Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Bidentastic week and Trump's very bad one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually, the Inflation Reduction Act is going to have minimal impact.

The Medicare provisions don't go into effect until 2025.

The electric car subsidy has some significant restrictions that will minimize its impact.

The only thing that's immediate is the hiring of the IRS agents. I certainly don't believe they'll restrict the extra audits to people and companies over $400,000.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
      Actually, the Inflation Reduction Act is going to have minimal impact.

The electric car subsidy has some significant restrictions that will minimize its impact.

The only thing that's immediate is the hiring of the IRS agents. I certainly don't believe they'll restrict the extra audits to people and companies over $400,000.
      Even the IRS agents isn't that immediate. The 87,000 hiring of agents is slated to be over a 10 year time period

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
        Actually, the Inflation Reduction Act is going to have minimal impact.

The liberal MSM is assuring us that Republicans are being unhinged and paranoid about the IRS expansion. Just that alone (aside from the facts about it) should send up red flags.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          It reduces inflation by raising taxes so high on everyone that nobody can afford to buy anything. As demand drops, so do prices and inflation! Voila!
          You say this in jest, but there was a Democrat several weeks ago who claimed that raising taxes is a valid form of inflation reduction because it takes money out of the economy.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Even the IRS agents isn't that immediate. The 87,000 hiring of agents is slated to be over a 10 year time period
            Only in America can the government brag about more taxes and tax men with people clapping like seals.

Their hate for conservatives is deep, very deep.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              It's not like we've seen a pattern of it over the past 15 years. Learner's IRS targeting conservative groups before an election to the FBI doctoring an email and using it as the basis for a sworn statement to spy on Trump campaign adviser Carter Page and on and on.

Yeah. No reason to be suspicious.
              I like the way you want to smear the entire FBI because one FBI lawyer changed an email, inserting information that he thought was true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I like the way you want to smear the entire FBI because one FBI lawyer changed an email, inserting information that he thought was true.
                The way the IG memo came out on FISA applications, it was more than one email.....That one email seemed to be emblematic of how the process ran.

Comment

Much more than that was exposed if you bother to check. He was just the scapegoat low level underling who dutifully took the fall and was given a light slap on the wrist -- probation.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

You say this in jest, but there was a Democrat several weeks ago who claimed that raising taxes is a valid form of inflation reduction because it takes money out of the economy.
                    I was only half joking. But bonus: Not only does it keep money out of the hands of people and reduces inflation, it gives more money to the Demoncrats so they can "save the planet"

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

The way the IG memo came out on FISA applications, it was more than one email.....That one email seemed to be emblematic of how the process ran.
                      Certainly the IG found that a lot of mistakes were made. But most relevant to this discussion is that they found no "documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the FBI's decision to seek FISA authority on Carter Page."

Comment

Certainly the IG found that a lot of mistakes were made. But most relevant to this discussion is that they found no "documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the FBI's decision to seek FISA authority on Carter Page."
                        Right, "mistakes".

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Right, "mistakes".
                          I believe the word used was "errors". I was paraphrasing.

Comment

I believe the word used was "errors". I was paraphrasing.
                            Right, "errors".

"Your honor, we didn't break the law, we just made numerous errors!"

And if you believe that, I have some ocean front property in Nebraska that I'd like to sell you.

Comment

Because naturally if there were they would have used that special rubber stamp to mark everything thusly.

Of course there are a few of the exchanges between Strzok and Page that provide motive.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Because naturally if there were they would have used that special rubber stamp to mark everything thusly.

Of course there are a few of the exchanges between Strzok and Page that provide motive.
                                So you are happy to trust the IG, but only as long as the IG says what you want to hear. Got it.

Comment