Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Dark Brandon Rises.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Brandon Rises.

White House tries again to rebrand Biden, this time as ‘dark Brandon’

'Dark Brandon is crushing it,' White House deputy press secretary Andrew Bates tweeted

Multiple White House staffers and Democrats have taken to social media attempting to rebrand President Biden as "dark Brandon" amid a series of legislative victories.

"Dark Brandon is crushing it," Andrew Bates, the White House deputy press secretary, tweeted Sunday evening along with an image of Biden with laser eyes.

"Your malarkey has been going on for long enough, kiddo," read the image's caption.
    1.jpg

Bates then tweeted another meme with the captions "the malarkey will end" and "the dark Brandon rises" in response to a tweet criticizing his initial post. The image appeared to depict Biden as Batman.

2.jpg

But conservatives pointed out that the second image tweeted by Bates included eagle imagery resembling the logo used by the Nazi Party in the 1930s.

"Personally, I'm not surprised that you're tweeting out Nazi eagle imagery of your boss who reminisces about his segregationist 'mentor,'" Abigail Marone, a spokesperson for Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., tweeted.

"'Dark Brandon' started as Chinese propaganda and then the White House co-opted it using Nazi Eagle imagery..." Alec Sears, a digital staffer at the Republican National Committee, tweeted. "They're not sending their best."

"In 2020, the Trump campaign faced a week of stories and fact checks about a t-shirt with an eagle on it," Tim Murtaugh, the communications director for former President Trump's 2020 campaign, tweeted. "Let’s see if a tweet from an official Biden White House account gets the same treatment."

However, the apparent creator of the image said Monday that the image was never intended to be the "Reichsadler" seen in Nazi imagery, in an interview with The Washington Post. He said it was instead meant to represent a bald eagle.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/whi...n-dark-brandon

--------------
    How clueless are the democrats? How do memes showing Biden as some evil monster with laser eyes or nazi eagles supposed to improve his image?

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    White House tries again to rebrand Biden, this time as ‘dark Brandon’

'Dark Brandon is crushing it,' White House deputy press secretary Andrew Bates tweeted

Multiple White House staffers and Democrats have taken to social media attempting to rebrand President Biden as "dark Brandon" amid a series of legislative victories.

"Dark Brandon is crushing it," Andrew Bates, the White House deputy press secretary, tweeted Sunday evening along with an image of Biden with laser eyes.

"Your malarkey has been going on for long enough, kiddo," read the image's caption.
    1.jpg

Bates then tweeted another meme with the captions "the malarkey will end" and "the dark Brandon rises" in response to a tweet criticizing his initial post. The image appeared to depict Biden as Batman.

2.jpg

But conservatives pointed out that the second image tweeted by Bates included eagle imagery resembling the logo used by the Nazi Party in the 1930s.

"Personally, I'm not surprised that you're tweeting out Nazi eagle imagery of your boss who reminisces about his segregationist 'mentor,'" Abigail Marone, a spokesperson for Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., tweeted.

"'Dark Brandon' started as Chinese propaganda and then the White House co-opted it using Nazi Eagle imagery..." Alec Sears, a digital staffer at the Republican National Committee, tweeted. "They're not sending their best."

"In 2020, the Trump campaign faced a week of stories and fact checks about a t-shirt with an eagle on it," Tim Murtaugh, the communications director for former President Trump's 2020 campaign, tweeted. "Let’s see if a tweet from an official Biden White House account gets the same treatment."

However, the apparent creator of the image said Monday that the image was never intended to be the "Reichsadler" seen in Nazi imagery, in an interview with The Washington Post. He said it was instead meant to represent a bald eagle.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/whi...n-dark-brandon

--------------
    How clueless are the democrats? How do memes showing Biden as some evil monster with laser eyes or nazi eagles supposed to improve his image?

Looks like they're trying to emulate the whole God Emperor Trump thing that was going around a couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Looks like they're trying to emulate the whole God Emperor Trump thing that was going around a couple years ago.
      I see a different emulation. The MAGA crowd loved it when Biden called them "Ultra MAGA" - they even adopted it.

So, now Biden is adopting the "Brandon" label and trying to turn it around. A little late though, that meme had run its course.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I see a different emulation. The MAGA crowd loved it when Biden called them "Ultra MAGA" - they even adopted it.

So, now Biden is adopting the "Brandon" label and trying to turn it around. A little late though, that meme had run its course.
        It's also pretty clueless to depict Biden as some sort of glowing eyed demon and expect that to improve his image.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

It's also pretty clueless to depict Biden as some sort of glowing eyed demon and expect that to improve his image.
          And to call him "Dark." These people take too many cues from Hollywood. What might draw a crowd to a movie isn't the same as who should be running the country. Darth Vader?

Comment

The Democrats have been trying desperately to turn "Let's go, Brandon!" into something positive ever since that fateful day when the reporterette lied about what the crowd was chanting.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Just the other day there was an article criticizing Trump for using the Brandon nickname.

ETA: The Unpresidential Vulgarity of ‘Let’s Go Brandon’

It's from a site called The Bulwark but the besterest part is the category the article is filed under: TRUMPISM CORRUPTS
              Last edited by rogue06; 08-09-2022, 11:28 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

At least Brandon looks manly here...

image_64810.jpg
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

image_64810.jpg
                  Anyone remember when they decided the CPAC stage looked like a "nazi rune"?

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Anyone remember when they decided the CPAC stage looked like a "nazi rune"?
                    I'm guessing Biden is supposed to represent von Stauffenberg, ready to defeat Hitler and the Nazis (hence the eagle). Obscure reference, but fits with their Hollywood obsession.

batman.jpg
                    Last edited by Ronson; 08-09-2022, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I'm guessing Biden is supposed to represent von Stauffenberg, ready to defeat Hitler and the Nazis (hence the eagle). Obscure reference, but fits with their Hollywood obsession.

batman.jpg
                      Well, we must remember the standard used. They "Should have known" that this was likely to be misinterpreted, so therefore it's horrible and malignant.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

image_64810.jpg
                        That picture makes him look like the villain in Waterworld played by Dennis Hopper.

latest.jpg

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

cruise.jpg

Comment

College Football season is almost upon us. The chants will happen again.
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              College Football season is almost upon us. The chants will happen again.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment