Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Dark Brandon Rises.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I'm guessing Biden is supposed to represent von Stauffenberg, ready to defeat Hitler and the Nazis (hence the eagle). Obscure reference, but fits with their Hollywood obsession.

batman.jpg
    I took it as a mashup of "The Dark Knight Rises" with the X-Men "Dark Phoenix Saga." (If you're not familiar, Jean Grey, one of the X-Men, became "The Phoenix" via a variety of different means in different story lines over the decades. Her barely-controllable near-omnipotence gradually drover her insane and evil, and she became "Dark Phoenix." Whether as Phoenix or Dark Phoenix, her power often manifested as a great bird-shaped flaming aura.)
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

That picture makes him look like the villain in Waterworld played by Dennis Hopper.

latest.jpg
      And I see a Nick Fury, then and now mashup.

Then: 280px-Nick-fury-agent-of-shield-movie-poster-486x700.jpg

Now: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLsDeol-Wl8J99P8LxM4gVbtm20i9SnP1poAdNN8yD7AD4eUFhJM0-IMxYh8I8u5R1ngw&usqp=CAU.jpg
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

I'm guessing Biden is supposed to represent von Stauffenberg, ready to defeat Hitler and the Nazis (hence the eagle). Obscure reference, but fits with their Hollywood obsession.

batman.jpg
        I don't get the beard though...

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

I took it as a mashup of "The Dark Knight Rises" with the X-Men "Dark Phoenix Saga." (If you're not familiar, Jean Grey, one of the X-Men, became "The Phoenix" via a variety of different means in different story lines over the decades. Her barely-controllable near-omnipotence gradually drover her insane and evil, and she became "Dark Phoenix." Whether as Phoenix or Dark Phoenix, her power often manifested as a great bird-shaped flaming aura.)
          I think you're right about the mashup. I'm not familiar with a lot of newer films (especially ones with fantasy elements) but there appears to be several themes going on.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I don't get the beard though...
            Me either. I think it's NorrinRadd's mashup. Haven't found the bearded reference yet.

Comment

Me either. I think it's NorrinRadd's mashup. Haven't found the bearded reference yet.
              That may be part of the "new" Nick Fury. Here's a close-up:

nick-fury-eye-1552397861.jpg?crop=0.488xw:0.976xh;0,0&resize=640:*.jpg

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Basically, it's a mash-up mash-up: Dark Phoenix, Dark Knight, "old" (i.e. white, not bald) Nick Fury, "new" (i.e. black, bald) Nick Fury.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                  Basically, it's a mash-up mash-up: Dark Phoenix, Dark Knight, "old" (i.e. white, not bald) Nick Fury, "new" (i.e. black, bald) Nick Fury.
                  They also have him as a Terminator

Dark_Brandon-1024x427.jpg
                  That's "Rip and Tear" Dark Brandon.

Still funny how they're portraying a man who gets lost walking into the White House and who's toxic farting at a state dinner became the topic of discussion is anything but the bumbling duffer we've seen all along.

Maybe they can do a Dark Brandon meme of him falling off his bicycle when he comes to a stop.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Looks like after his speech where Biden succeeded in emulating both Hitler and the Emperor in Star Wars, "Dark Brandon" has been memory-holed by his keepers.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Looks like after his speech where Biden succeeded in emulating both Hitler and the Emperor in Star Wars, "Dark Brandon" has been memory-holed by his keepers.
                      It was always a dumb idea, but I guess it took Joe going off the rails in a way that was impossible to spin for his handlers to realize it.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It was always a dumb idea, but I guess it took Joe going off the rails in a way that was impossible to spin for his handlers to realize it.
                        He continues preaching divisivism every chance he gets but the whole Dark Brandon meme is dead.

Comment

He continues preaching divisivism every chance he gets but the whole Dark Brandon meme is dead.
                          Oh, it's very much alive. It's just being used by the other side of the political aisle.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Oh, it's very much alive. It's just being used by the other side of the political aisle.
                            AFAICT, the memes stopped being posted shortly after his speech

Comment

They also have him as a Terminator

Dark_Brandon-1024x427.jpg
                              That's "Rip and Tear" Dark Brandon.

Still funny how they're portraying a man who gets lost walking into the White House and who's toxic farting at a state dinner became the topic of discussion is anything but the bumbling duffer we've seen all along.

Maybe they can do a Dark Brandon meme of him falling off his bicycle when he comes to a stop.
                              I missed this one when posted. Reminds me of this that I read regularly back in the day:

Deathlock.jpg

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment