Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Stasi Raid Mar-a-Lago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

One cannot help but feel delicious Schadenfreude ....
    Is that baked, fried or boiled? And is it a main dish or a dessert?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      And it gets worse: the magistrate who approved this sketchy raid not only has direct ties to Epstein, but he's also an outspoken anti-Trumper, which exposes a huge conflict of interest.

Images that appear to be of Reinhart’s Facebook page seen by Breitbart News show Reinhart praising leftist Robert Reich for his criticism of Donald Trump, accusing the former President of lacking “moral stature,” and sharing a woke video about “white privilege.”

In a Facebook post dated 14 January 2017, Reinhart attacked President Trump for his comments about former congressman and woke hero John Lewis.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2022/...ump-attitudes/

I was hearing something about this last night. It appears that they might have engaged in judge shopping to get the warrant and the judge picked is a zealous anti-Trumper.

If so, that puts a large dent into the argument this wasn't all done for show and in hopes of finding something during the search (i.e., a fishing expedition). .

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I think this was an ill-advised political operation. Someone somewhere thought the optics would diminish Trump's support, and that they might find something to prosecute him on and make him a felon (ineligible for POTUS). They didn't consider the possibility that the optics would fire up his support and that they might not find anything to prosecute him on. And, I might add, prosecuting him on mishandling classified documents isn't really going to fly, assuming they even have that.

The next couple of months will be interesting.
        As far as I know there is nothing stopping a felon from running for POTUS. Only an impeachment from the senate can do that I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

As far as I know there is nothing stopping a felon from running for POTUS. Only an impeachment from the senate can do that I think.
          Nothing in the constitution possibly because they never envisioned a convicted felon running for president or even because of a concern that politicians would make certain activities felonies in order to prohibit someone from seeking office.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Nothing in the constitution possibly because they never envisioned a convicted felon running for president or even because of a concern that politicians would make certain activities felonies in order to prohibit someone from seeking office.
            Or they knew politicians would all be crooks anyway!

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Ask Teallaura about Obama.
              I asked you, as you're the one who just stated it. Don't go doing the H_A routine of trying to argue by proxy and pulling in other posters.

My friend you have been busy moving those goal posts so much you must be tired by now. You started by claiming that Trump was the only president who took papers that he was forced to return and now look where you are at.
              I haven't shifted any goalposts. I'm still waiting for evidence to support your claims. You've provided none.

And you still haven't backed up your "took classified documents for their memoirs" claim so I'll assume you pulled that one out your rectal orifice. The only thing you've actually shown thus far is the Clinton's taking household goods which aren't documents and aren't covered under the Presidential Records Act.

And if you DO provide some actual evidence, them well need to compare their response to requests to return it with Trump's, ompare if they kept classified documents like Trump did, and if they damaged or destroyed the documents and if they returned l documents, in order for your hypothetical comparison to be made.
              Last edited by Gondwanaland; 08-11-2022, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• 299018078_10229281581690026_5638025220215863849_n.jpg
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Not too bad of a photoshop, did you make it? If so it was the piling together of the oreos at an unnatural angle, the solo cup and the bottle that gave it away the most, might work on that.
                  Last edited by Gondwanaland; 08-11-2022, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    Right. Like refusing to surrender them. Or if it's coupled with something like trying to avoid Federal Recordkeeping laws. Or if it was destroyed before being turned over. Both Trump and Hillary seem to be guilty of the last item if what has been said about the docs at Mar a Lago is true.
                    I don't think Hillary has been accused of destroying federal records, although there are certainly Republicans who suspect her of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                      Not too bad of a photoshop, did you make it? If so it was the piling together of the oreos at an unnatural angle, the solo cup and the bottle that gave it away the most, might work on that.
                      Looks like a lot of news services have run that photo as authentic. Not seeing any retractions yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                        Not too bad of a photoshop, did you make it? If so it was the piling together of the oreos at an unnatural angle, the solo cup and the bottle that gave it away the most, might work on that.
                        If it isn't a photoshop would that make any difference to you? After all he defended a number of Epstein's minions...
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                          I don't think Hillary has been accused of destroying federal records, although there are certainly Republicans who suspect her of it.
                          In spite of insisting that she only deleted stuff about yoga class and exchanges with Bill (who exposed the lie when he said he hasn't ever emailed Hillary), all the federal documents being emailed back and forth between her and her staff (including the ones where she taught them to remove the classified header from so it doesn't set off any red flags), were federal property.

So the stuff on those Blackberries that were smashed with hammers and the emails that got wiped by a "cloth" known as Bleachbit (endorsed by drug cartels and organized crime everywhere) included federal records.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                            One of his lawyers said she and the others convinced him to assert his Fifth Amendment rights because of the way he was clearly being target since back when that AG was campaigning, and the likelihood of "perjury traps" for incidental misstatements.
                            Perjury traps are never about "incidental misstatements." They are when prosecutors intentionally ask a question that the witness would not want to answer truthfully (for whatever reason) in order to get him to commit perjury. (Like asking Bill Clinton if he was having an affair with Monica Lewinski, for example.)

In this case, there is a criminal investigation going on about Trump's business in parallel with the civil investigation. The perjury trap would be to ask Trump a question that if answered truthfully could be used as evidence against him in the criminal investigation, but if answered falsely could get him convicted of perjury. Trump would obviously prefer to risk paying a big fine than put himself in that position.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

If it isn't a photoshop would that make any difference to you? After all he defended a number of Epstein's minions...
                              It would set a pretty horrific precedent if we started blaming lawyers for the crimes allegedly committed by their clients.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It all depends.... if they actually produce something substantial, it changes the narrative. But, yes, it would be hard to imagine that they could do this without a green light from the top.
                                How can the they produce anything substantial since they do not have a chain of evidence for it.

CP Some quick question here(not that I need it this is for folks who do not seem to understand much about evidence and how it works) when police serve a warrant what is the normal procedure used to make sure any evidence found won't be thrown out? What would happen if you did not give the owner or his Lawyers a detailed inventory of what you took or would you expect the above people to sign the said inventory if they were not allowed to watch you while the searched your place?
                                Last edited by RumTumTugger; 08-11-2022, 11:04 AM.

Comment