Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Stasi Raid Mar-a-Lago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    Nothing actionable? He was Impeached, twice. After stealing from his 'charity' he was banned from running charities ever again. After defrauding students at Trump 'university' he settled. And the Muller report listed plenty of wrongdoing, but the political choice was made not to pursue it.

That's aside from the at least 3 further ongoing investigations relating to him - classified document handling, fake electors scheme, and Jan 6 committee.
    I never accused Trump of being a saint. No one in politics is. I listed the investigations and the results.

The eventual finding of that investigation was that there was no intentional systemic scheme by Hillary to keep classified documents on her email. What pieces of classified material that there were there had been sent to her piecemeal by over 30 different people in dribs and drabs, there was no wrongdoing on her part.
    She said that too, as she was hammering the evidence into dust.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

I guess this is it. This is the day history will remember how it started.
      I wouldn't go quite that far. But I am curious about the connection between the raid and the cell phone. There may be none and it's just a coincidence, or the feds think Trump was confiding in Perry (seems doubtful to me).

I'm also curious why they were heavily searching Melania's wardrobe. Trump keeps his papers in her closet?

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post

Ignoring your condescending tone.

​​​​​​So you agree the FBI let Hillary get away with a crime. And no Trump did not have 4 years how could he when he and his team were having to fight the false accusations coming from the Democrats who had the help of the upper Echelon in the FBI who went so far in the case of carter page falsify an e-mail from a top CIA official to make it seem as if Carter page was not the American asset that the CIA told them he was,btw the attorney who falsified said email is still working for the FBI.

As for whether it was a legal search warrant that remains to be seen judging by the facts that are coming out see the video in Seand's post it is not looking good for the FBI especially since as I mentioned in my previous post Trump has a letter from the National Archives telling him he does not need to do anything else after 9 months of cooperating with them. In case you need it it is post #124.
        A president typically accomplishes more during their first year than during the rest of their Administration. There are of course exceptions, but this is largely due to the "Honeymoon" period the president is afforded to move his agenda forward.

Trump had no honeymoon. From the start he was forced to defend himself against scurrilous and bogus charges concocted by the Democrats and specifically Hillary, designed to hamstring his presidency. In the first months of his term even some Congressional Republicans refused to work with him because they had been convinced by the left that Trump would soon be impeached over election fraud.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

But again, what significance would there be here, given Trump's own (DIRECT) connections to Epstein, that a judge had formerly done his job as a legal representative of people that have some Epstein connection of some sort?
          The moment Trump was informed of Epstein's behavior (apparently he accosted a maid at Mar-a-Lago) he was permanently banned from all of Trump's property. Moreover, the lawyers of some of the girls trying to sue Epstein thanked Trump for his cooperation noting that he was the only witness who agreed to help them when everyone else wouldn't.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            This morning on ABC's Good Morning America, the network's chief legal analyst, Dan Abrams, was asked by co-host George Stephanopoulos if there might be more to it than the FBI has indicated. Abrams agreed that is the case saying that "there has to be something more than just a Presidential Records Act violation."

And on CBS Mornings today, their Chief Washington correspondent, Major Garrett, observed that what "we don't have is very much transparency from the Justice Department or the FBI" and that "We don't know what the underlying facts are. We haven’t seen the affidavit. We haven't seen the search warrant."

At CNN, their legal analyst Paul Callan was on At This Hour was asked by a fill-in co-host that if "this becomes a Presidential Records Act violation, not more, do you think it is enough to warrant all this?" Callan responded

"It's not enough to warrant all of this. And this is a daring and dangerous move by the Department of Justice to serve a warrant on a former President and to raid his personal residence."

He went on to speculate that there must be more behind the raid. Something "a lot more serious."

Even over on NBC’s Today, Justice correspondent Ken Dilanian pointed out

Normally, if an ex-president has documents he shouldn’t have, the government would simply ask for them back. This move suggests something broke down in a big way between Trump and the Archives and that these documents may have contained some very sensitive information.

The news reported that the government has been working with Trump all along and Trump has already turned over several boxes of classified documents and was cooperating with them, so it seems if it is about classified docs then there was no need for a raid, they could have just subpoenaed them. This is about more.

Maybe Trump has the Trooth™ about Big Foot and Aliens!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
              Bret Baier showed a timeline that indicated negotiations between Trump's reps and the DOJ were ongoing during the summer but "broke down" a few days ago.

Even it's true that Bad Orange Man was illegally in possession of documents, and even if negotiations for their recovery broke down, it would require extraordinary circumstances to go immediately to a search warrant for the location, rather than merely presenting a subpoena.

And even if the warrant were justified, there is no good reason for such flamboyant sturm und drang. It's just the FBI equivalent of a flashy sports car: Compensating for "inadequacies."
              Not to mention they didn't need to surround the place with dozens of police cars to do a simple search warrant. One car with a van to transport the material would be enough. This was all for show.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                Do they want to push Trump voters to violence? It seems so...
                They already resorted to violence on January 6, and very well may do it again. They apparently do not need to be pushed. It is their 'modus operandi.'
                Last edited by shunyadragon; 08-10-2022, 07:11 AM.
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Do they want to push Trump voters to violence? It seems so...
                  No other President in history has been accused of taking Classified and Secret documents home after their Presidency is over. He already has been openly ordered to return some documents he took when it was discovered he took them.
                  Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• If the lawyers were blocked from observing the raid and ensuring that the FBI conducted an ethical search, then on what grounds would they be able to introduce any evidence at all without it being immediately dismissed? It's all about reasonable doubt, and there is reasonable doubt that the FBI planted something especially since they executed this search with shadowy intent. The blatant refusal to be transparent in this matter is enough, in and of itself, to have the entire matter dismissed. The FBI refusal for oversight and transparency is itself reasonable doubt in favor of Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

They already resorted to violence on January 6, and very well may do it again. They apparently do not need to be pushed. It is their 'modus operandi.'
                      Actually violence is the modus operandi of the left, or did you forget a year and a half of cities being burned and looted? We have a long way to go to catch up with that...
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        The moment Trump was informed of Epstein's behavior (apparently he accosted a maid at Mar-a-Lago) he was permanently banned from all of Trump's property. Moreover, the lawyers of some of the girls trying to sue Epstein thanked Trump for his cooperation noting that he was the only witness who agreed to help them when everyone else wouldn't.
                        That's certainly what he likes to claim, yes. And?

Comment

No other President in history has been accused of taking Classified and Secret documents home after their Presidency is over. He already has been openly ordered to return some documents he took when it was discovered he took them.
                          Is this grounds for an FBI raid though? That's the question. Let's say he did carry some classified documents home with him, and they are found in those boxes. What's the penalty? Fines? Barring him from running for office again? That doesn't sound like it would warrant a full on armed FBI raid. They raided his home like they would raid a drug kingpin.

Comment

Except if Trump declassified those documents before he left the office they are no longer secret.
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the democrat are TRYING to instigate another Jan 6 riot by doing crap like this so they can point at conservatives and call them "terrorists"

This sort of crap seems designed to pick a fight with Trump supporters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

That's certainly what he likes to claim, yes. And?
                                ...corresponds with the facts.

What else would you have him done?

Comment