Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Stasi Raid Mar-a-Lago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

I agree with the pundit -- and I've seen and heard so many belching their opinions that I don't recall who it was -- who opined that we need something similar to the "Church committee" or "Church commission" to thoroughly examine the FBI and DOJ, and hopefully break them into tiny pieces.

But yeah, "defund" is good too. Also for the IRS. And the CDC.
    Steve Crowder declared he won't vote for any Rep, no exception, that doesn't openly advocate defunding FBI. Mark Levin has gone full nuclear against the FBI. It's interesting to watch this switch on the political right. I'm curious what the biggest FBI bootlicker of all, Hannity, has to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Not liking your own logic/arguments used against you, eh?
      Is that what you think you're doing?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        This morning on ABC's Good Morning America, the network's chief legal analyst, Dan Abrams, was asked by co-host George Stephanopoulos if there might be more to it than the FBI has indicated. Abrams agreed that is the case saying that "there has to be something more than just a Presidential Records Act violation."

And on CBS Mornings today, their Chief Washington correspondent, Major Garrett, observed that what "we don't have is very much transparency from the Justice Department or the FBI" and that "We don't know what the underlying facts are. We haven’t seen the affidavit. We haven't seen the search warrant."

At CNN, their legal analyst Paul Callan was on At This Hour was asked by a fill-in co-host that if "this becomes a Presidential Records Act violation, not more, do you think it is enough to warrant all this?" Callan responded

"It's not enough to warrant all of this. And this is a daring and dangerous move by the Department of Justice to serve a warrant on a former President and to raid his personal residence."

He went on to speculate that there must be more behind the raid. Something "a lot more serious."

Even over on NBC’s Today, Justice correspondent Ken Dilanian pointed out

Normally, if an ex-president has documents he shouldn’t have, the government would simply ask for them back. This move suggests something broke down in a big way between Trump and the Archives and that these documents may have contained some very sensitive information.

It's political theater.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          “The Department of Justice has authorized me to confirm” the existence of a broader investigation into potential collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign, Comey said. “We’re not going to say another word about it until we’re done.”

James Comey, May 3, 2017. The beginning of the Mueller investigation and the impeachment that came out of it. My memory is fine. Trump was handicapped by the response to the Comey firing and the subsequent Mueller investigation
          No impeachment came out of the Mueller investigation. (Though one should have.)

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

Steve Crowder declared he won't vote for any Rep, no exception, that doesn't openly advocate defunding FBI. Mark Levin has gone full nuclear against the FBI. It's interesting to watch this switch on the political right. I'm curious what the biggest FBI bootlicker of all, Hannity, has to say.
            We'll see in about 80 minutes.

I predict it will be his usual "tiny minority of rotten apples," "99.9% of the 'rank and file' are good people."
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post

What violations?
              The ones where he stole 15 boxes from the White House and had to be forced by the National Archives to return them, a number of them being marked classified.

Trump has a letter from the national archives whom he and hi people have been cooperating with for 9 months thanking him for his cooperation and the 12 boxes,he gave them after they went to Mars largo to go through the boxes of documents he took with him when he left the white house in fact the gave him hi praise for his preservation of said documents. What reason does the FBI have to even suspect a violation of the Presidential Records Act. The more information that is coming out is leading to at best over reach on the FBI's part if not the Democrats are and have been weaponizing the DOJ and FBI against their opponents.
              He literally took classified documents from the White House and mishandled them in the process. And now he's been raided for it likely because they have evidence he didn't turn everything over.

Comment

Especially since they wouldn't allow Bad Orange Man's lawyers to record or even observe their activities.
                No source?

Comment

None Gondo or any other FBI apologist would respect.
                  Translation: I pulled that claim out of my rectum and now can't back it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

“The Department of Justice has authorized me to confirm” the existence of a broader investigation into potential collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign, Comey said. “We’re not going to say another word about it until we’re done.”

James Comey, May 3, 2017. The beginning of the Mueller investigation and the impeachment that came out of it. My memory is fine. Trump was handicapped by the response to the Comey firing and the subsequent Mueller investigation
                    Clearly it isn't fine.
                    Comey was fired in 2017. Trump was impeached in 2019. Trump was not impeached for his firing of Comey. Trump was not handicapped wrt Hillary's crimes by anything. Your excuses don't hold water.

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post

Ignoring your condescending tone.

​​​​​​So you agree the FBI let Hillary get away with a crime.
                      Yes, the FBI under Trump and Obama let her get away with a crime. I don't see why we should allow Trump to get away with the same crime.

And no Trump did not have 4 years how could he when he and his team were having to fight the false accusations coming from the Democrats who had the help of the upper Echelon in the FBI who went so far in the case of carter page falsify an e-mail from a top CIA official to make it seem as if Carter page was not the American asset that the CIA told them he was,btw the attorney who falsified said email is still working for the FBI.
                      Wrong, Trump had 4 years. Made up excuses to his inaction just make you look like a QAnoner making up reasons.
                      As for whether it was a legal search warrant that remains to be seen judging by the facts that are coming out see the video in Seand's post it is not looking good for the FBI especially since as I mentioned in my previous post Trump has a letter from the National Archives telling him he does not need to do anything else after 9 months of cooperating with them. In case you need it it is post #124.
                      The facts are Trump took documents. Including classified ones. Now there appears to be probable cause and evidence of a crime related to his actions.

Comment

• Bret Baier showed a timeline that indicated negotiations between Trump's reps and the DOJ were ongoing during the summer but "broke down" a few days ago.

Even it's true that Bad Orange Man was illegally in possession of documents, and even if negotiations for their recovery broke down, it would require extraordinary circumstances to go immediately to a search warrant for the location, rather than merely presenting a subpoena.

And even if the warrant were justified, there is no good reason for such flamboyant sturm und drang. It's just the FBI equivalent of a flashy sports car: Compensating for "inadequacies."
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

So all it took to make conservatives join the Defund the Police movement was to threaten their cult leader.

Comment

Bret Baier showed a timeline that indicated negotiations between Trump's reps and the DOJ were ongoing during the summer but "broke down" a few days ago.

Even it's true that Bad Orange Man was illegally in possession of documents, and even if negotiations for their recovery broke down, it would require extraordinary circumstances to go immediately to a search warrant for the location, rather than merely presenting a subpoena.

And even if the warrant were justified, there is no good reason for such flamboyant sturm und drang. It's just the FBI equivalent of a flashy sports car: Compensating for "inadequacies."
                            Ah yes they should have.... what.... gone and knocked and asked "pretty please can we come in and search for stolen documents? Hey, we'll even give you a few hours to get things in order and then we'll come in quietly and do a quick search"

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Translation: I pulled that claim out of my rectum and now can't back it up.
                              If you can pull your own head out of your own Edited by a Moderator long enough to read this: I got it where everyone else probably did -- common knowledge, as well as sources like Turley on one of his TV interviews. It's common for departing POTUSes to take documents that turn out to be "disputable." It's not common for it to turn into such a fiasco.

Moderator Notice

Language

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                              Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Psychotherapy Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by ke7ejx; 08-09-2022, 07:04 PM.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Unless I'm mistaken, many presidents take home correspondence between themselves and world leaders for their presidential libraries. The only person necessary to "declassify" such correspondence in the president himself, which he can do when leaving office.

The entire premise here is obvious partisan machinations. Even Mike Pence (no friend of Trump anymore) has come out to denounce it because of the frightening precedence it sets.
                                You are indeed mistaken. Copies can be used for presidential libraries, and even originals with permission of the National Archives if they allow it (after taking copies themselves). Presidents don't get to box up original documents and steal them.

Comment