Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Stasi Raid Mar-a-Lago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Again, I'll go with Garland who was correct about the warrant which was given on site, over your gullible belief in your "sources" that youve spent multiple pages promoting and defending only for it to come to light that lied to you.
    Garland is dealing in half truths. He is correct to say that the warrant was turned over on site, but conspicuously absent from his statement is any justification for why agents refused to allow Trump's lawyers access to the warrant until their ten hour fishing expedition had concluded.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Garland is dealing in half truths
      Says the person who just spent like 10 pages of the thread declaring that the warrant was not given to the lawyers.

He is correct to say that the warrant was turned over on site, but conspicuously absent from his statement is any justification for why agents refused to allow Trump's lawyers access to the warrant until their ten hour fishing expedition had concluded.
      As opposed to the sources you gullibly believed who told you the warrant had not been given to the lawyers who you now want me to believe are correct about the itemized list despite their lie....... and it's Garland who is 'dealing in half-truths' and not your sources who have been demonstrably proven at least 'half-lied'? Riiiight.

Comment

• Originally posted by myth View Post

I don't watch cable TV news. Once again, you're disparaging me personally (because yes, I do consider implying I'm a liberal a bit of insult when you know very well that I'm not). And just because I said something negative about Trump doesn't mean you can dismiss my argument out of hand. Of course, that's what you're doing and that's probably why you still support Trump. Kinda hard to consider the other view if, every time someone says something negative about the man, you put your hands over your ears like a 3 year old and shout "I can't hear you!"
        I honestly have no idea what your political affiliation is.

Comment

Again, I'll go with Garland who was correct about the warrant which was given on site, over your gullible belief in your "sources" that youve spent multiple pages promoting and defending only for it to come to light that lied to you.
          I think MM’s got a point.

Settle down for a second and ask yourself if they might have had some reason to resist turning over an inventory of what they’d seized until they were ready to leave.

Sometimes, the low-hanging fruit is just too tempting.

Comment

Says the person who just spent like 10 pages of the thread declaring that the warrant was not given to the lawyers.

As opposed to the sources you gullibly believed who told you the warrant had not been given to the lawyers who you now want me to believe are correct about the itemized list despite their lie....... and it's Garland who is 'dealing in half-truths' and not your sources who have been demonstrably proven at least 'half-lied'? Riiiight.
            As I said, I misread earlier statements. Eric Trump was correct to say that lawyers on site were not given a copy of the warrant, because they weren't, at least not until the whole circus was winding down half a day later. It was my mistake to assume this meant they were never given a copy at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by myth View Post
              I do consider implying I'm a liberal a bit of insult when you know very well that I'm not.
              Relax. After a few years, you’ll find the sting just fades away. Trust me on this. And if you ever need some outlet for your aggression while it’s fading, try giving Thirsty a boot to the head.

Works for me.

Good luck in your ministry.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Wait. I thought democrats and republicans switched ideologies....so how does pre-civil rights FBI reflect anything?
                Not to mention that prior to Obama the FBI enjoyed a sterling reputation for honesty and integrity. They weren't perfect, but the reputation was generally earned.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As I said, I misread earlier statements. Eric Trump was correct to say that lawyers on site were not given a copy of the warrant, because they weren't, at least not until the whole circus was winding down half a day later. It was my mistake to assume this meant they were never given a copy at all.
                  Again, no he was not correct, as they were, indeed, given a copy. Nor were your Fox Business buddies correct. Nor was your unnamed 'eyewitness' correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Not to mention that prior to Obama the FBI enjoyed a sterling reputation for honesty and integrity. They weren't perfect, but the reputation was generally earned.
                    Who could have ever guessed that The X-Files had the most accurate portrayal of the FBI in popular entertainment when it depicted them as a shady organization working against the best interests of the people?

Comment

Hillary knew. Her staff is on record saying that she instructed them on how to identify and remove classification markings from the emails passing through her server.
                      That is false. Though she did on one occasion direct a staffer to strip out the classified information from a document in the SCIF, and send her the rest.

And as a top White House official with training in the handling of classified material, to claim she had no idea what information was being trafficked is not plausible.
                      I don't think she claimed that "she had no idea what information was being trafficked". Just that she didn't know it was classified.

Comment

• gv081222dAPR20220812084505.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                          That is false. Though she did on one occasion direct a staffer to strip out the classified information from a document in the SCIF, and send her the rest.

I don't think she claimed that "she had no idea what information was being trafficked". Just that she didn't know it was classified.
                          She instructed them on how to remove the Classified label not the classified information.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

298529797_10224163155200127_2175271442907852638_n.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Relax. After a few years, you’ll find the sting just fades away. Trust me on this. And if you ever need some outlet for your aggression while it’s fading, try giving Thirsty a boot to the head.

Works for me.

Good luck in your ministry.
                              Fair warning, Thirsty found a bottle of Mad Dog 2020 last night.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                Fair warning, Thirsty found a bottle of Mad Dog 2020 last night.
                                What year?

Sorry. Many moons ago I worked in an upscale liquor store for the Summer when two rather scruffy looking gentlemen entered the premise and asked where the "Mad Dog" was. I looked them straight in the eye and asked without cracking a smile if they had a particular year for that vintage in mind.

For those that don't know "Mad Dog" is Mogen David and the 20/20 (for 20% alcohol in 20 oz. bottle) is a thing of the past.

Comment