Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Stasi Raid Mar-a-Lago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    The idiot literally took classified documents from the white house and took them to his home after leaving office.
    Unlikely.

Out of curiosity, what's to stop trump sympathizer agents from deleting or destroying or hiding evidence or pulling other tricks?
    Is that what happened during the Russian Collusion Delusion investigation? Sympathetic agents hid evidence of Trump's guilt?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Unlikely.
      Um, no, he factually did. We've known this since at least February. National Arcades forced his hand and under a law put into place after the Nixon fiasco, obtained multiple boxes documents from his home which he had illegally removed from the White House (including his love letters to Kim Jong Un). A number of the documents were determined to be classified documents. He's a giant hypocrite, which anyone with a working brain should already know.

(this isn't even going into his habit of destroying documents, which similarly violated public records laws)
      Is that what happened during the Russian Collusion Delusion investigation? Sympathetic agents hid evidence of Trump's guilt?
      How do we know they didn't, by your logic that you want to use to defend Trump? You don't get to have it both ways, hun.

Comment

Um, no, he factually did. We've known this since at least February. National Arcades forced his hand and got multiple boxes documents from his home which he had illegally removed from the White House (including his love letters to Kim Jong Un). A number of the documents were determined to be classified documents. He's a giant hypocrite, which anyone with a working brain should already know.

How do we know they didn't, by your logic that you want to use to defend Trump? You don't get to have it both ways, hun.
        We know what the FBI did during the Russian Collusion Delusion. Now you want me to prove what they didn't do?

As for whether or not the documents were classified when removed, you do know that a sitting president can choose to declassify whatever he wants.

Think about it: if we've known since February, then why wasn't he charged in February? Trust me: this raid is political theater.
        Last edited by Mountain Man; 08-09-2022, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

We know
          We do?

what the FBI did during the Russian Collusion Delusion. Now you want me to prove what they didn't do?
          Are you sure we know? But what if sympathetic ones destroyed evidence, how would we know if they did or not?

As for whether or not the documents were classified when removed, you do know that a sitting president can choose to declassify whatever he wants.
          Sure. But he didn't declassify, and removed it while leaving office, with it still classified, along with various other documents, all of which is illegal under the law put into place after Nixon.

Think about it: if we've known since February, then why wasn't he charged in February?
          Because one isn't usually charged immediately when an investigation is going on to obtain more information on potentially larger lawbreaking. This raid being likely the culmination of that.

But then by your logic, Hillary is innocent because she wasn't charged on anything and hasn't been for years. Right?
          Trust me: this raid is political theater.
          Trust you? You're a Putin bootlicker and a Trump cultist, I can't even trust anything you say about covid anymore let alone this.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            President Trump announces FBI has RAIDED Mar-a-Lago

45th President Donald Trump released a statement on Monday saying that the FBI has raided his Florida home. Trump, who spoke at CPAC on Saturday in Dallas, and in Kenosha, Wisc. on Friday, said that his home is "currently under siege, raided, and occupied by a large group of FBI agents."

"These are dark times for our Nation, as my beautiful home, Mar-A-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, is currently under siege, raided, and occupied by a large group of FBI agents," he began. "Nothing like this has ever happened to a President of the United States before."

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaki...ded-mar-a-lago
            On the positive, they didn't appear to tip off CNN so they would just happen to have cameras on scene.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Um, no, he factually did. We've known this since at least February. National Arcades forced his hand and under a law put into place after the Nixon fiasco, obtained multiple boxes documents from his home which he had illegally removed from the White House (including his love letters to Kim Jong Un). A number of the documents were determined to be classified documents. He's a giant hypocrite, which anyone with a working brain should already know.

(this isn't even going into his habit of destroying documents, which similarly violated public records laws)

FWIU, virtually every president has removed and left with stuff that they shouldn't. That has, IIRC, included classified papers that they wanted to use to help write a book.

Never before was a strike force used to raid their home to retrieve it.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

We do?

Are you sure we know? But what if sympathetic ones destroyed evidence, how would we know if they did or not?
                Sure. But he didn't declassify, and removed it while leaving office, with it still classified, along with various other documents, all of which is illegal under the law put into place after Nixon.

Because one isn't usually charged immediately when an investigation is going on to obtain more information on potentially larger lawbreaking. This raid being likely the culmination of that.

But then by your logic, Hillary is innocent because she wasn't charged on anything and hasn't been for years. Right?

Trust you? You're a Putin bootlicker and a Trump cultist, I can't even trust anything you say about covid anymore let alone this.
                You appear more intent on trolling than having a good faith discussion.

Comment

There's nothing inherently wrong with executing a search warrant on a former president, provided it is done for legitimate purposes.

Trump has definitely worked hard to provide grounds for a reasonable person to at least suspect that there are legitimate purposes behind the raid. He has never shied away from pushing "legality" to it's breaking point, meaning that others can reasonably think he's gone beyond there.

This really is a wait and see when it comes to the facts.

On the other hand, democrats cheering this should also remember that this is setting a precedent they may not cheer when they next find themselves out of power.

Comment

Trump has been investigated with a fine-tooth comb for years and nothing actionable has ever been uncovered. Even his personal lawyer turned on him to save his hide and the deep state still got nothing. This is more of the same; a witch hunt.

The globalists running the country are terrified that Trump may get back into office, and this is a desperate move by them in an attempt to prevent it. Hunter can sell secrets to China and Hillary can keep classified documents on her email server without repercussions, but the pretense here is a former president didn't turn everything in when he left office? PuH-LEEZ.

Scary times we are living in.

Comment

Because FOIA exists, as do trials.
                      The FBI are claiming it has something to do with the mishandling of classified documents, so they won't release any actual information because it is "classified". Gee I wonder why they didn't act this way when Hillary was accused of mishandling classified information?

While I agree that if Trump did do something illegal he should be held responsible, I also think the timing of this is highly suspicious. Also if he did mishandle classified information then he should be treated just like Hillary, and they should say "no reasonable prosecutor would proceed with this case"

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                        There's nothing inherently wrong with executing a search warrant on a former president, provided it is done for legitimate purposes.

Trump has definitely worked hard to provide grounds for a reasonable person to at least suspect that there are legitimate purposes behind the raid. He has never shied away from pushing "legality" to it's breaking point, meaning that others can reasonably think he's gone beyond there.

This really is a wait and see when it comes to the facts.

On the other hand, democrats cheering this should also remember that this is setting a precedent they may not cheer when they next find themselves out of power.
                        A SWAT Team intercepting the car taking old Joe back to Delaware in 2024 (presuming he lasts that long) to nab Hunter if he's with him with a Fox news helicopter[1] coincidentally hoovering above to film it?

1. I don't think any news channel has their own helicopter but instead rely on the locals.

Comment

The FBI is a U.S. version of the Russian “State Police”; and the FBI is deployed - almost exclusively- to attack domestic enemies of those who control government, while they protect the interests of the U.S. Fourth Branch of Government. That is the clear and accurate domestic prism to contextualize their perceived mission: “domestic violent extremists pose the greatest threat” to their objective.

Put another way, “We The People”, who fight against government abuse and usurpation, are the FBI’s actual and literal enemy.

Let me be very clear with another brutally obvious example. Antifa could not exist as an organization, capable to organize and carry out violent attacks against their targets, without the full support of the FBI. If the FBI wanted to arrest members of Antifa, who are actually conducting violence, they could do it easily – with little effort.

It is the absence of any action by the FBI toward Antifa, that tells us the FBI is enabling that violent extremist behavior to continue. Once you accept that transparent point of truth, then, you realize the FBI definition of domestic violent extremism is something else entirely.

The FBI is not a law enforcement or investigative division of the U.S. Department of Justice. The FBI is a political weapon of a larger institution that is now focused almost entirely toward supporting a radical communist agenda to destroy civil society in the United States.

The current mission of the FBI is to facilitate, preserve and protect the administration of Joe Biden. Anyone who continues to push the fraudulent “honorable FBI rank and file talking point”, is, at this point in history, willfully and purposefully operating to deceive the American people on behalf of government interests who are intent on destroying us.

It is not a difference of opinion any longer. Personally, I have lost the ability to sit comfortably or intellectually with anyone who pushes or accepts the ‘mistakes are made’ nonsense. The FBI is not making mistakes, they are doing well what is important to them.

To me, it comes down to a simple matter of accepting what is continually staring us in the face.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ing-attention/

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            FWIU, virtually every president has removed and left with stuff that they shouldn't. That has, IIRC, included classified papers that they wanted to use to help write a book.

Never before was a strike force used to raid their home to retrieve it.
                            Source?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

The FBI are claiming it has something to do with the mishandling of classified documents, so they won't release any actual information because it is "classified".
                              We don't need to obtain the precise word-for-word information contained in the documents to know what they are.
                              Gee I wonder why they didn't act this way when Hillary was accused of mishandling classified information?

While I agree that if Trump did do something illegal he should be held responsible, I also think the timing of this is highly suspicious.
                              Maybe if it was like a month or two before November 2024 I'd agree with you......

Also if he did mishandle classified information then he should be treated just like Hillary, and they should say "no reasonable prosecutor would proceed with this case"
                              Nah, he should be locked up just like he demanded be done with Hillary (and then did absolutely nothing about when elected - funny how you guys forget that part) and like should have been done with Hillary if he'd actually cared about that as anything more than a campaign slogan that fired up his cult.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                                Trump has been investigated with a fine-tooth comb for years and nothing actionable has ever been uncovered. Even his personal lawyer turned on him to save his hide and the deep state still got nothing. This is more of the same; a witch hunt.

The globalists running the country are terrified that Trump may get back into office, and this is a desperate move by them in an attempt to prevent it. Hunter can sell secrets to China and Hillary can keep classified documents on her email server without repercussions, but the pretense here is a former president didn't turn everything in when he left office? PuH-LEEZ.

Scary times we are living in.
                                Again, that's not an actual argument. "He's been investigated on some things for years that means he didn't do anything while leaving office or in office" is braindead logic.

Comment