Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Stasi Raid Mar-a-Lago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

No, any judge can issue a warrant in his jurisdiction. If they actually were required to get a magistrate that's even worse for your case.
    Then I'm unsure what your issue is.

Sure looked like evening on the video I saw. Definitely had way more vehicles than needed ESPECIALLY for a magistrate issued warrant.
    The evening video was police there to deal with your fellow trump cultists who came to protest. The warrant was executed during the day, which I'm sure you'll find something to complain about there as well.
    I saw about seven or eight on the video but I didn't count. It was more than the one a magistrate's warrant should have required. I've seen criminal warrants executed with a LOT less fanfare than that.
    See above, you're talking out your bum.
    I presume the word was 'complain'. No, it's not a complaint - the FBI is out of control. I suspect it's trying to save its own hide since Trump is unlikely to make the same cabinet mistakes in a second term.

Overview: Magistrates
    They're 'out of control' for executing a legal warrant based on Trump's illegal handling of documents, including classified ones? You really are a cultist.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
      Ok, I just got here and am at the top of Page 14. I don't want to read clear to the end before asking this.

On Fox News yesterday, at least two people -- Harold Ford and Gerry Rivers -- said Bad Orange Man could clear up a lot of things by just publishing a copy of the search warrant. Today I heard that they can't do that, because they were *shown* the warrant, but not allowed to keep or copy it.

Is there any confirmation of this?
      I've read that, too. They also refused to let Trump's lawyers observe the agents' actions, and they didn't produce a list of what items were taken. I've also read about their insistence that the security cameras be deactivated so that there would be no record of their activity.

It's all so very sketchy.
      Last edited by Mountain Man; 08-10-2022, 08:33 PM.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
        Hannity is going to interview Peter Navarro. I don't know what to expect.

Also, in the opening Seanologue, he said that the raiders demanded that the Mar-a-Lago staff deactivate all security cameras. Whether they agreed to do so or not, they apparently *actually* did NOT do so, and now, per Sean, the FBI is "desperately" trying to get the footage.
        If they were allowed to keep the security cameras rolling, then at most the FBI requested that they turn them off. But probably not even that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I've read that, too. They also refused to let Trump's lawyers observe the agents' actions,
          They're not required to, especialyl if those lawyers do not have classified security clearance, as classified documents were likely to be involved.

and they didn't produce a list of what items were taken.
          I've seen no evidence for this claim other than your claim.

I've also read about their insistence that the security cameras be deactivated so that there would be no record of their activity.

It's all so very sketchy.
          Again, thus far I've seen you, Hannity, and Eric (the least loved son)Trump make this claim, yet supposedly the cameras still ran, so there isn't a whole lot of credence to this claim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
            Something to think about.

This isn't just about Trump's possession of documents that belong to the National Archives. Or even just the fact that a number were classified.

It's also about his damaging+destruction of the documents, and the handling of those classified documents. Where were the classified documents stored in his home/hotel? Who had access? Was it only Trump? Was it staff of Trump? Did they have clearance for classified documents? How were the documents storedin the room? Were they secured? Sitting in boxes?

This is a hotel and resort - do hotel staff have the ability to make keys to the room and access it for cleaning or maintenance? Did they? Are there records of who entered the room? Were there cameras in the room? Who had access to the cameras and footage if any if the documents were exposed to the camera?

And how were the documents transported there in the first place? In secured bags/envelopes with a chain of custody list? Just sitting in boxes? If the latter then who had access to the boxes during transit?
            So according to his lawyer, 12 boxes were removed from the basement storage area of the resort. Was this where he was storing those other 15 boxes that he 'returned'? Sounding super sketchy as far as handling and safely storing classified materials goes. EDIT: that appears to to be the case, the 15 boxes were stored in the same place and apparently didn't even have a lock on them until a meeting with investigators in June who expressed concern over that:
            In June, Bobb said, she and Trump lawyer Evan Corcoran met with Jay Bratt, the chief of the counterintelligence and export control section at the Justice Department, along with several investigators. Trump stopped by the meeting as it began, to greet the investigators, but was not interviewed. The lawyers showed the federal officials the boxes, and Bratt and the others spent some time looking through the material.

Bobb said the Justice Department officials commented that they did not believe the storage unit was properly secured, so Trump officials added a lock to the facility. When FBI agents searched the property Monday, Bobb added, they broke through the lock that had been added to the door.
            Even more interesting, apparently surveillance videos of the resort were subpoenaed earlier. I wonder what they saw, and if that's what led to this warrant.
            https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/09/polit...rch/index.html
            As part of the FBI investigation, Justice Department investigators previously subpoenaed the Trump Organization for a copy of Mar-a-Lago's surveillance tapes, a source familiar with the situation told CNN. The organization complied with the subpoena, which was first reported by The New York Times, and handed over the Mar-a-Lago surveillance tapes to investigators, the source said.
            Oh, and despite Trump's claim that the warrant execution was 'unannounced', the Secret Service was notified an hour before the warrant was served, and was given time to verify it - just one more of the many lies of Donald Trump.
            Last edited by Gondwanaland; 08-10-2022, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
              No other President in history has been accused of taking Classified and Secret documents home after their Presidency is over.
              No other President in history has been hounded to death from even before he became POTUS, throughout his term, and continuing thereafter.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Trump seemed incapable of understanding that as president, anything whatsoever to do with the job is not just yours but also federal property. That includes the correspondences with Obama and the little gargoyle up in North Korea. By all accounts he had a tendency to tear up his notes after meetings which might be fine when running a business but not as POTUS.

FWIU, one of the rationales was someone feared he would destroy more documents.
                He was apparently storing the classified documents in basement storage without a lock:
                In June, Bobb said, she and Trump lawyer Evan Corcoran met with Jay Bratt, the chief of the counterintelligence and export control section at the Justice Department, along with several investigators. Trump stopped by the meeting as it began, to greet the investigators, but was not interviewed. The lawyers showed the federal officials the boxes, and Bratt and the others spent some time looking through the material.

Bobb said the Justice Department officials commented that they did not believe the storage unit was properly secured, so Trump officials added a lock to the facility. When FBI agents searched the property Monday, Bobb added, they broke through the lock that had been added to the door.

Last edited by Gondwanaland; 08-10-2022, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

I do this for a living and have done so for well over 2 decades. I take classified data handling and protection VERY seriously. Like I said, no one has played by the rules of behavior they signed before they got access to classified documents. Hillary blatantly broke the law and should have received 2-10 years and a $10K fine for her irresponsible mishandling of classified data. I was on record citing the regs she broke. I was mocked by the leftists here even though I am a recognized authority in this field. Comey made an ass of himself and set those of us in the field up by creating a hypocritical enforcement mechanism for the "elite".

In my professional opinion, if Trump removed classified data from the WH's classified space into an unclassified space at Mar a Lago, then he too needs to be in prison.
                  Not just an unclassified space, but apparently one without a lock, until June when investigators from the Justice Department came by and expressed concerns about the storage not being secured:
                  https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022...ar-a-lago.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

No other President in history has been hounded to death from even before he became POTUS, throughout his term, and continuing thereafter.

No other President in history has taken classified documents home after leaving office and then stored them in a basement storage unit in the basement of one of the most-visited-by-foreigners-and-potential-spies resorts without a lock. Sad to see this post, I was holding out a little hope you'd use your noggin.

Comment

No other President in history has taken classified documents home after leaving office and then stored them in a basement storage unit in the basement of one of the most-visited-by-foreigners-and-potential-spies resorts without a lock. Sad to see this post, I was holding out a little hope you'd use your noggin.
                      How do we know that? And the insult isn't really necessary.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                        Trump Pleads the Fifth During Deposition in New York Probe Into His Business Practices

Former President Donald Trump said he declined to answer questions during a deposition on Aug. 10 in the New York investigation into his business.

“I once asked, ‘If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?’ Now I know the answer to that question,” Trump said on Truth Social after meeting with New York Attorney General Letitia James.

“When your family, your company, and all the people in your orbit have become the targets of an unfounded, politically motivated Witch Hunt supported by lawyers, prosecutors, and the Fake News Media, you have no choice,” he added.

The Fifth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution says in part that no person “shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself.”

The deposition came after months of delay following a judge’s order in February.

James, a Democrat who vowed while campaigning to take action against Trump if she won the election, began investigating the Trump Organization shortly after she entered office in 2019.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/trump-...=BonginoReport
                        Huh, someone very wise once said something about Taking the 5th...... now what was it......

Oh, right:

“You see the mob takes the Fifth.”
                        - Donald John Trump

“If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”
                        -Donald John Trump

Comment

How do we know that? And the insult isn't really necessary.
                          Nor was the shilling for Trump.

How do we know what? That he took home classified documents that belong to the National Archives? Or that he stored them without a lock?

National Archives and investigators for the first. His own lawyer for the second.

Comment

Nor was the shilling for Trump.

How do we know what? That he took home classified documents that belong to the National Archives? Or that he stored them without a lock?

National Archives and investigators for the first. His own lawyer for the second.
                            No, how do we know that nobody else ever did. Try to keep up.

Comment

Then I'm unsure what your issue is.

The evening video was police there to deal with your fellow trump cultists who came to protest. The warrant was executed during the day, which I'm sure you'll find something to complain about there as well.

See above, you're talking out your bum.

They're 'out of control' for executing a legal warrant based on Trump's illegal handling of documents, including classified ones? You really are a cultist.
                              For Teallaura
                              Originally posted by https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/08/donald-trump-says-the-fbi-raided-his-home-at-mar-a-lago.html
                              The court-ordered search of Mar-a-Lago began at 9 a.m. on Monday morning.

Comment

No, how do we know that nobody else ever did. Try to keep up.
                                Fair enough: they very well could have before Nixon. Not after, or we would have seen this same thing happen to them.

Comment