Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Stasi Raid Mar-a-Lago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Actually violence is the modus operandi of the left, or did you forget a year and a half of cities being burned and looted? We have a long way to go to catch up with that...
    I clearly acknowledge that the extreme left advocates the use of violence,, but that does not address the fact that the January 6 violence is openly tolerated by many Republicans,

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if the democrat are TRYING to instigate another Jan 6 riot by doing crap like this so they can point at conservatives and call them "terrorists"

This sort of crap seems designed to pick a fight with Trump supporters.
      No need for TRYING to instigate it from the Republican perspective, because they openly advocate it. It is consistently ignored that this legal action was carried out by Judges and the Justice Department, including Trump appointees without the knowledge of the Biden administration.
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

I clearly acknowledge that the extreme left advocates the use of violence,, but that does not address the fact that the January 6 violence is openly tolerated by many Republicans,
        And the riots were not openly tolerated by many Democrats? Don't be a hypocrite. The facts is the left has done much more physical damage to this country.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

No need for TRYING to instigate it from the Republican perspective, because they openly advocate it. It is consistently ignored that this legal action was carried out by Judges and the Justice Department, including Trump appointees without the knowledge of the Biden administration.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

...corresponds with the facts.

What else would you have him done?
            With what facts?

I'm still wondering what an indirect connection to Epstein in the Judge's case has to do with anything (especially with Trump's direct connection).

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the democrat are TRYING to instigate another Jan 6 riot by doing crap like this so they can point at conservatives and call them "terrorists"

This sort of crap seems designed to pick a fight with Trump supporters.
              Sorry but this is literally nuts. The legal system should not have to tiptoe around Trump because his supporters might be violent. That's not how this country works. You sound like the folks that were all gleeful over BLM riots.
              Last edited by Gondwanaland; 08-10-2022, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• Press Statements in Response to Media Queries About Presidential Records
                Media Alert · Monday, February 14, 2022
                Washington, DC

In response to recent media reports that generated a large number of queries about Trump Presidential records, we issued the following statements to the media:

January 31, 2022, statement
                Some of the Trump presidential records received by the National Archives and Records Administration included paper records that had been torn up by former President Trump. As has been reported in the press since 2018, White House records management officials during the Trump Administration recovered and taped together some of the torn-up records. These were turned over to the National Archives at the end of the Trump Administration, along with a number of torn-up records that had not been reconstructed by the White House. The Presidential Records Act requires that all records created by presidents be turned over to the National Archives at the end of their administrations.

February 7, 2022, statement
                In mid-January 2022, NARA arranged for the transport from the Trump Mar-a-Lago property in Florida to the National Archives of 15 boxes that contained Presidential records, following discussions with President Trump’s representatives in 2021. Former President Trump’s representatives have informed NARA that they are continuing to search for additional Presidential records that belong to the National Archives.

As required by the Presidential Records Act (PRA), these records should have been transferred to NARA from the White House at the end of the Trump Administration in January 2021.

“The Presidential Records Act mandates that all Presidential records must be properly preserved by each Administration so that a complete set of Presidential records is transferred to the National Archives at the end of the Administration,” said Archivist of the United States David S. Ferriero. “NARA pursues the return of records whenever we learn that records have been improperly removed or have not been appropriately transferred to official accounts.”

Ferriero further stressed the importance of adherence to the PRA by all Presidents.

“The Presidential Records Act is critical to our democracy, in which the government is held accountable by the people,” Ferriero said. “Whether through the creation of adequate and proper documentation, sound records management practices, the preservation of records, or the timely transfer of them to the National Archives at the end of an Administration, there should be no question as to need for both diligence and vigilance. Records matter.”

February 8, 2022, statement
                Throughout the course of the last year, NARA obtained the cooperation of Trump representatives to locate Presidential records that had not been transferred to the National Archives at the end of the Trump administration. When a representative informed NARA in December 2021 that they had located some records, NARA arranged for them to be securely transported to Washington. NARA officials did not visit or "raid" the Mar-a-Lago property.

# # #

Trump picked a fight with the wrong librarian.

That’s what it comes down to. After a year of trying to pry back the records they knew he’d taken, the Archivist got back 15 boxes assembled by Trump representatives. If the delay wasn’t enough, the records were damaged and torn and incomplete. So Ferriero called in the Justice Department to get the rest of the books back, noting that some of them were classified. More delays ensued. Six months later and about a week shy of the Justice Department going dark on anything political for the 90 days preceding the midterms, the FBI made a visit to collect the overdue books.

Cue the MAGA crowd assembling with threats of violence outside of Mar a Lago. Have fun storming that castle, kids.

I live for unwitting irony.

Comment

• Originally posted by Machinist View Post

Is this grounds for an FBI raid though? That's the question. Let's say he did carry some classified documents home with him, and they are found in those boxes. What's the penalty? Fines? Barring him from running for office again? That doesn't sound like it would warrant a full on armed FBI raid. They raided his home like they would raid a drug kingpin.
                  Yes, it is. It's quite serious. Potentially involving even violations of the Espionage Act.

Comment

You ignore that not only did many Democrats tolerate the months of violence that the left brought to our cities but some even promoted and supported it.

Or perhaps you have forgotten how, for example, Kamala Harris was declaring well after the protests had devolved into months long violent riots

"But they’re not going to stop. They’re not going to stop. They’re not. This is a movement. I’m telling you. They’re not going to stop, and everyone, beware. Because they’re not going to stop. They’re not going to stop before election day in November, and they are not going to stop after election day. And everyone should take note of that on both levels. That they’re not going to let up. And they should not, and we should not."

She told the American public to "beware" and that the rioters shouldn't stop. This was long after they started burning police precincts down after trapping the police inside who sent texts to family and friends saying they loved them because they figured they were going to die.

She wouldn't even say anything to denounce the violence until THREE MONTHS LATER -- on August 27th. Politifact, right after providing the quote, actually had the temerity to claim that her eventual denunciation was "proof" that she only supported peaceful demonstrations:

In a speech on Aug. 27, Harris said she supported peaceful protesters.

"We should not confuse them with those looting and committing acts of violence," she said.

That wasn't even a tepid rejection. It was darn near ice cold and most likely only the result of Biden's keepers twisting her arm to even get that much from her.

And let's also not forget while she was refusing to denounce the violence she was soliciting money from people[1] so that those arrested for rioting in Minneapolis (they weren't arresting anyone for merely protesting you had to really work at getting arrested after the Floyd tragedy) could be bailed out of jail -- including someone who was arrested for and charged with attempting to murder a police officer.

Supporting the violence and telling Americans it shouldn't stop.

Refusing to denounce the violence for over three months and then doing so in a tepid manner.

And helping to bail out rioters.

This was by several orders of magnitude worse than anything Trump did. So I assume you are now in favor of her immediate impeachment, right? Right?

Finally, in stark contrast, on January 6 (the day of the D.C. riot), Trump was immediately declaring "I am asking for everyone at the U.S. Capitol to remain peaceful. No violence! Remember, WE are the Party of Law & Order – respect the Law and our great men and women in Blue" before they shut down his Twitter account. The last thing he'd want is a riot which is obviously counter-productive as he even pointed out in a video saying that "we can’t play into the hands of these people" as well as "we have to have peace."

If he was like Harris it wouldn't be until April before he issued a response against violence.

1. liberal politicians like her don't spend their own money, instead they spend other people's money, and if you complain then YOU'RE being greedy
                    Last edited by rogue06; 08-10-2022, 08:08 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                      Press Statements in Response to Media Queries About Presidential Records
                      Media Alert · Monday, February 14, 2022
                      Washington, DC

In response to recent media reports that generated a large number of queries about Trump Presidential records, we issued the following statements to the media:

January 31, 2022, statement
                      Some of the Trump presidential records received by the National Archives and Records Administration included paper records that had been torn up by former President Trump. As has been reported in the press since 2018, White House records management officials during the Trump Administration recovered and taped together some of the torn-up records. These were turned over to the National Archives at the end of the Trump Administration, along with a number of torn-up records that had not been reconstructed by the White House. The Presidential Records Act requires that all records created by presidents be turned over to the National Archives at the end of their administrations.

February 7, 2022, statement
                      In mid-January 2022, NARA arranged for the transport from the Trump Mar-a-Lago property in Florida to the National Archives of 15 boxes that contained Presidential records, following discussions with President Trump’s representatives in 2021. Former President Trump’s representatives have informed NARA that they are continuing to search for additional Presidential records that belong to the National Archives.

As required by the Presidential Records Act (PRA), these records should have been transferred to NARA from the White House at the end of the Trump Administration in January 2021.

“The Presidential Records Act mandates that all Presidential records must be properly preserved by each Administration so that a complete set of Presidential records is transferred to the National Archives at the end of the Administration,” said Archivist of the United States David S. Ferriero. “NARA pursues the return of records whenever we learn that records have been improperly removed or have not been appropriately transferred to official accounts.”

Ferriero further stressed the importance of adherence to the PRA by all Presidents.

“The Presidential Records Act is critical to our democracy, in which the government is held accountable by the people,” Ferriero said. “Whether through the creation of adequate and proper documentation, sound records management practices, the preservation of records, or the timely transfer of them to the National Archives at the end of an Administration, there should be no question as to need for both diligence and vigilance. Records matter.”

February 8, 2022, statement
                      Throughout the course of the last year, NARA obtained the cooperation of Trump representatives to locate Presidential records that had not been transferred to the National Archives at the end of the Trump administration. When a representative informed NARA in December 2021 that they had located some records, NARA arranged for them to be securely transported to Washington. NARA officials did not visit or "raid" the Mar-a-Lago property.

# # #

Trump picked a fight with the wrong librarian.

That’s what it comes down to. After a year of trying to pry back the records they knew he’d taken, the Archivist got back 15 boxes assembled by Trump representatives. If the delay wasn’t enough, the records were damaged and torn and incomplete. So Ferriero called in the Justice Department to get the rest of the books back, noting that some of them were classified. More delays ensued. Six months later and about a week shy of the Justice Department going dark on anything political for the 90 days preceding the midterms, the FBI made a visit to collect the overdue books.

Cue the MAGA crowd assembling with threats of violence outside of Mar a Lago. Have fun storming that castle, kids.

I live for unwitting irony.
                      The real irony is how Trump kept excoriating Hillary over her likely illegal servers and turned out to be just as sloppy.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Not to mention they didn't need to surround the place with dozens of police cars to do a simple search warrant. One car with a van to transport the material would be enough. This was all for show.
                        All the reports I’ve seen show the warrant was served low key, with the FBI not even bothering to put on their pretty blue FBI-stenciled jackets. Are you sure you’re not mistaking images of the cops surrounding Mar a Lago after the MAGA nuts showed up, hours after the FBI left?

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

And the riots were not openly tolerated by many Democrats? Don't be a hypocrite. The facts is the left has done much more physical damage to this country.
                          I reject the advocate of violence by both sides, but your being the overwhelming hypocrite justifying violence over actions taken by the Judges and the Justice Department including Trump appointees.

This is advocating treason and rebellion against the USA similar to those that advocated violence concerning of the 2020 election fraud rejected by the entire Court and Justice Department in the whole nation.

At present there ,is absolutely no evidence that the Administration nor Congress is remotely involved.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            The real irony is how Trump kept excoriating Hillary over her likely illegal servers and turned out to be just as sloppy.
                            “Just as sloppy”?

Give the guy his due.

Nobody was sloppier than Trump! He knew more about being sloppy than any slob on Earth! Some people say he was sloppier than than any slob in the history of mankind!

Make America Sloppy Again!

Comment

• Originally posted by Machinist View Post

Is this grounds for an FBI raid though? That's the question. Let's say he did carry some classified documents home with him, and they are found in those boxes. What's the penalty? Fines? Barring him from running for office again? That doesn't sound like it would warrant a full on armed FBI raid. They raided his home like they would raid a drug kingpin.
                              It is a Crime against the USA to have Classified documents illegally in your possession regardless.

Source: https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=E211US1494G0&p=Punshment+for+illegally+possessing+Classified+and+Secret+US+government+documents

18 U.S. Code § 1924 - Unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents or material

Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than five years, or both.(b)
                              For purposes of this section, the provision of documents and materials to the Congress shall not constitute an offense under subsection (a).
                              (c)
                              In this section, the term “classified information of the United States” means information originated, owned, or possessed by the United States Government concerning the national defense or foreign relations of the United States that has been determined pursuant to law or Executive order to require protection against unauthorized disclosure in the interests of national security.
                              (Added Pub. L. 103–359, title VIII, § 808(a), Oct. 14, 1994, 108 Stat. 3453; amended Pub. L. 107–273, div. B, title IV, § 4002(d)(1)(C)(i), Nov. 2, 2002, 116 Stat. 1809; Pub. L. 115–118, title II, § 202, Jan. 19, 2018, 132 Stat. 19.)

© Copyright Original Source

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

“Just as sloppy”?

Give the guy his due.

Nobody was sloppier than Trump! He knew more about being sloppy than any slob on Earth! Some people say he was sloppier than than any slob in the history of mankind!

Make America Sloppy Again!
                                In fairness, "sloppy" wouldn't normally be what I would use to describe Hillary's actions regarding her server, deleting emails and my personal favorite, instructing staffers on how to remove classified headers from documents so that nobody will notice that classified material is being illegally sent on unsecured emails.

Both had at best a casual disregard for official government documents.

Comment