Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Stasi Raid Mar-a-Lago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

So all it took to make conservatives join the Defund the Police movement was to threaten their cult leader.
    I've never been *as* pro-cop as most conservatives. I switched my Fartbook background image from "Blue Lives Matter" to a Canadian "Freedom" -themed one during the lockdowns. I've been (sporadically, I admit) calling for defunding the police since around the time they started shutting down churches.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Ah yes they should have.... what.... gone and knocked and asked "pretty please can we come in and search for stolen documents? Hey, we'll even give you a few hours to get things in order and then we'll come in quietly and do a quick search"
      Yes.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

If you can pull your own head out of your own Edited by a Moderator long enough to read this: I got it where everyone else probably did -- common knowledge, as well as sources like Turley on one of his TV interviews. It's common for departing POTUSes to take documents that turn out to be "disputable." It's not common for it to turn into such a fiasco.
        Bahahaha, Turley? And where is his evidence?

And no, it is not 'common' for classified documents to be removed from the White House by a departing president. Hasn't been since Nixon (nice poetry, the raid happening on the anniversary of Nixon's resignation)
        Last edited by Sparko; 08-10-2022, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It's political theater.
          Nope, nuh-uh, nosiree, it was total coinkydink that it was on the anniversary of Tricky Dick's resignation.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• I've not seen such a swarm of activity since I accidentally stepped on a fireant hill in Florida last year. The Trump Cultists are out in a manic fury, absolutely terrified for their leader.

Comment

So all it took to make conservatives join the Defund the Police movement was to threaten their cult leader.
              Mark Levin I can't speak for, but that's not true in the case of Crowder. It's not about Trump, at least not to all conservatives, maybe even not to most. It's the bigger picture -- i.e what we saw in the last 6 years with the FBI and the two-tiered justice system. Crowder even explicitly stated this and gave a list of examples of that double standard.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Yes.
                What a crackhead.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

Mark Levin I can't speak for, but that's not true in the case of Crowder. It's not about Trump, at least not to all conservatives, maybe even not to most. It's the bigger picture -- i.e what we saw in the last 6 years with the FBI and the two-tiered justice system. Crowder even explicitly stated this and gave a list of examples of that double standard.
                  Crowder has spent the last two years screeching against defund the police, so yeah, he does indeed have a double standard.

Comment

Crowder has spent the last two years screeching against defund the police, so yeah, he does indeed have a double standard.
                    It's not at all the same thing. But whatever, Gond. You'd made perfectly clear to everyone here how much of a disingenuous troll you are.

Comment

I've not seen such a swarm of activity since I accidentally stepped on a fireant hill in Florida last year. The Trump Cultists are out in a manic fury, absolutely terrified for their leader.
                      So you don't see any possibility that this raid was politically motivated? That the FBI has been weaponized to go after political foes? The fact that the FBI has had Hunter's laptop for years (I assume they still have it - it appears to have disappeared) and no investigation into its myriad evidence that might implicate "the big guy", but they see fit to raid a former president's home? You think this is all about Trump and not about the corruption and abuse of power going on in DC? You surprise me.

Comment

It's not at all the same thing. But whatever, Gond. You'd made perfectly clear to everyone here how much of a disingenuous troll you are.
                        Yes, it is the same thing. He's against defunding the police until those police attack his precious buddy Trump. That's about the right level of hypocrisy I expect from Crowder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

So you don't see any possibility that this raid was politically motivated?
                          Sure. There's a possibility. But we know for a fact that Trump took documents and mishandled classified materials that he had no legal right taking. And that the raid is related to that and that the warrant passed every legal requirement. So I think it's a more likely possibility that was the cause of this.

Frankly if it were politically motivated I'd expect to see it at the very least much closer to the midterms if not the 2024 elections.

That the FBI has been weaponized to go after political foes?
                          I'm old enough to remember when Hillary and her supporters were making the same claim: https://politicalwire.com/2016/11/03...-is-trumpland/

The fact that the FBI has had Hunter's laptop for years (I assume they still have it - it appears to have disappeared) and no investigation into its myriad evidence that might implicate "the big guy", but they see fit to raid a former president's home? You think this is all about Trump and not about the corruption and abuse of power going on in DC? You surprise me.
                          All I'll say to Trump and to those all upset about this, is what his spokesperson/press secratary said not too many years ago:
                          “When you're attacking FBI agents because you're under criminal investigation, you're losing” - Sarah Huckabee Sanders, 2016

Last edited by Gondwanaland; 08-09-2022, 07:12 PM.

Comment

The FBI aren't the police.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

If they can do it to a former president, then they can do it to any of us.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Sure. There's a possibility. But we know for a fact that Trump took documents and mishandled classified materials that he had no legal right taking. And that the raid is related to that and that the warrant passed every legal requirement. So I think it's a more likely possibility that was the cause of this.
                                I don't know that as a fact. Who said so? Mueller? Garland?

Frankly if it were politically motivated I'd expect to see it at the very least much closer to the midterms if not the 2024 elections.
                                J6 theater is wrapping up and nothing to show for it. So this smacks of desperation to me, that they went fishing and hoping to find something to convict Trump with so he would be ineligible to run in 2024. I hear the safe they broke into was empty, so I guess they will move onto Plan C now.

I'm old enough to remember when Hillary and her supporters were making the same claim: https://politicalwire.com/2016/11/03...-is-trumpland/

All I'll say to Trump and to those all upset about this, is what his spokesperson/press secratary said not too many years ago:
                                “When you're attacking FBI agents because you're under criminal investigation, you're losing” - Sarah Huckabee Sanders, 2016
                                I wouldn't frame that quote and hang it on my wall. The same fluff could be said about the ATF raiding homes, taking weapons and arresting citizens for exercising their constitutional rights. The FBI is no better.

Comment