Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden and the case of the Phantom Ice Cream Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Biden and the case of the Phantom Ice Cream Truck

Not sure if any of you have heard about this but last September, while "Dr." Jill was delivering a speech before some Middle School about the pandemic, old Joe just turned around and beat a hasty retreat. Very little was said about it at the time because the MSM was still dutifully protecting him as much as they could.

But then someone edited the clip by adding the sound of an ice cream truck moments before old Joe turns around and scoots off (as much as a nearly 80 year old can be expected to scoot off).

Basically, in real life, Biden mysteriously walked away from his wife's speech and in this video of it an ice cream truck driving by is used to "explain" his actions.

While that got a fair number of views it got far more views after Reuters fact checked it nearly a year later.

Yup. They fact checked a clearly edited video of old Joe getting distracted by an ice cream truck.

The left is back to fact checking obvious spoofs again.

You would think they would have learned after Snopes kept "fact checking" the Babylon Bee[1] and were rightfully mocked for doing so.

Reuters can now proudly say that they got a fact check correct. The obviously altered video had indeed been "digitally edited."

Can't get anything by Reuters.

And while Reuters getting ridiculed for their digging up a video like that to "fact check" what is getting overlooked is how the only time Reuters ever seems interested in doing fact-checks regarding old Joe is when they are rushing to his defense.

Media Research Center went back through Reuters fact checks and noticed the trend of ones defending Biden as compared to few if any checking statements by him or his team. For the last month was apparently typical

-- July 29: The Atlantic did not not publish a headline on ‘the quiet courage’ of Biden’s economy

-- July 28: Biden did not sign a “Drag Queen Initiative” that would outlaw “publicly criticizing pedophiles.”

-- July 25: Image purporting to show Trump statement mocking Biden’s COVID-19 diagnosis is fabricated

-- July 14: Derogatory "F ​ Joe Biden" chanting digitally added to video of Biden at news conference.

-- July 11: The Atlantic never published a piece titled "Leave Hunter Alone."

-- July 11: Sylvester Stallone was not photographed wearing an "FU 46" T-shirt.

-- July 8: Biden didn't put a Medal of Honor backwards on a Vietnam War veteran at the White House.

Here is the altered video which appears to have had its image scrambled, or at least I can't see it

And another posted by someone else

A screen capture if they don't work

Notice the realistic ice cream truck that warranted being fact checked

Further, the actual unedited version is considerably worse than the spoof.

Joe still shows he still can't leave his paws off of people after being told how many times that just is NOT cool. And in spite of wearing a mask, you can tell that the person pawed by the duffer was quite entertained by the duffers impromptu sudden exit.

Why I say it is worse is that folks would understand if he was hungry and went off to stop the ice cream truck (it sounded like his wife was winding down the speech anyways), compared to wondering what possibly could have got him to turn around and wander off like grandpa who everyone has to keep an eye on or he'll end up lost.

And finally, the ice cream truck wasn't the only spoof so Reuters still has some work to do

1. IIRC, it was the WaPo that got raked over the coals for "fact-checking" Saturday Night Live for a skit. The finally got up the nerve to tease the Obamessiah and the WaPo acted like a pissed off Greta Thunberg: "How Dare You!"
    Last edited by rogue06; 08-07-2022, 12:48 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Reuters "fact checked" a cartoon ice cream truck driving behind Biden on a sidewalk? Wow. Amazing investigative journalism.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      Reuters "fact checked" a cartoon ice cream truck driving behind Biden on a sidewalk? Wow. Amazing investigative journalism.
      Were you able to see any of those videos of the spoof?

All I get is

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Saw both of them. I didn't see the still images you posted, though.

Why DID Joe wander away? I didn't see him pawing anybody?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

All I get is
          Yeah, I could see it. Funny.

Comment

All I get is

Okay, this from Sky News Australia has the spoof starting 24 seconds in so if, like me, you get a scrambled image (I checked two other YouTube channels with it and they too weren't watchable)

rogues find ways

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I don't believe it was ever explained. It appeared to me that someone off-camera said something to him, and he went to hear what was being said.

To walk out on someone's speech when you're in the audience is considered rude (unless you can sneakily do it). But to do it to your own wife - ON STAGE - is laughable. What a freaking zombie!

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Not in the spoof video, but the unedited one

Comment

I don't believe it was ever explained. It appeared to me that someone off-camera said something to him, and he went to hear what was being said.

To walk out on someone's speech when you're in the audience is considered rude (unless you can sneakily do it). But to do it to your own wife - ON STAGE - is laughable. What a freaking zombie!
                  And it seems like she was reaching the end so was it really something that couldn't wait?

Comment

Not in the spoof video, but the unedited one

Oh, yeah.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

And it seems like she was reaching the end so was it really something that couldn't wait?
                      I think she was just getting started. She took off her mask and began thanking people for the invitation.

In the longer video, Zombie Joe returns to the stage after about 10 seconds. It would have been great if they put a digital ice cream in his hand!

Comment

My understanding was the original check was on a video that merely added in the sound. Still pretty obvious, but at least that has a chance to fool someone as opposed to obvious cartoon truck

Comment

I think she was just getting started. She took off her mask and began thanking people for the invitation.

In the longer video, Zombie Joe returns to the stage after about 10 seconds. It would have been great if they put a digital ice cream in his hand!

And then somehow edited in the scene where he's holding the ice cream with his mask removed. That would have been comic genius.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                            My understanding was the original check was on a video that merely added in the sound. Still pretty obvious, but at least that has a chance to fool someone as opposed to obvious cartoon truck
                            Yeah, that's the version I saw on Gutfeld! last week.

It's almost... I don't know if "funnier" is the word... to see the *real* video, of him just wandering off for no reason.
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

It seems they are increasing by the second too.

Comment