Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden and the case of the Phantom Ice Cream Truck

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    reuters.jpg
    "You should just assume going forward that if I am ever wrong it is a typo" - Backup
    "
    Reality simply does not change based upon consensus or desire." - rogue

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      The article itself looks faked.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Sparko View Post

        The article itself looks faked.
        It is. Just satire.
        "You should just assume going forward that if I am ever wrong it is a typo" - Backup
        "
        Reality simply does not change based upon consensus or desire." - rogue

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Ronson View Post

          It is. Just satire.
          It's getting harder to tell nowadays.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Sparko View Post

            It's getting harder to tell nowadays.
            Is that a comment on the quality of the satire or the fact that it is getting hard to spoof reality when reality is in the Twilight Zone?

            I'm always still in trouble again

            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Is that a comment on the quality of the satire or the fact that it is getting hard to spoof reality when reality is in the Twilight Zone?
              It should show how low Reuters must stoop to explain the bleeding obvious to Leftists. That a US president would wander off stage to follow an ice cream truck is so ridiculous that anyone with an IQ above 80 should know its faked.

              What gets me, is that people reading Reuters generally aren't fools. They needn't be talked down to. The "fact check" should have been presented on SNL or TYT, which is where the fools really hang out.
              "You should just assume going forward that if I am ever wrong it is a typo" - Backup
              "
              Reality simply does not change based upon consensus or desire." - rogue

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Ronson View Post

                It should show how low Reuters must stoop to explain the bleeding obvious to Leftists. That a US president would wander off stage to follow an ice cream truck is so ridiculous that anyone with an IQ above 80 should know its faked.

                What gets me, is that people reading Reuters generally aren't fools. They needn't be talked down to. The "fact check" should have been presented on SNL or TYT, which is where the fools really hang out.
                And why, a year later, long after the few people aware of it have likely forgotten it, do they bring attention to it?

                I'm always still in trouble again

                "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  And why, a year later, long after the few people aware of it have likely forgotten it, do they bring attention to it?
                  You know what I'm beginning to think? Someone at Reuters was fooled by it so this is the result. "Hey, it fooled me so others must be as dumb as I am."

                  My wife worked for a dentist who fell for the Nigeria diamond-mine scam. Not a dummy, so anyone can get duped.
                  "You should just assume going forward that if I am ever wrong it is a typo" - Backup
                  "
                  Reality simply does not change based upon consensus or desire." - rogue

                  Comment

                  Related Threads

                  Collapse

                  Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seer, Today, 07:04 PM
                  4 responses
                  17 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seanD
                  by seanD
                   
                  Started by CivilDiscourse, Today, 12:11 PM
                  3 responses
                  29 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Cow Poke  
                  Started by rogue06, Today, 08:07 AM
                  3 responses
                  25 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Sparko
                  by Sparko
                   
                  Started by Gondwanaland, Yesterday, 07:38 PM
                  23 responses
                  106 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post mossrose  
                  Started by rogue06, Yesterday, 10:36 AM
                  21 responses
                  89 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post rogue06
                  by rogue06
                   
                  Working...
                  X