Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Turning Back Transgender "Rights?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump Turning Back Transgender "Rights?"

What rational person ever thought it was a right to use any bathroom, or locker room or shower you chose?

The Trump administration signaled Friday that it was changing course on the previous administration’s efforts to expand transgender rights, submitting a legal brief withdrawing the government’s objections to an injunction that had blocked guidance requiring that transgender students be allowed to use restrooms that match their gender identity.

The move by the Justice Department does not immediately change the situation for the nation’s public schools, as a federal judge had already put a temporary hold on the guidance as a lawsuit by a dozen states moved through the courts.

But it suggests that the Trump administration will take a different approach on the hotly contested issue of transgender rights, which many conservatives thought went too far under the Obama administration.

And how the Trump administration decides to proceed on the particular issue of transgender students and bathroom use would affect several other cases in which students are challenging their school districts’ policies, including one involving Virginia student Gavin Grimm, which is scheduled to be heard by the Supreme Court later this spring.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.69e4f3ee0cc5
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    What rational person ever thought it was a right to use any bathroom, or locker room or shower you chose?
    In order to claim that this is a right, they would have to admit that segregated bathroom have been violating those rights for the last 100 years or so, opening the government up to all sorts of lawsuits.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      In order to claim that this is a right, they would have to admit that segregated bathroom have been violating those rights for the last 100 years or so, opening the government up to all sorts of lawsuits.
      And their new right would be discriminatory if it did not let me, a straight male, use the ladies shower if I so wished.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

And their new right would be discriminatory if it did not let me, a straight male, use the ladies shower if I so wished.
        of course. one of the tenets of the new genderless society is that you can self-identify as whatever gender or gender combination you wish at any time. Today I fee a bit girlish so I will use the girl's bathroom. Tomorrow I might feel more macho and use the men's room. I am guessing soon enough there will not be segregated bathrooms, just public restrooms where anyone can go into.

Comment

of course. one of the tenets of the new genderless society is that you can self-identify as whatever gender or gender combination you wish at any time. Today I fee a bit girlish so I will use the girl's bathroom. Tomorrow I might feel more macho and use the men's room. I am guessing soon enough there will not be segregated bathrooms, just public restrooms where anyone can go into.
          I used to have a trans who worked in the office next to me, and in my state he was allowed to the bathroom of his choice, but he never pushed it because it made the ladies uncomfortable. That was quite gracious of him. BTW - didn't you recently come out as a girl pirate?

Comment

I used to have a trans who worked in the office next to me, and in my state he was allowed to the bathroom of his choice, but he never pushed it because it made the ladies uncomfortable. That was quite gracious of him. BTW - didn't you recently come out as a girl pirate?
            Just to argue abortion with Tassman who seems to think only women have a say-so about it.

Hey I can use that to post in the sorority now!

Comment

Just to argue abortion with Tassman who seems to think only women have a say-so about it.
              Are you sure there is not something you would like to get off your chest, we are very understanding you know!

Comment

Are you sure there is not something you would like to get off your chest, we are very understanding you know!
                My chest? Hey buddy! Eyes up here!

Comment

My chest? Hey buddy! Eyes up here!

Comment

It's getting really hard for me to handle the disjunction. This is the third thing he's done I like. I don't know what to do.
                    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                    Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                      It's getting really hard for me to handle the disjunction. This is the third thing he's done I like. I don't know what to do.
                      Join the Dark Side! Join the Republic(ans)

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                        Drink more Koolaid!

Comment

Hey I can use that to post in the sorority now!
                          http://adam4d.com/progressive-probs/
                          progressive-probs1.jpg
                          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

An interesting story, I'm in a discussion with a number of area women on Face Book concerning abortion. Of course they were all pro choice, I'm pro life. And of course being male I didn't make much impact. Along the way one of the ladies purchased a guinea pig and asked for some advice. I, as a joke, suggested orange sauce with a little parsley, baked at 350 for 40 minutes. You would have thought I committed murder, they got so upset at what I said, the reaction was so out of line. Sad commentary on our society.

Comment

Comment