Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Al-Zawahiri is no more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I would not be at all surprised if the first old Joe became aware of the operation was when he got briefed regarding the results.
    And they probably easily convinced him that he ordered the strike.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Meant to minimize collateral damage I'd assume.
      We spend millions to minimize such damage. And we are the evil ones...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Ten years ago, I probably would have been impressed or glad. Now, I'm just meh. The world has so changed since 9/11 and al-Qaida seems so irrelevant to world events these days. As previously noted, this event just seems to be a convenient distraction to the important events going on.
        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Wait, we just did an attack in Afghanistan? That means that we were right, that leaving Afghanistan in the hands of the Taliban would mean that they would start to harbor terrorists again. Didn't take long either.
          I think what it means is that we didn't need to be in there for 20 years - because we can knock out the baddies from a distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I think what it means is that we didn't need to be in there for 20 years - because we can knock out the baddies from a distance.
            We probably shouldn't have left them a ton of vehicles and weapons either.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              This thing is cool...Slice and dice!

Hellfire R9X missile: The ‘secret weapon’ US used to kill Al-Qaeda chief al-Zawahiri

The Hellfire R9X is a ‘secret missile’ specially designed and developed by the United States to carry out pinpoint airstrikes, reports the Wall Street Journal.

This modified version of the well-known Hellfire missile kills its targets by deploying flying blades.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/tr...i-8937621.html

FZHh_veWYAEgXeV.jpg
              Clean up in Aisle 6!
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

We spend millions to minimize such damage. And we are the evil ones...
                If it works, it's actually an interesting and welcome development from what we've done the last two decades with our missiles and double tap drone strikes. Because before now it's seemed as if our goal was as much collateral damage as possible, and boy were we high achievers for that goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Probably didn't have that tech in 2001

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Still a market for the Stark tech Jericho.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                      Still a market for the Stark tech Jericho.
                      The Ninja Squirrel Assassins have something similar but its basically an arrow that four of them cling to with one paw while holding their razor-sharp Ninjatō in the other

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

good video of how the missile works

Comment

good video of how the missile works

In the case of the NSA, you'll just have to use your imagination.

Picture four black-clad squirrels letting go of the arrow moments before it strikes and turning into tornadoes of steel slashing everything they encounter into bits.

Comment

In the case of the NSA, you'll just have to use your imagination.

Picture four black-clad squirrels letting go of the arrow moments before it strikes and turning into tornadoes of steel slashing everything they encounter into bits.
                              So basically the Tasmanian Devil.

317cb39b75d24e3fbaa0d98827d1bcce03ad2b1f.gif

Comment

So basically the Tasmanian Devil.

317cb39b75d24e3fbaa0d98827d1bcce03ad2b1f.gif
                                Smaller. Dressed in black. With razor-sharp blades protruding. And a LOT faster.

Comment