Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jesus Come Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, here... this seems to be a new schtick of yours...

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    What some pseudonymous poseur on an internet forum thinks about me will not disturb my sleep.
    And we're about to see it again, but first...

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    I was not the one that had a hissy fit when my credentials were questioned! And made excuses that I could write things but only to an honest interlocutor!
    First of all, you need to stop projecting this "hissy fit" nonsense on others --- I haven't seen anybody here throwing a fit - hissy or otherwise - over your antics.

And here we have it again...

What a pseudonymous poseur on an internet forum thinks about me will not disturb my sleep.
    Will you be using this line repeatedly?

And there is an end to it.
    Obviously not, as I 'prophesied' earlier that you will go on and on and on and on and on....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I was not the one that had a hissy fit when my credentials were questioned! And made excuses that I could write things but only to an honest interlocutor!

What a pseudonymous poseur on an internet forum thinks about me will not disturb my sleep.

And there is an end to it.
      Interesting response. Apparently my casual dismissal of your opinion of my credentials is having a hissy fit? My, that must have hurt your ego in order to garner a response like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Interesting response. Apparently my casual dismissal of your opinion of my credentials is having a hissy fit? My, that must have hurt your ego in order to garner a response like this.
        I think her goal is to annoy and antagonize, and she cackles like Kamala Harris on crack when she thinks she's got our goats. She probably imagines us pounding our heads on our keyboards, and cussing up a blue streak, when all we're doing is scratching our heads in bemusement.

I don't think she realizes she's not our first rodeo as far as s go.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I think her goal is to annoy and antagonize, and she cackles like Kamala Harris on crack when she thinks she's got our goats. She probably imagines us pounding our heads on our keyboards, and cussing up a blue streak, when all we're doing is scratching our heads in bemusement.

images.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Best way to deal with a Troll:

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Best way to deal with a Troll:
              Pffft.

Everyone knows you gotta burn the bodies after you dispatchify them or they just get back up.

That's D&D 101

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• You would totally be in Facebook Jail for that. Advocating violence.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                  You would totally be in Facebook Jail for that. Advocating violence.
                  D&D ain't allowed on Facebook?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Pffft.

Everyone knows you gotta burn the bodies after you dispatchify them or they just get back up.

That's D&D 101
                    I thought that was Warhammer 40,000 Orks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

I thought that was Warhammer 40,000 Orks.
                      WH40k Orks are a fungus....It's practically impossible to get rid of them once they are on a planet. Plus, all their vehicles are red.

Comment

WH40k Orks are a fungus....It's practically impossible to get rid of them once they are on a planet. Plus, all their vehicles are red.
                        Yeah, I played a few Warhammer 40K video games. Space Marine, Space Hulk Deathwing, and I look forward to a knew one coming out. There is actually one out there where you play as the Orks. Warhammer 40K Darktide looks really fun, but it's not out yet. I'll have to get that to play with some friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Yeah, I played a few Warhammer 40K video games. Space Marine, Space Hulk Deathwing, and I look forward to a knew one coming out. There is actually one out there where you play as the Orks. Warhammer 40K Darktide looks really fun, but it's not out yet. I'll have to get that to play with some friends.
                          I love the orks. They take the dignity out of any 40k game

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                            One must assume your reading material leans to the popular rather than the academic.
                            You'll find reference to him in Suetonius' The Twelve Caesars, Valerius Maximus' Memorable deeds and sayings, Julius Caesar's The Civil Wars, and maybe Plutarch as well.

Wiki has a brief, but unsourced, entry:

Cassius Scaevus was a centurion of Caesar's 8th legion. Scaevus fought in his battle of Dyrrachium in his fort, and when his cohorts senior centurions were injured, he took command. He fought back and drove the attacking Pompeian cohort's back to the city, despite being, in the words of Suetonius, "blinded in one eye, wounded in thigh and shoulder, and with no fewer than 120 holes in his shield." When Caesar arrived, he awarded Scaevus Primus Pilus status, was given triple his pay in denarii and was recorded to have over 200 Pompeian arrows in his scutum. Caesar was so impressed, he promoted Scaevus to his Legio X Fretensis and continued to serve after the death of the tenth's Primus Pilius, Gaius Crastinus, at Pharsalus.

Comment

I love the orks. They take the dignity out of any 40k game
                              There is actually a video game where you play as the Orks. It's called " Warhammer 40K: Shootas, Blood, and Teef". Looks like Contra, or Metal Slug, but you play as Orks.

Comment

• I remember playing da Orks some 30 years ago in a paper and pencil campaign smiley old.gif

Comment