Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jesus Come Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    I do not see anything particularly offensive on that video.
    Reprobates accept far more debauchery than moral people.

I also find the sanctimonious cant and hypocrisy condemning it rather amusing.
    You are the very personification of hypocrite.

I again refer to various verses within the NT gospels on hypocrisy and those who consider themselves to be more righteous than others.
    Calling out sin is not hypocrisy -- it is the responsibility of the church.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Nor according to at least one contributor to this thread is the Episcopalian church. That strikes me as hypocrisy.
      It is no secret that the Episcopalian Church in America has stepped up their slouching toward Gomorrah.

That depends on which church you have in mind. I have attended a few High Masses in my time [purely as an observer because certain works were being performed] and I have attended weddings in churches, some funerals, and even one christening. Again as an observer and as a mark of respect to the wishes of friends/family.

What was promiscuous about it and when was dancing an offence to the Lord?
      It is not surprising at all that a reprobate is incapable of recognizing debauchery when she sees it.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        I don't think that word means what you think it means.
        Yeah, she almost always misuses 'hypocrisy', and I really don't think she understands the concept.
        I think she just likes making the accusation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Calling out sin is not hypocrisy -- it is the responsibility of the church.
          Paul warns us of those who "preach a different gospel" in II Corinthians and in II Peter we read that there will be false teachers among us. We are instructed on how to recognize them and what to do.

What is telling as well as pertinent here is that II Peter expressly warned what some of the things to look for:

Scripture Verse: II Peter 2:18-19

For, speaking loud boasts of folly, they entice by sensual passions of the flesh those who are barely escaping from those who live in error. They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption

© Copyright Original Source

Some translations have "slaves of depravity" at the end.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Paul warns us of those who "preach a different gospel" in II Corinthians and in II Peter we read that there will be false teachers among us. We are instructed on how to recognize them and what to do.

What is telling as well as pertinent here is that II Peter expressly warned what some of the things to look for:

Scripture Verse: II Peter 2:18-19

For, speaking loud boasts of folly, they entice by sensual passions of the flesh those who are barely escaping from those who live in error. They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption

© Copyright Original Source

Some translations have "slaves of depravity" at the end.
            Either she's proving how very little she understands about Christianity, or she's just resorting to more ing, trying a rise out of us.

Yeah, I know --- why not both?

Comment

I do not see anything particularly offensive on that video.
              Because you're a reprobate, but let's put that aside for a moment.

A "reasonable person" watching that video would have a hard time saying "I think that's acceptable behavior for a Church Service".

The reasonable person standard refers to a hypothetical, average person's reaction to the actual circumstances of alleged illegal activities such as harassment, negligence or discrimination. It serves as a comparative standard for courts to assess liability.

About the only people who would think it WAS appropriate would be perverts, reprobates, liars and s.

I think you check several of those boxes.

Comment

What is "proper" in a church? Welcoming someone into the congregation does not seem particularly offensive.
                Anybody with half a brain would realize there's a difference between "welcoming someone" and giving them center stage, while celebrating their debauchery.
                By the reaction of the congregation, they LONG AGO gave up holiness.

Comment

Nor according to at least one contributor to this thread is the Episcopalian church. That strikes me as hypocrisy.
                  A church that doesn't follow the teachings of Christ is hardly a Christian church any longer is it?

That depends on which church you have in mind. I have attended a few High Masses in my time [purely as an observer because certain works were being performed] and I have attended weddings in churches, some funerals, and even one christening. Again as an observer and as a mark of respect to the wishes of friends/family.
                  So because you visited a church a few times you are suddenly an expert on them? And please, tell us, did anyone in those churches dance around half naked with a G-string and their rear end hanging out?

What was promiscuous about it and when was dancing an offence to the Lord?.
                  sexual promiscuity is a sin and is an offense to the Lord. As is homosexual behavior. The church is no place for displays of sexuality. It is a place of worship and modesty.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    .....And please, tell us, did anyone in those churches dance around half naked with a G-string and their rear end hanging out?....
                    Careful, brother - remember who you're asking.

Comment

The cheering congregants reminded me of Romans 1:32.

32 Though they are fully aware of God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve to die, they not only do them themselves but approve and applaud others who practice them.

The parading one could do with a lot of prayer and fasting!

Comment

Originally posted by Esther View Post

32 Though they are fully aware of God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve to die, they not only do them themselves but approve and applaud others who practice them.

Can you imagine the letter that Paul would have written to this church if he saw that?

Comment

Originally posted by Esther View Post

Some of them looked like they were applauding because it was expected of them, but not so happy about it. I wonder if any of them were offended at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Can you imagine the letter that Paul would have written to this church if he saw that?
                            He would have called fire down from heaven...
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              The good news is that I no longer think I'll be eating an early dinner. My appetite has abated quite a bit.

Episcopal Church in downtown Manhattan

Not one person seen leaving.
                              The video doesn't make the context clear. I'm going to assume this wasn't an actual service/mass, but was probably some other event in the church--and if so, presumably everyone was aware of the whole thing going in, so why would they leave?

Even if this was an actual service and this was completely impromptu, we only saw the audience while the person was coming in, so even if someone had an immediate objection, I don't think they'd be leaving literally that very moment. Heck, if that randomly and abruptly happened in a church I was attending, I'd obviously have big problems, but I don't think I'd immediately leave, I'd want to at least see what in the world was going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                                The video doesn't make the context clear. I'm going to assume this wasn't an actual service/mass, but was probably some other event in the church--and if so, presumably everyone was aware of the whole thing going in, so why would they leave?

Even if this was an actual service and this was completely impromptu, we only saw the audience while the person was coming in, so even if someone had an immediate objection, I don't think they'd be leaving literally that very moment. Heck, if that randomly and abruptly happened in a church I was attending, I'd obviously have big problems, but I don't think I'd immediately leave, I'd want to at least see what in the world was going on.
                                I was even wondering if this was a prank - a setup. Pews look awfully full.

Comment