Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jesus Come Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    It's times like this I'm sure you are some 14 year old boy living in his parent's basement merrily trolling away.

Do you think that was how they "welcome" all their new members?

Do you think someone who is an alcoholic that just joins struts on in, smashed and waving a half-empty bottle of booze about as he takes a swig?

Or the serial adulterer. Did he come in with a couple of his girlfriends on his arms with his wife trailing behind?
    This topic was just way too easy for her to troll on. If I were you I would just kick her out of the thread, rather than engage with her. She KNOWS that such behavior and dress are not appropriate for a church. She just wants to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

This topic was just way too easy for her to troll on. If I were you I would just kick her out of the thread, rather than engage with her. She KNOWS that such behavior and dress are not appropriate for a church. She just wants to troll.
      I don't think I've ever kicked someone out of a thread

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

The Greek ekklesia as used in the NT simply means an assembly or a meeting place. The earliest Christian meeting places were clandestine and often in private homes.

Comment

Comment

Watch the video?

You might disagree but there is no conceivable way that is even remotely proper in a church.

And that church is even promoting it, with the minister telling the congregation to stand up (give them a standing ovation).

Do you still need to ask why I said that church has lost its way?
            She does not even deserve an explanation. She's not here to understand or even to let Christians police our own house. She's an atheist. She has ZERO say in this matter.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              She does not even deserve an explanation. She's not here to understand or even to let Christians police our own house. She's an atheist. She has ZERO say in this matter.
              Understood but OTOH there is I Peter 3:15 which tells us that we should "always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you," which I tend to read rather broadly. Combine that with a willingness to defend the faith, a combative nature, and well...

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The Greek ekklesia as used in the NT simply means an assembly or a meeting place. The earliest Christian meeting places were clandestine and often in private homes.
                You kindly provide just another reminder that you don't know Koine Greek, nor are particularly conversant with history.
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Those assemblies were completely honouring to God, which the Episcopal "church" has not done for a long time.

That disgusting display was the complete opposite of giving glory to God. It was the flaunting of man's basest desires in the face of God.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Sure why not! Not that my opinion would matter to them...
                    They’ve successfully anathemized themselves.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I do not consider the video you presented as being overly offensive.

And those who have posted to this thread condemning both the individual and the church remind me of the narratives we find in the NT gospels where Jesus condemns hypocrites and those who think they are in some wise more righteous in their religious observances than others.
                      In your vast scriptural knowledge you’ve obviously simply forgotten how Jesus twice threw the circus that had been made from the temple grounds out by driving then with a whip. Or, more likely, that little bit of information was conveniently blocked out of your massive intellect because it doesn’t fit your little holier-than-thou mindset about how believers ought to be behaving.

I suspect Christ would have done the same thing in this instance.
                      Last edited by mossrose; 08-02-2022, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Then be it upon your head, heathen! I have spoken!

Comment

I did.

What is "proper" in a church?
                          I don't believe that anybody is the least bit surprised that you don't know.

Welcoming someone into the congregation does not seem particularly offensive.
                          Celebrating sin is patently offensive, and a stench in God's nostrils.

You all remind me of your gospels and those whitened sepulchres that condemned Jesus.

Not forgetting his remarks on hypocrisy.

Matthew 7 and 23 come to mind.
                          The Bible also teaches us to be 'fruit inspectors' -- right after the warning about judging improperly.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It appears that neither of you can offer a cogent explanation.
                            Do you need a cogent explanation not to bathe in cow manure?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I do not consider the video you presented as being overly offensive.

And those who have posted to this thread condemning both the individual and the church remind me of the narratives we find in the NT gospels where Jesus condemns hypocrites and those who think they are in some wise more righteous in their religious observances than others.
                              That was not what I asked.

Do you think that was how they "welcome" all their new members?

Do you think someone who is an alcoholic that just joins struts on in, smashed and waving a half-empty bottle of booze about as he takes a swig?

Or the serial adulterer. Did he come in with a couple of his girlfriends on his arms with his wife trailing behind?

As has already been noted, Jesus was not known for his tolerance of improper behavior in His Father's House and made that point rather forcibly (Matthew 21:12-17; Mark 11:15-19; Luke 19:45-48; John 2:13-16), particularly in John's account.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Same thing with her stubborn defense of the debauchery in the SBC / Gay Parade situation. I have a hard time believing that she actually thinks that's acceptable behavior, but is only here to be a thorn in our flesh.

Comment