Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Was Roe V Wade Protested From the Start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Roe V Wade Protested From the Start?

Please only vote in the poll if you are old enough to remember for yourself. If you would like to provide documentation, great, but what I'm trying to establish is what those of us old enough to remember actually recall.

Thanks!
    Yes
    50.00%
    Not immediately
    50.00%
    No
    0%

The poll is expired.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

I am old enough but don't remember. I was only 12 and didn't pay attention to politics or the news.

Comment

I was in the womb at the time.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I am old enough but don't remember. I was only 12 and didn't pay attention to politics or the news.
        I was 13, but also not paying attention.

Comment

I remember a lot of grumbling about it, but we were already in the "take God out of schools" campaign, so it just seemed like yet another step toward Gomorrah.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Pretty young at the time (still a teen). Actually thought it was for the best back then. But I remember small disorganized protesting back then which grew and coalesced

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              Please only vote in the poll if you are old enough to remember for yourself. If you would like to provide documentation, great, but what I'm trying to establish is what those of us old enough to remember actually recall.

Thanks!
              It was, from my recollection, though I was in high school then (senior year). Not super organized, but it was indeed immediately protested. In fact, the first March For Life took place precisely one year after the decision was handed down.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

It was, from my recollection, though I was in high school then (senior year). Not super organized, but it was indeed immediately protested. In fact, the first March For Life took place precisely one year after the decision was handed down.
                The Gondola Pilot is not exactly wrong....

March for Life (Washington, D.C.)

The March for Life is an annual rally and march opposing both the practice and legality of abortion, held in Washington, D.C. on or around the anniversary of Roe v. Wade, a decision issued in 1973 by the United States Supreme Court legalizing abortion nationwide. The march advocated for the overturning of Roe v. Wade, which successfully happened with the case Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization on June 24, 2022. It is a major gathering of the anti-abortion movement in the United States and is organized by the March for Life Education and Defense Fund.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment