Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Now They Are Coming After Our Food!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post

I guess to the elite killing large numbers of people now through mass starvation is preferable to the possible specter of a warmer earth...
    Apparently the COVID pandemic didn't kill enough, on to plan B!

Comment

• What gets me is the drive by elitists to crush the middle class. Where do they think they will find the skilled labor to fix their air conditioning, their limousines, their private jets, their yachts, or even the doctors who will keep them patched together? They won't be found among the lower classes they are promoting. So in their drive for power and a green earth, they are destroying themselves. What a clown class of live-for-today idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        What gets me is the drive by elitists to crush the middle class. Where do they think they will find the skilled labor to fix their air conditioning, their limousines, their private jets, their yachts, or even the doctors who will keep them patched together? They won't be found among the lower classes they are promoting. So in their drive for power and a green earth, they are destroying themselves. What a clown class of live-for-today idiots.

They seem to want only unskilled workers so that they can control them easier - to them people are just a vote. A means to keep them in power. Democrats have never been known for thinking ahead or considering the consequences of their actions though.

Comment

• So, they really like killing geese for their golden eggs?
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Do not eat red M&Ms.
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
              Do not eat red M&Ms.
              Do not eat yellow snow.

Comment

I guess to the elite killing large numbers of people now through mass starvation is preferable to the possible specter of a warmer earth...
                Do be honest with you I don't even think they really believe in climate change themselves, either that or they just don't really care about it based on their personal behavior and actions contrary to the so-called crisis of climate change. They're doing it solely for more power and control.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

Do be honest with you I don't even think they really believe in climate change themselves, either that or they just don't really care about it based on their personal behavior and actions contrary to the so-called crisis of climate change. They're doing it solely for more power and control.
                  Correct, and they are wealthy enough to be insulated from any actuality. They will keep eating the best food, flying private jets, having the best security, etc...
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I'm curious as to how you think this will lead to mass starvation.

Far more people can be fed by the grain used to feed these animals than by the animals themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I'm curious as to how you think this will lead to mass starvation.

Far more people can be fed by the grain used to feed these animals than by the animals themselves.
                      most of the feed crops are not edible by humans. When was the last time you ate grass or hay? Even feed corn is not really edible by humans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Apparently the COVID pandemic didn't kill enough, on to plan B!
                        I'm still waiting for the murder hornets they were warning about in 2020.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

most of the feed crops are not edible by humans. When was the last time you ate grass or hay? Even feed corn is not really edible by humans.
                          That may all be true. But this is also true:

The amount of food directly edible by humans but fed to farm animals provides more calories (1738 kcal/p/d) than is provided by those farm animals in the form of meat and dairy products (594 kcal/p/d).
                          source

Comment

The amount of food directly edible by humans but fed to farm animals provides more calories (1738 kcal/p/d) than is provided by those farm animals in the form of meat and dairy products (594 kcal/p/d).
                            source
                            Yuuuuup. And even the inedible food could be replaced with crops that are edible if we ended animal ag and it's inefficiencies

Comment

source
                              I don't really trust that source. Basically the only edible food fed to animals that I know of would be mostly food that is expired or not human quality produce that gets tossed and is fed to animals like pigs. Or some grains like oats that are fed to horses, or corn and fish that are used to make pet feed (which I believe again is mostly stuff like chicken/beef/fish byproducts that humans won't eat). The fact is, if we went "vegan" or "vegetarian" most domestic animals would become extinct. There is no need for cows or pigs in a world where nobody eats them or makes products from them. And the gain in human crops would not be that great, even by your chart.

Comment

I don't really trust that source. Basically the only edible food fed to animals that I know of would be mostly food that is expired or not human quality produce that gets tossed and is fed to animals like pigs. Or some grains like oats that are fed to horses, or corn and fish that are used to make pet feed (which I believe again is mostly stuff like chicken/beef/fish byproducts that humans won't eat). The fact is, if we went "vegan" or "vegetarian" most domestic animals would become extinct. There is no need for cows or pigs in a world where nobody eats them or makes products from them. And the gain in human crops would not be that great, even by your chart.
                                I'm not arguing that we should go vegetarian, just that no one would starve if we did. I don't see any government trying to eliminate the production of meat. They just want it reduced where it is particularly harmful to the environment.

Comment