Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Now They Are Coming After Our Food!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    But of those we do know of (Neanderthals, Denisovans, "Hobbits" ...) all appear to have been omnivores like us.
    Actually Neanderthals were largely herbivores as well, with occasional opportunistic meat eating. (In fact we've found Neanderthals in Spain whose dental plaque analysis reveals no evidence of ANY meat consumption)

BTW that whole "caveman diet"? A real caveman diet would be almost overwhelmingly plants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Machinist View Post

Of course. Most of the meat we consume around here comes from local free range farms. We also have a good source for raw goats milk.

I keep wanting to deer hunt. Lots of deer around here. This may be the year I get my first one. I want to make darn sure that my aim is spot on first.
      Never shoot unless you are sure of a kill shot. Period.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Don't blame me for the upcoming squirrelly revenge

I used to hunt deer. Even recounted here the time I put food on the table while trapped in a blizzard when still a young'un. I've never used a tree stand but have always stalked. You know, actually hunted.

The last time the deer literally walked toward me while I was removing a pebble from my boot. At that point I quit.

It became too easy.
        Yes, I always stalked, well except for ducks... I just didn't have the heart to kill deer after the first one.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

One is nature. The other is cowardice from a person who wants to pretend they're a "hunter" and a meat-eater
          And we are not nature? But you were speaking of being brutal. So which is more brutal - being torn apart alive? Or a clean shot?
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

And we are not nature? But you were speaking of being brutal. So which is more brutal - being torn apart alive? Or a clean shot?
            We left nature a long time ago, hun. Since then we've been working our hardest to destroy it.

Comment

We left nature a long time ago, hun. Since then we've been working our hardest to destroy it.
              That makes no sense, especially for an atheist. There is nothing but nature...

Comment

We seek to alter our environment to make it more "suitable" for us pretty much like every other organism.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If we are indeed animals, then everything we do is "nature" - including using tools and technology. Like H_A said, every animal has their own special attributes, A gazelle has speed. A lion has claws and cunning. A hawk has vision and flight. Ours is intelligence and tool usage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

If we are indeed animals, then everything we do is "nature" - including using tools and technology. Like H_A said, every animal has their own special attributes, A gazelle has speed. A lion has claws and cunning. A hawk has vision and flight. Ours is intelligence and tool usage.
                    That would depend on how you define "intelligence". If it includes problem solving and a degree of spatial awareness then clearly many non-human animals exhibit "intelligence".

"It ain't necessarily so
                    The things that you're liable
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life
                    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

That would depend on how you define "intelligence". If it includes problem solving and a degree of spatial awareness then clearly many non-human animals exhibit "intelligence".

and gorsh, most animals can see too, but I would say a Hawk or Eagle has especially good eyesight compared to most animals. Just like humans have a heck of a lot more intelligence than most animals.

Comment

Indeed. Look at the effect that termites can have on an eco-system through their natural activities.

Comment

and gorsh, most animals can see too
                          The bird is problem solving.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          , but I would say a Hawk or Eagle has especially good eyesight compared to most animals.
                          I would agree.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Just like humans have a heck of a lot more intelligence than most animals::
                          That again depends on how you define intelligence.

"It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Indeed. Look at the effect that termites can have on an eco-system through their natural activities.
                            Do not forget the activities of beavers.
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Meanwhile it almost seems that Hollyweird has been seeking to make the concept of cannibalism more "mainstream": Cannibalism Chic?

Coincidence?

Every time I start to think that society cannot get worse. That we finally reached rock bottom

91534127-5e29-492d-abeb-59a624138663.jpg

FzCY.gif

Comment