Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

WHO declares monkeypox a global health emergency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHO declares monkeypox a global health emergency

Here we go again, just in time for the mid terms...

The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared that the international monkeypox virus outbreak now constitutes a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC).

While the United Nations (UN) health agency had previously debated the matter, WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus explained in a media briefing on Saturday that the International Health Regulations (IHR) Emergency Committee generally agreed that transmission of the virus at

https://www.foxnews.com/health/who-d...alth-emergency
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Mostly transmuted through close personal contact -- like sex.

"Birthing units" going on sex strike over the overturning of Roe.

Looks like the problem is sorting itself out.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Mostly transmuted through close personal contact -- like sex.

"Birthing units" going on sex strike over the overturning of Roe.

Looks like the problem is sorting itself out.
      It's mostly spread through gay men, so that actually should be irrelevant.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

It's mostly spread through gay men, so that actually should be irrelevant.
        But we musn't say that. It's offensive.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

What concerns me is that they proposed reintroducing small pox vaccination. That's serious overkill and the WHO is just stupid enough to use live virus.

How about we just infect the target population with cow pox and call it a day?
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Rob Malone recognizes it as a scam and another power grab by WHO, or more specifically Teddy Edited by a Moderator over the advice of his own expert panel.

Moderated By: QuantaFille

Please watch your language.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
            Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by QuantaFille; 07-23-2022, 08:59 PM.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

But we musn't say that. It's offensive.
              They might have been able to get a quicker handle on it if they weren't concerned about being offensive.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

They might have been able to get a quicker handle on it if they weren't concerned about being offensive.
                Yup.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Bending over backwards to make STD investigation as inoffensive as possible to homosexuals was part of why HIV became as prevalent a it did. Seriously, we wasted billions on a parallel infrastructure that in most states didn't do the job a fraction as well as the old school STD programs did.

If they'd just use what we already know about how to intervene, we probably would have seen a somewhat slower progression with HIV. With this stuff? We'd have it knocked out in six to ten weeks - and I'm not exaggerating.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

In all seriousness, I don't think we're going to be seeing imminent monkeypox lockdowns in the United States. The Democrats already have enough headaches in this election year.

Comment

In all seriousness, I don't think we're going to be seeing imminent monkeypox lockdowns in the United States. The Democrats already have enough headaches in this election year.
                      Agreed. Political suicide actually being beside the point. It's not even remotely difficult to control and will probably self- extinguish in the areas without strong surveillance.

I am waiting for the CDC to come out advising condoms to prevent it. Yes, that's as stupid as it sounds. But, CDC....

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I don't count out the stupidity of the government here in Canada to do mandates and lockdowns and the whole shebang all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Agreed. Political suicide actually being beside the point. It's not even remotely difficult to control and will probably self- extinguish in the areas without strong surveillance.

I am waiting for the CDC to come out advising condoms to prevent it. Yes, that's as stupid as it sounds. But, CDC....

I agree that it's common sense that they would be ineffective in this case, but I didn't bother saying it because I knew I'd get attacked for being naive.

Comment

Lockdowns helped them steal the last election, and they got away with it. Why wouldn't they try it again?
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Bending over backwards to make STD investigation as inoffensive as possible to homosexuals was part of why HIV became as prevalent a it did.
                              Is that just more of your opinion or do you have some attested evidence for that remark?
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              The things that you're liable
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life
                              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment