Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

WHO declares monkeypox a global health emergency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

It's mostly spread through gay men, so that actually should be irrelevant.
    Even more of a reason that it isn't much of a concern for the overwhelming majority of us.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

They might have been able to get a quicker handle on it if they weren't concerned about being offensive.
      AIDS ought to have served as a warning about placing political correctness over the facts.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Mostly transmuted through close personal contact -- like sex.

"Birthing units" going on sex strike over the overturning of Roe.

Looks like the problem is sorting itself out.
        Another disease brought to us by sexual promiscuity...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Even more of a reason that it isn't much of a concern for the overwhelming majority of us.
          We will still need drop boxes and ballot harvesting just to be safe...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

donkeypox.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Another disease brought to us by sexual promiscuity...
              Maybe we should shut down the gay bath houses to start?

Monkeypox is being driven overwhelmingly by sex between men, major study finds

Of the 528 confirmed cases reviewed, 95% are believed to have transmitted during sex between men, according to a new paper in the New England Journal of Medicine.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-...inds-rcna39564

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                Is that just more of your opinion or do you have some attested evidence for that remark?
                Knock yourself out: What you are looking for is the Ryan White Care Act and the distribution of funds to the states. Start from the beginning. It gets ugly fast. I mean, if you ACTUALLY research it.

Also go back to the San Francisco Bath House closures - this would be late 80's. Note that the link to homosexual activity had already been made and the dead were piling up - and look how long it took San Fran to act.

I interviewed more than a dozen full blown cases because California WOULD NOT release the records to the freaking health department. This DIRECTLY resulted in delayed care because FEDERAL LAW required a positive test to get these guys into treatment. They weren't just HIV positives - they were in crisis with AIDS. But California, New York and Illinois were pocketing the Direct Care money then letting these guys go home to die when they could no longer work and afford to stay.

They sent those boys home to their families to care for them in states that were already fighting for funding. They DIDN'T send the direct care funds and they DIDN'T even have the decency to give us the existing test results to get them into care immediately instead of having to wait two weeks for the blasted Western Blot.

Ignorant troll.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Maybe we should shut down the gay bath houses to start?
                  Just treat it with APPG. Won't cure it but the shots hurt like heck so most guys get real careful until the outbreak passes.

I'm only slightly kidding. It really did work that way with GC for a few decades.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Just treat it with APPG. Won't cure it but the shots hurt like heck so most guys get real careful until the outbreak passes.

I'm only slightly kidding. It really did work that way with GC for a few decades.
                    I don't know what APPG or GC mean...

Comment

Eh, the opposite, actually, It's not a crisis or anything remotely like one, but it's also not an STD - and is infectious outside of sexual activity. So, yeah, they pose an increased risk to the general population. But mostly, they are a risk to family and friends so immunocompromised should be careful around high risk people.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I don't know what APPG or GC mean...
                        You're supposed to just know all this stuff!

Sorry - APPG is a type of REALLY viscous penicillin and GC is gonorrhea.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Can I steal it? Can I?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

You're supposed to just know all this stuff!

Sorry - APPG is a type of REALLY viscous penicillin and GC is gonorrhea.
                            OK...

Comment

Can I steal it? Can I?
                              I already did. I mean he's a pirate and probably stole it in the first place
                              We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by alaskazimm View Post
                                I already did. I mean he's a pirate and probably stole it in the first place
                                As a rogue I can say that stealing from a pirate (or even a rogue) is permitted.

Comment