Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Superbowl interview -Trump's cheek warming exercise with Putin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superbowl interview -Trump's cheek warming exercise with Putin

Is there anyway to justify Trumps comments in his interview that he 'I do respect Putin,' and he compares Putin's killing acts with USA killing. Trump defends Putin: 'You think our country's so innocent?'
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 02-06-2017, 01:57 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Is that the best you can do, speechless?
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Is that the best you can do, speechless?
        got a link to the text?

And do you think the USA is innocent of killing innocents or even backing evil leaders who do evil things?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          got a link to the text?

And do you think the USA is innocent of killing innocents or even backing evil leaders who do evil things?
          Are you saying it is a justified comparison of USA history and Putin's history. Very tragically sad!

I suppose you '. . . . respect Putin too!'

Frank

Comment

#FakeNews
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              #FakeNews
              http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/05/politi...ell/index.html

Full text of interview!

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/2/5/145...uper-bowl-2017
              Last edited by shunyadragon; 02-06-2017, 02:18 PM.

Frank

Comment

Ask Starlight if the US is innocent of killing civilians.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                  Are you saying it is a justified comparison of USA history and Putin's history. Very tragically sad!

I suppose you '. . . . respect Putin too!'
                  You dodged my question and request. Try again.

--
                  got a link to the text?

Comment

Wow. The MSM and Shunya will take any opportunity to make a mountain out of a molehill.

“Well, I respect a lot of people but that doesn’t mean I’m going to get along with him,” Trump said. “He’s a leader of his country. I say it’s better to get along with Russia than not. And if Russia helps us in the fight against ISIS, which is a major fight, and Islamic terrorism all over the world — that’s a good thing. Will I get along with him? I have no idea.”

“But he’s a killer though,” O’Reilly said. “Putin’s a killer.”

“There are a lot of killers,” Trump responded. “We’ve got a lot of killers. What do you think — our country’s so innocent.”

1. he said it is better to get along with Russia. Every freaking President has said the same thing.
                    2. Basically he is saying we have to work with people like Putin. We have in the past. Like I said Shunya, do you think the USA has never killed anyone innocent or worked with evil leaders who do evil things. People like PUTIN? The USA has been working with Putin and Russia for DECADES now. Why should it stop because Trump is president? Obama worked with Russia, Bush did, Clinton did.

This is not FAKE news. It is NON news. If Trump said he doesn't like french fries, Shunya and the MSM would start saying he hates the French.

You should really be ashamed of yourself Shunyadragon. You sound like a complete conspiracy kook.

Comment

I agree that we have to work with evil people and that sometimes we do bad things--like kill innocents, i.e., the recent raid on an Al Qaeda base, but do people really want to argue that there is moral equivalence between Putin's government-it's goals and methods-and our own? This seems like a convenient abandonment of American exceptionalism.

fwiw,
                      guacamole
                      "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                      Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                      Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                        I agree that we have to work with evil people and that sometimes we do bad things--like kill innocents, i.e., the recent raid on an Al Qaeda base, but do people really want to argue that there is moral equivalence between Putin's government-it's goals and methods-and our own? This seems like a convenient abandonment of American exceptionalism.

fwiw,
                        guacamole
                        Nobody is saying that. Neither did Trump. He was making the point that the USA isn't so innocent and sometimes we have to work with bad people. Russia is one of them. Better to work with Russia against ISIS, then fight Russia AND ISIS, right? Doesn't that make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Nobody is saying that. Neither did Trump. He was making the point that the USA isn't so innocent and sometimes we have to work with bad people. Russia is one of them. Better to work with Russia against ISIS, then fight Russia AND ISIS, right? Doesn't that make sense?
                          Like I said, I agree that we have to do that sometimes. It's the moral equivalence implied by:

There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What do you think — our country’s so innocent. You think our country’s so innocent?

I would like to say that I hope our country is different. I am probably naive on that point. But note O'Reilly's aborted objection:

But mistakes are different than...

And presumably he meant something like 'different than Putin's oppression' or something.

I would rather Trump have justified it solely through common-sense accommodation rather than the false-equivalency of his comparison.

fwiw,
                          guacamole
                          "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                          Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                          Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            #FakeNews
                            How is it fake? This exchange did in fact take place.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                              Like I said, I agree that we have to do that sometimes. It's the moral equivalence implied by:

There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What do you think — our country’s so innocent. You think our country’s so innocent?

I would like to say that I hope our country is different. I am probably naive on that point. But note O'Reilly's aborted objection:

But mistakes are different than...

And presumably he meant something like 'different than Putin's oppression' or something.

I would rather Trump have justified it solely through common-sense accommodation rather than the false-equivalency of his comparison.

fwiw,
                              guacamole
                              agreed. Trump has diarrhea of the mouth. He just rambles on in his "stream of consciousness" way and usually ends up with his foot in his mouth. But the MSM usually just looks for anyway to spin anything he says into the absolute worst interpretation they can, instead of trying to understand what he really was saying. I get so tired of that type of crap.

Trumps best strategy is to just say nothing and stop tweeting. The press will go nuts without hearing anything from him.

Comment