Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

AOC Pretends To Be Handcuffed As Police Arrest 17 House Dems Outside SCOTUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by rogue06; 07-24-2022, 07:20 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Pro Tip: If you want to engage in some guerilla street theater and pretend you're being led off in handcuffs, don't ruin the effect by lifting a fist into the air and shaking it about.
      Unless you are a Toon, then you can do stuff like that as long as it is funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Unless you are a Toon, then you can do stuff like that as long as it is funny.
        If you want to be a parody or a joke, by all means, follow A.O.C.'s lead.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Nope. Being an elected official should not deprive one of one's Constitutional protections.
          OK, not arrested, but convicted of a felony. How that? Unless you think felons who can't own guns should be allowed to make laws for the entire country?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

OK, not arrested, but convicted of a felony. How that? Unless you think felons who can't own guns should be allowed to make laws for the entire country?
            FWIU, if convicted of a felony they can be impeached

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I, honestly, still can't agree. In a hypothetical sense, I can see that also being abused to keep groups of people out of power. Though, I would concede someone convicted of a felony committed while serving in an official capacity, in a crime related to (or boosted by) their position should be forced out and barred from holding power again.

But in the general sense, no, I don't believe a felony should prevent you from holding office.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                If you want to be a parody or a joke, by all means, follow A.O.C.'s lead.
                Or if you are intent on following a toon there is always Jessica Rabbit.

Comment

8d1ed18f-5bf6-41e2-b00b-e4131dea013e.jpg
                  While it is nice to see that A.O.C. is urging people to listen to the police, even the ACLU has come out warning folks not to follow her advice and to keep their hands in plain sight unless told to place them behind your back.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Or if you are intent on following a toon there is always Jessica Rabbit.

Wanna bet that Eddie tries something different next time?

Comment

Comment

295527543_4975536979217620_438625547945347041_n.jpg

Comment