Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Just 18% of Americans say Biden should run for reelection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just 18% of Americans say Biden should run for reelection

Thank you leftists for this crap show, but really, thank you, for reelecting Trump...

Poll: Just 18% of Americans say Biden should run for reelection in 2024 — a new low

Just 18% of Americans say President Biden should run for reelection in 2024, according to the latest Yahoo News/YouGov poll — the lowest number to date. Nearly two-thirds (64%) say he should bow out.

And for the first time, more Democrats now say Biden should pass on a second term (41%) than say he should pursue one (35%).

https://news.yahoo.com/poll-just-18-...140538311.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

This is getting to be old news already.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
      Yes, but still delicious...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
        But Biden ain't buying it Jack.

He'll tell you to look at the polls and insist that he has over 90% of Democrats supporting him for reelection.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          But Biden ain't buying it Jack.

He'll tell you to look at the polls and insist that he has over 90% of Democrats supporting him for reelection.
          Not quite, what he said was that 92% of Democrats would vote for him if he ran again.
          Haven't seen the poll question, but I expect it boils down to the question of "If Biden was the democratic nominee would you still vote for him?", and I can expect that this number IS over 90%, even if they don't want him to run again.

I did find this...
          Source: https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/12/politics/biden-trump-polling-2024-race-analysis/index.html

The New York Times survey, for example, found that if the choice in 2024 was between Biden and Trump, 92% of Democrats would stick with the President.

© Copyright Original Source

Edit, Found it:
          https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttoo...e4648/full.pdf (can't clean up the picture....but follow the link)
          POLL.PNG

So, yeah, it's a cherry picked number that isn't the answer to the question.
          Last edited by CivilDiscourse; 07-15-2022, 01:21 PM.

Comment

From RealClearPolitics...

real clear biden.jpg
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Not quite, what he said was that 92% of Democrats would vote for him if he ran again.
              Haven't seen the poll question, but I expect it boils down to the question of "If Biden was the democratic nominee would you still vote for him?", and I can expect that this number IS over 90%, even if they don't want him to run again.

I did find this...
              Source: https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/12/politics/biden-trump-polling-2024-race-analysis/index.html

The New York Times survey, for example, found that if the choice in 2024 was between Biden and Trump, 92% of Democrats would stick with the President.

© Copyright Original Source

Edit, Found it:
              https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttoo...e4648/full.pdf (can't clean up the picture....but follow the link)
              POLL.PNG

So, yeah, it's a cherry picked number that isn't the answer to the question.
              The CNN cite is accurate.

Biden claims "that poll showed that 92% of Democrats, if I ran, would vote for me."

What he left out was the part that this was what Democrats said if he was the party nominee and if Trump were the Republican pick. I imagine darn near any Democrat could get those numbers under those conditions.

As the very same poll he cited noted, only 26% of Democrats want Biden as their party’s candidate with 94% of those under 30 not wanting him to seek re-election. A recent Harvard-Harris poll found that only 30% of Democrats would vote for Biden in a Democratic presidential primary and that 71% of Americans don’t think he should run for a second term

Seer just started a thread about the Yahoo News/YouGov poll that found that 35% of Democrats think Biden should seek a second term, with 41% opposed. Of all Americans, a mere 18% want him running in 2024.

So while the numbers are fairly fluid, they all agree that only a minority of Democrats think old Joe should run for office.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment