Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Gen Z Down With Biden -- and Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen Z Down With Biden -- and Trump

Say this article on CNN that described how generation Z is done with Biden and Trump. To generalize a little bit more, I've noticed other recent articles about how people are tired of political leadership not changing after so many years. While Schumer and Pelosi were specifically mentioned, I would add McConnell, Sanders, plus some more that aren't coming to mind right now.

What really jumped at me was the second paragraph.

In a recent New York Times report on the generational anger that is brewing in 2022, a voter in her 20s doubted the abilities of President Joe Biden and other Democratic leaders and asked, "How are you going to accurately lead your country if your mind is still stuck 50, 60 or 70 years ago?"
    The article also included this little tidbit about the age of members of Congress:
    (The average age of the current 117th Congress in January 2021 was 59.5, and the Senate is the oldest in American history.)
    I've been thinking the same thing for a while especially regarding race relations. The black leadership that's presented are all veterans of the 60's Civil Rights movement. While we should at least acknowledge their contributions, to listen to them sometimes makes me think we're still in the 60's society. We're not. For example, from what I remember reading about the 60's, there was little concern about relations with Latinos plus LGBTQ+ was just getting started. It's a real different society now.

Of course, you can make the same comparisons with the environment, climate, corporations, non-profits, women's rights, religion, etc.

I know at work, especially these days, it's real frustrating to see management not changing their behaviors and planning while watching the circumstances around them change. It seems too easy to refight the last battle than prepare for the next.

Sure makes me in favor of term limits.

Like to article if you're interested. https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/14/opini...zer/index.html
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

AOC keeps telling old Joe he needs to move further left and spend a lot more of our money or he'll lose the youth vote.

Looks like that train has already left the station.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment