Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

From the horse's mouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    That puts me in mind of a comment by Goebbels that “the Party should not appear to be the originator of these demonstrations, though in fact it should organize them and carry them out.”
    President Trump never said anything even resembling that, so the relevance of this quote escapes me.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Gore conceded on December 13 2000 It took Trump until January 7 2021. And Gore did not organise a "rally" in Washington. Nor did Clinton.
      Last I checked December 13 is a good number of weeks after Election day.....

But I see you're moving the goalposts now so have fun down that flowery path

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Last I checked December 13 is a good number of weeks after Election day.....

But I see you're moving the goalposts now so have fun down that flowery path
        It is indeed but it is not as long a gap as January 7 the following year.

And Gore did not organise a rally to prevent a democratic process from taking place.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

It is indeed but it is not as long a gap as January 7 the following year.

And Gore did not organise a rally to prevent a democratic process from taking place.
          Those goalposts do be shifting.

Have fun on your flowery path

Comment

Gore conceded on December 13 2000 It took Trump until January 7 2021. And Gore did not organise a "rally" in Washington. Nor did Clinton.
            Hillary eventually conceded but has gone around since then grumbling about the election being stolen.

And not just Hillary.

Her gripe has been endorsed throughout the years by a number of leading Democrats including old Joe hisself, during the 2020 election.

Moreover, the new darling of the left, their hoped for rising star, Stacey Abrams, is running again for Governor here in Georgia, refuses to concede she lost in 2020.

But for that she's been praised as "resolute" and "brave" for standing firm in her convictions.

What a load of hypocritical horse squeeze.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Hillary eventually conceded but has gone around since then grumbling about the election being stolen.

And not just Hillary.

Her gripe has been endorsed throughout the years by a number of leading Democrats including old Joe hisself, during the 2020 election.

Moreover, the new darling of the left, their hoped for rising star, Stacey Abrams, is running again for Governor here in Georgia, refuses to concede she lost in 2020.

But for that she's been praised as "resolute" and "brave" for standing firm in her convictions.

What a load of hypocritical horse squeeze.
              Clinton did not try and get the courts or the states to overturn the election results. She did not suggest that her campaign team seize the voting machines, nor did she organise a rally in Washington to prevent a democratic process taking place.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Clinton did not try and get the courts or the states to overturn the election results. She did not suggest that her campaign team seize the voting machines, nor did she organise a rally in Washington to prevent a democratic process taking place.
                She was too busy wiping servers - you know, like with a cloth.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The creators/maintainers of BleachBit removed the "Endorsed by Hillary Clinton" banner on their website some time ago, but they still have a press page with links to interviews and articles discussing Hillary's use of the software to keep herself out of jail.

https://www.bleachbit.org/press
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Actually she sued in a bunch of states claiming voter disenfranchisement and the like, and had the same level of success that Trump did.

She might not have organized a rally but her fingerprints are all over the Steele Dossier,[1] which was at the core for the phony Collusion Delusion. So she was up to her neck trying to get an election annulled, invalidated or whatever, based on phony charges she was behind.

And let's not forget the veiled threat she made before the last mid-terms in 2018 that Democrats cannot be civil unless they retake either the House or the Senate.

Or, how after retaking the House, we were treated to liberal civility about half a year later, for several "fiery but peaceful" months during the Spring and Summer of 2019.

1. not literally, although that wasn't the case with the missing FBI files back when she was First Lady.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

About the same time she was claiming she fell and hit her head resulting in brain damage that caused memory loss (I forgot all the security procedures I violated) ... but vote for me for president!

Comment

About the same time she was claiming she fell and hit her head resulting in brain damage that caused memory loss (I forgot all the security procedures I violated) ... but vote for me for president!
                        Remember when they had to toss her in the van like a sack of potatoes? Media played that down.
                        Remember when Trump came walking slowly down a slippery ramp? Media when nuts.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Remember when they had to toss her in the van like a sack of potatoes? Media played that down.
                          Prior to that folks got summarily fired immediately after raising concerns about her health.

They couldn't hide it after that.

Remember when Trump came walking slowly down a slippery ramp? Media when nuts.
                          Iron-clad proof he wasn't fit to be president. Meanwhile old Joe falls down climbing stairs. Three times. One right after the other on the same trip up.

Comment

I do not have copies of Der Stürmer to hand. Sorry.

Trump was agitating as anyone with an gram of comprehension can ascertain from that 6 January speech which was the culmination of weeks of lies about the "stolen election".
                            Sorry, kitten, but I'll match my grams of comprehension against yours any day. I did not take it as "agitating."

By way of review (from other threads), my view is that we will likely never know whether the election was "stolen" in the sense that Bad Orange Man and his more pugnacious advisers believed, i.e. various forms of direct tampering with votes. I do believe it was "stolen" in the sense that Big Tech and Non-Fox Big Media acted as information gatekeepers in ways that benefited Farnsworth, and that pandemic protocols also benefited that side.

So I do not at all believe it a "lie" that the election was "stolen," and I am not entirely confident that the Pandemicrats won't do more stealing in the midterms.
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Sorry, kitten, but I'll match my grams of comprehension against yours any day. I did not take it as "agitating."

By way of review (from other threads), my view is that we will likely never know whether the election was "stolen" in the sense that Bad Orange Man and his more pugnacious advisers believed, i.e. various forms of direct tampering with votes. I do believe it was "stolen" in the sense that Big Tech and Non-Fox Big Media acted as information gatekeepers in ways that benefited Farnsworth, and that pandemic protocols also benefited that side.

So I do not at all believe it a "lie" that the election was "stolen," and I am not entirely confident that the Pandemicrats won't do more stealing in the midterms.
                              One might opine that he could accepted defeat gracefully rather than refusing [beginning on the night of the actual election] to concede he had lost. And I cannot recall another such period following a presidential election in the USA where the defeated [but temporarily still incumbent president] went to such lengths to try and retain power.
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Actually she sued in a bunch of states claiming voter disenfranchisement and the like, and had the same level of success that Trump did.

She might not have organized a rally but her fingerprints are all over the Steele Dossier,[1] which was at the core for the phony Collusion Delusion. So she was up to her neck trying to get an election annulled, invalidated or whatever, based on phony charges she was behind.

And let's not forget the veiled threat she made before the last mid-terms in 2018 that Democrats cannot be civil unless they retake either the House or the Senate.

Or, how after retaking the House, we were treated to liberal civility about half a year later, for several "fiery but peaceful" months during the Spring and Summer of 2019.

1. not literally, although that wasn't the case with the missing FBI files back when she was First Lady.
                                And don't forget the inaugural riots in DC, that was our first taste of the next 4 years. Or was it an insurrection? They marched on the White House and burned things as they went.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1540J7

But no worries, all charges were dropped against those "mostly peaceful" insurrectionists.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...esters-n889531

1713058_012017-wls-trump-dcprotests6-vid.jpg?w=800&r=16%3A9.jpg

Comment