Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Latinos are like tacos...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latinos are like tacos...

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/12/politics/jill-biden-breakfast-tacos/index.html

(CNN) First lady Jill Biden's office issued an apology Tuesday morning after Biden faced criticism for citing "bodegas" and "breakfast tacos" to praise Latino diversity.

Biden made the comments on Monday during a conference in San Antonio for the Latino civil rights and advocacy organization UnidosUS, where she commented on diversity of the community and the work of Raul Yzaguirre, the former president and CEO of the organization who just last week was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor.
    "Raul helped build this organization with the understanding that the diversity of this community -- as distinct as the bodegas of the Bronx, as beautiful as the blossoms of Miami, and as unique as the breakfast tacos here in San Antonio -- is your strength," Biden said, while mispronouncing the word "bodega."
    "The first lady apologizes that her words conveyed anything but pure admiration and love for the Latino community," Michael LaRosa, the first lady's spokesman, said.

© Copyright Original Source

Our "elegant" First Lady....
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Source: https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/12/politics/jill-biden-breakfast-tacos/index.html

(CNN) First lady Jill Biden's office issued an apology Tuesday morning after Biden faced criticism for citing "bodegas" and "breakfast tacos" to praise Latino diversity.

Biden made the comments on Monday during a conference in San Antonio for the Latino civil rights and advocacy organization UnidosUS, where she commented on diversity of the community and the work of Raul Yzaguirre, the former president and CEO of the organization who just last week was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor.
    "Raul helped build this organization with the understanding that the diversity of this community -- as distinct as the bodegas of the Bronx, as beautiful as the blossoms of Miami, and as unique as the breakfast tacos here in San Antonio -- is your strength," Biden said, while mispronouncing the word "bodega."
    "The first lady apologizes that her words conveyed anything but pure admiration and love for the Latino community," Michael LaRosa, the first lady's spokesman, said.

She is a highly intelligent Doctor you sexist!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

It was quite the day for Dr. 'Peggy Hill.'

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I just don't know what made anybody think it was a good idea to put that in a speech in the first place. It is pandering at best, and racially offensive at worst (which seems to be how most people have taken it).
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The Leftoids can't even their rampant racism anymore, now complete with breakfast tacos. Dr. Jill should have visited some predominantly black areas to compliment them on their wonderful fried chicken kitchens and the evolution of seedless watermelons.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I just don't know what made anybody think it was a good idea to put that in a speech in the first place. It is pandering at best, and racially offensive at worst (which seems to be how most people have taken it).
            It's elitism to the max! They can appeal to the little people, pretending to speak their language.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It's elitism to the max! They can appeal to the little people, pretending to speak their language.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                The Leftoids can't even their rampant racism anymore, now complete with breakfast tacos. Dr. Jill should have visited some predominantly black areas to compliment them on their wonderful fried chicken kitchens and the evolution of seedless watermelons.
                My black pastor friend just called me and mocked her by saying "yeah, if she visited my neighborhood, she'd talk about "the chitlins we eats".
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

tacos.jpg

Comment

Jill-Biden.jpg

Comment

From USA Today: "The first lady apologizes that her words conveyed anything but pure admiration and love for the Latino community,” Biden's spokesperson Michael LaRosa tweeted Tuesday.

That's hilarious. Nobody ever suggested her comment was meant to be insulting or hostile, but only how it reveals her hidden snobbery and view of Hispanics.

"But Dr. Jill just loves those little brown people. She really admires them and wants to hug them."

Should we all define Dr. Jill as caviar and French wine? Maybe "elitist dingbat" might be better.

Comment

The only unforgivable sin against Hispanic culture comes in the form of a hard shell taco.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                          The only unforgivable sin against Hispanic culture comes in the form of a hard shell taco.
                          Even hard shell Baptists prefer soft shell tacos.

Comment

I eat em both ways but prefer hard shells.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              I eat em both ways but prefer hard shells.
                              Heathen.

I bet you put ketchup on hot dogs, too.

Comment