Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How will we manage...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will we manage...

...with no Guidestones? Er meh Gird!

I can't believe this made world news. These things were more famous than I thought. I've always thought the anonymous creator, who operated under the pseudonym R.C. Christianson, was some self perceived elite hipster that oh so secretly used his inherited money to erect these things because he was such an enlightened uber guru that scored a lot of hot hippie chicks, and always had the dankest weed.

I had never heard of this until I saw the question on certain social media circles of whether Christians should applaud its destruction or not, which says more about me than anything else.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post
      ...with no Guidestones? Er meh Gird!

I can't believe this made world news. These things were more famous than I thought. I've always thought the anonymous creator, who operated under the pseudonym R.C. Christianson, was some self perceived elite hipster that oh so secretly used his inherited money to erect these things because he was such an enlightened uber guru that scored a lot of hot hippie chicks, and always had the dankest weed.
      Interestingly, several years back a documentary uncovered the likely anonymous creator. During an interview with someone (the banker or the land owner, can't remember), they got him to bring out a box with correspondences with the funder. One of them, after reviewing the video, had a return address to Herbert Kersten (not very creative, just changed Herbert to Robert and Kersten to Christian).

Herbert Kersten, a doctor, was an avid supporter of David Duke, and also friends with another white supremacist who was a eugenicist (which explains some of the points on the guidestones). He also was good friends with one of the early 'decoding the guidestones' authors who published a book in the 80s.

Comment

I've lived here since the early 70s and I think I've only heard mention of this all of one time.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Interestingly, several years back a documentary uncovered the likely anonymous creator. During an interview with someone (the banker or the land owner, can't remember), they got him to bring out a box with correspondences with the funder. One of them, after reviewing the video, had a return address to Herbert Kersten (not very creative, just changed Herbert to Robert and Kersten to Christian).

Herbert Kersten, a doctor, was an avid supporter of David Duke, and also friends with another white supremacist who was a eugenicist (which explains some of the points on the guidestones). He also was good friends with one of the early 'decoding the guidestones' authors who published a book in the 80s.
          Here's a short video about Kersten I just found. Interesting. I have never heard this before:

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            I had never heard of this until I saw the question on certain social media circles of whether Christians should applaud its destruction or not, which says more about me than anything else.
            The tablets had a lot of new age ideas and instructions, like keeping the earth population under 500,000.

There was also a time capsule buried there on this site. I wonder if they will go ahead and open it. They may as well at this point.

Comment

It turns out there was no time capsule at all.

From the Elberton Star July 8,2022:

Despite the granite plaque at the Georgia Guidestones advertising a time capsule was allegedly buried at the site, there was no evidence of any buried history when digging occurred Friday morning.

The Elbert County Road Department removed the plaque Friday morning and placed it on a truck to be transported to its new home at the Elberton Granite Museum.

After being removed, the department dug six feet in the ground below where the granite marker was placed as it described a time capsule being buried six feet below.

There was no evidence of previous digging as Georgia red clay was packed tightly at the bottom.

Elberton Granite Association Executive Vice President Chris Kubas said Friday morning that the granite marker was not placed at the site at the same time the Guidestones were unveiled in 1980. The marker included directions to the granite museum, which Kubas said did not exist until 1982.

Satirical rumors from a “Straight Talk Habersham” group claiming a time capsule was opened circulated social media Thursday evening before the location of the alleged time capsule was dug.

The information provided was false.

https://www.elberton.com/local-regio...sule-disproved

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post
                It turns out there was no time capsule at all.

From the Elberton Star July 8,2022:

Despite the granite plaque at the Georgia Guidestones advertising a time capsule was allegedly buried at the site, there was no evidence of any buried history when digging occurred Friday morning.

The Elbert County Road Department removed the plaque Friday morning and placed it on a truck to be transported to its new home at the Elberton Granite Museum.

After being removed, the department dug six feet in the ground below where the granite marker was placed as it described a time capsule being buried six feet below.

There was no evidence of previous digging as Georgia red clay was packed tightly at the bottom.

Elberton Granite Association Executive Vice President Chris Kubas said Friday morning that the granite marker was not placed at the site at the same time the Guidestones were unveiled in 1980. The marker included directions to the granite museum, which Kubas said did not exist until 1982.

Satirical rumors from a “Straight Talk Habersham” group claiming a time capsule was opened circulated social media Thursday evening before the location of the alleged time capsule was dug.

The information provided was false.

https://www.elberton.com/local-regio...sule-disproved
                Should've been a plaque there saying "Made Ya Look!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Should've been a plaque there saying "Made Ya Look!"
                  Now THAT was funny.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Now THAT was funny.
                    Can you prove that?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Can you prove that?

It's my opinion, and that's proof enough!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment