Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Defend yourself, get charged with murder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

*sigh*

There's a... um... 7-11? Not sure. It was at one time, not sure now.
    Yup - 7-Eleven.

Anyhoo, it's at one end of a bridge here in town, and the Big Event of this summer is that the council ok'd a Sheetz at t'other end of the bridge. Leveled a bunch of nice old houses to make room for the atrocity. Supposably, it's going to "bring in jobs."
    Then there's "the bridge to nowhere".
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      One of my friends pointed out that they're called kiosks here.
      Maybe 'Dr.' Jill Biden should have gone with that, cause she sure can't pronounce bodega.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Maybe 'Dr.' Jill Biden should have gone with that, cause she sure can't pronounce bodega.
        Could be worse...

From the same speech:

Source: Jill Biden slammed for comparing Latino people to tacos in what Hispanic journalists called a 'stereotype'

• In a speech, Jill Biden called the Latino community as "unique as the breakfast tacos here in San Antonio."
        • The National Association of Hispanic Journalists responded: "Do not reduce us to stereotypes."
        • Biden's spokesperson said she "apologizes" that her words were seen as "anything but pure admiration and love."

A Hispanic journalists' group slammed the first lady, Jill Biden, for a Monday speech in which she compared diversity among Latinos to the uniqueness of breakfast tacos.

Biden was addressing the progressive Latino nonprofit group UnidosUS in San Antonio, Texas, where she said one of the group's former presidents built it with diversity in mind.

She said Raul Yzaguirre built it "with the understanding that the diversity of this community, as distinct as the bodegas of the Bronx, as beautiful as the blossoms of Miami, and as unique as the breakfast tacos here in San Antonio, is your strength." She also mispronounced the Spanish word "bodegas" in that line of the speech.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Could be worse...

From the same speech:

Source: Jill Biden slammed for comparing Latino people to tacos in what Hispanic journalists called a 'stereotype'

• In a speech, Jill Biden called the Latino community as "unique as the breakfast tacos here in San Antonio."
          • The National Association of Hispanic Journalists responded: "Do not reduce us to stereotypes."
          • Biden's spokesperson said she "apologizes" that her words were seen as "anything but pure admiration and love."

A Hispanic journalists' group slammed the first lady, Jill Biden, for a Monday speech in which she compared diversity among Latinos to the uniqueness of breakfast tacos.

Biden was addressing the progressive Latino nonprofit group UnidosUS in San Antonio, Texas, where she said one of the group's former presidents built it with diversity in mind.

She said Raul Yzaguirre built it "with the understanding that the diversity of this community, as distinct as the bodegas of the Bronx, as beautiful as the blossoms of Miami, and as unique as the breakfast tacos here in San Antonio, is your strength." She also mispronounced the Spanish word "bodegas" in that line of the speech.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

And they - the Latino community - apparently REALLY resent AOC's brand of trying to force "latinx" on them.

Comment

And they - the Latino community - apparently REALLY resent AOC's brand of trying to force "latinx" on them.
            Something tells me that on average more Latinas are like Mayra Flores than they are Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Something tells me that on average more Latinas are like Mayra Flores than they are Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
              And the Libs are driving them that way every day.

Comment

And the Libs are driving them that way every day.
                If what looks to be taking place is really happening, Republicans can base their campaigns around "Remember what they did when they were in charge?" for a generation.

Comment

If what looks to be taking place is really happening, Republicans can base their campaigns around "Remember what they did when they were in charge?" for a generation.
                  Yes, while I'm cautiously optimistic, I know how badly the Republicans can screw up a nearly guaranteed win.

Comment

They do have a habit of nominating some unelectable candidates as we've seen in recent years.

Moreover, if Trump announces that he plans to run again -- and does so before the primaries -- that will cause a bunch of campaigns to become about Trump[1] and not what the Democrats have done.

1. As every Republican candidate will be incessantly asked about that and to comment on Trump's every utterance.

Comment

NYC judge drops murder charge against bodega worker after Manhattan DA backtracks

https://www.foxnews.com/us/manhattan...eadly-stabbing

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        NYC judge drops murder charge against bodega worker after Manhattan DA backtracks

but never should have gone that far.

Comment

but never should have gone that far.
                          Well he was a breakfast tacos, so....
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

It was a weak backtrack too.

Comment