Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Natural gas and nuclear now green...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Businesses do not make investments if they do not expect to show strong, risk-adjusted, after-tax returns on a present value basis. Few businesses would spend billions to expand capacity under a regime that has made clear the business case is terminal, and the prognosis is perhaps a decade.
    I don't understand why that's such a difficult concept for liberals to grasp, unless they're just purposefully ignorant or in denial.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      "Businesses do not make investments if they do not expect to show strong, risk-adjusted, after-tax returns on a present value basis. Few businesses would spend billions to expand capacity under a regime that has made clear the business case is terminal, and the prognosis is perhaps a decade."
      Oil companies know that we're going to have to end fossil fuel. They've known longer than we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Oil companies know that we're going to have to end fossil fuel. They've known longer than we have.
        End when? And, when you have a POTUS who ran on "I'm going to shut it down" - that's a whole lot different than "eventually ending".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

End when? And, when you have a POTUS who ran on "I'm going to shut it down" - that's a whole lot different than "eventually ending".
          What he ran on was "no new drilling on federal lands and water".

True, he is prone to misstatements, but oil company executives are probably smart enough to note the clarifications.

Comment

You need to remember, you're talking to a guy who insisted that an email to Fauci the Fraud's department thanking them for approving funding for gain of function research, doesn't prove that they approved funding for gain of function research. You are never going to convince him of anything that goes against his preferred narrative.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I showed you the video - his own words.

True, he is prone to misstatements, but oil company executives are probably smart enough to note the clarifications.

"prone to misstatements"

"prone to misstatements"

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

You need to remember, you're talking to a guy who insisted that an email to Fauci the Fraud's department thanking them for approving funding for gain of function research, doesn't prove that they approved funding for gain of function research. You are never going to convince him of anything that goes against his preferred narrative.
                Still laughing at "prone to misstatements".

Comment

[QUOT

And lies.

Comment

Still laughing at "prone to misstatements".
                    Have we ever had a president who requires as much "clarification" from his staff as Joe? And now we have his incompetent press secretary who can't even do that much and says things like, "I didn't see that part of his speech, so I have no comment."
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                      And lies.
                      Lots of lies. And misremembered stories told over and over again even after they are debunked.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Have we ever had a president who requires as much "clarification" from his staff as Joe? And now we have his incompetent press secretary who can't even do that much and says things like, "I didn't see that part of his speech, so I have no comment."
                        I think my favorite was when Peter was questioning her about Biden's voice mail, and she tried her best to dodge, then said "I'll have to refer you to Hunter Biden's spokesperson" or something like that.
                        We have to ask HUNTER about something JOE Said?

Comment

I think my favorite was when Peter was questioning her about Biden's voice mail, and she tried her best to dodge, then said "I'll have to refer you to Hunter Biden's spokesperson" or something like that.
                          Karine Jean-Pierre won’t discuss Biden voicemail on Hunter’s laptop

[ bolding mine ]

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre refused to discuss a 2018 voicemail from President Biden that was recovered from a laptop that belonged to his son Hunter — further undermining Biden’s claim that he never discussed foreign business deals with his son.

“Why is there a voicemail of the president talking to his son about his overseas business dealings if the president has said he’s never spoken to his son about his overseas business dealings?” Fox News correspondent Peter Doocy asked Jean-Pierre at her regular briefing Tuesday.

“Well, first I’ll say that what the president said stands. So if he — that’s what the president said, that is what stands,” Jean-Pierre replied.

“He’s leaving a voicemail about a New York Times article concerning Hunter Biden’s business dealings and he says, ‘I think you’re clear,’ ” Doocy interjected. “How is that not him talking to his son about his overseas business dealings?”

“We’re not, from this podium — I’m not going to talk about alleged materials from the laptop,” Jean-Pierre replied.

“Are you disputing that this is the president’s voice on the voicemail?” Doocy pressed.

“I am not going to talk about alleged materials from the laptop,” Jean-Pierre maintained. “Peter, I refer you to his son’s representatives.”

Comment

White House Press Secretary Can’t Explain Why America's Emergency Oil Is Being Sent Overseas

The poor child is SO unprepared for this job. HOWEVER, she checks several boxes on the diversity scale!

Speaking to reporters at the White House Tuesday afternoon, Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre was asked why an emergency supply of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve is being sent to foreign countries while Americans struggle with high prices as the gas pump. She claimed she wasn't aware of the situation.

"There's a Reuters report out this morning that says that more than 5 million barrels of oil that were released from the emergency oil reserves were exported to Europe and Asia last month, and some of it, reportedly, was actually heading to China. Is the administration aware of those reports? And does the president mind that some of this oil that was meant to ease paying for consumers is headed overseas?" a reporter asked.

"I have not seen that report, so I would honestly have to go look into it and see what, what the truth is in that, in that statement that you just laid out and see exactly what's happening. I just have not seen that report," Jean-Pierre responded.

Comment

She could have spun that, if she was more clever. Just say "President Biden said he never discussed his business dealings with his son. A voicemail is not a discussion." But she's a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

She could have spun that, if she was more clever. Just say "President Biden said he never discussed his business dealings with his son. A voicemail is not a discussion." But she's a moron.
                                Maybe she knows there's more than just that voicemail!

Comment