Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Tale of Brittney Griner...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

292936186_10220793931910311_8311075336711442358_n.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It will definitely be a humbling experience if she comes home.

Comment

I just don't get the connection between the two. There really is no logical reason to be having the national anthem before sporting events; its not done in other contexts in everyday life, and not seeing a reason to engage in it doesn't make one a bad person.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          I just don't get the connection between the two. There really is no logical reason to be having the national anthem before sporting events; its not done in other contexts in everyday life, and not seeing a reason to engage in it doesn't make one a bad person.
          The problem is that she was so against it. It was a political complaint on her part, you know because we are such a horrible racist nation...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

She did more than just not engaging in it. She spoke out against it. That doesn't make her a bad person but it is ironic watching her begging for help now from the country she holds in such contempt.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              She did more than just not engaging in it. She spoke out against it. That doesn't make her a bad person but it is ironic watching her begging for help now from the country she holds in such contempt.
              It's the most glaring irony of recent times. She'll come back a radically changed person i'm sure. Hopefully her testimony will be a voice of reason to the woke generation.

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post

It's the most glaring irony of recent times. She'll come back a radically changed person i'm sure. Hopefully her testimony will be a voice of reason to the woke generation.
                I thought I posted on this earlier, but can't find it, but it seems that some of those close to her are blaming American racism, homophobia or whatever for her arrest and prosecution in Russia. Can't be positive that she doesn't harbor similar odd views.

Comment

The only connection is the irony. Honestly, I couldn't care less about the anthem before sporting events because I never watch that part on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    I thought I posted on this earlier, but can't find it, but it seems that some of those close to her are blaming American racism, homophobia or whatever for her arrest and prosecution in Russia. Can't be positive that she doesn't harbor similar odd views.
                    I suspect that whenever she's released, she'll return to the US more angry and bitter than ever.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Comment

I spent 40 days and nights in jail once. It was very transformative on the level of the soul. My soul transformed while I was jail. Something in me changed and I have never been the same since. I don't think the same having done that kind of time. Plus, the whole 40 days and nights thing scared the living daylights out of me to. I knew around day 20 at my first bond hearing, when I was denied a bond, I knew, something deep within told me that I was going to be in jail for 40 days and 40 nights, and i'll be damn I got out on the morning of 41st day. That alone scared me in a very deep existential way.

One time, I was the only white guy in the pod. That's another story, another experience. Jail can be scary, and it can scare you into a new perspective of life. I pray God's Will be done with this girl. I don't know what that could be but I pray God's Hand be upon her and protect her and grow her soul.

Comment

The actual, real irony here is that Biden is promising her to do everything he can to get released. Yet there are thousands of people currently in prison in this country due to violations of US Federal marijuana possession regulations. And will he free them? Nosiree.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                            The actual, real irony here is that Biden is promising her to do everything he can to get released. Yet there are thousands of people currently in prison in this country due to violations of US Federal marijuana possession regulations. And will he free them? Nosiree.
                            Pfft. And just how many boxes will old Joe get to check off for doing so.

And remember it only really counts if a fawning press covers it.

Comment

Seems like Joe is either not doing anything at all, or Russia has told him to get lost.

Comment

Griner convicted, sentenced to nine years in prison with time served.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...-years-prison/

Comment