Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Tale of Brittney Griner...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tale of Brittney Griner...

Brittney did her best to get the National Anthem axed before games, now she is begging America to save her. Perhaps now she will have more appreciation for the freedoms her own country offers.

Brittney Griner: National anthem has no place in WNBA, sports

https://www.yahoo.com/video/wnb-as-b...222810318.html

Brittney Griner calls on White House to bring her, other Americans detained in Russia home: 'I miss my family'

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/britt...ns-russia-home
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

I was a bit surprised that my buddy, who is black, a former pro basketball player, and a pretty heavy pot smoker, has absolutely no sympathy for her.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I was a bit surprised that my buddy, who is black, a former pro basketball player, and a pretty heavy pot smoker, has absolutely no sympathy for her.
      I wonder how she will do in a Russian women's prison....She is looking at 5-10 years, not only that she is gay which not a good look in Russia...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

I wonder how she will do in a Russian women's prison....She is looking at 5-10 years, not only that she is gay which not a good look in Russia...
        Not to mention this isn't probably the best time to be an American in Russia.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The response from the White House says she is being wrongfully detainied by Russian authorities. Are they suggesting that she didn't bring an illegal substances into the country? How do they know?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Not to mention this isn't probably the best time to be an American in Russia.
            No kidding, I don't think she has a snow ball's chance of getting released...

Comment

No kidding, I don't think she has a snow ball's chance of getting released...
              Yeah, she's going to serve time. In a Russian jail as an easily identified lesbian American.

I doubt she serves the full sentence she gets though.

Comment

Yeah, she's going to serve time. In a Russian jail as an easily identified lesbian American.

I doubt she serves the full sentence she gets though.
                I wonder if she is still so offended by the National Anthem...

Comment

At this point I think she would be happy to sing it standing nude in freezing weather while waving a huge American flag if it meant she could get out of Russia.

Comment

griner.jpg
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      The Biden Administration has called her arrest "illegal" but hasn't explained why they think so. Surveillance video shows her standing with her luggage being picked out by a drug sniffing dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        The response from the White House says she is being wrongfully detainied by Russian authorities. Are they suggesting that she didn't bring an illegal substances into the country? How do they know?
                        To be fair it would not be shocking that the Russians might lie or plant something on someone to arrest them.

On the other hand she looks like the sort that would use it, so it's hard to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Honestly, I'm not sure I see the hypocrisy here. Being opposed to the National Anthem being played before games, and wanting the US government to come to your rescue after being detained by a hostile foreign country don't really seem to be mutually exclusive positions.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Honestly, I'm not sure I see the hypocrisy here. Being opposed to the National Anthem being played before games, and wanting the US government to come to your rescue after being detained by a hostile foreign country don't really seem to be mutually exclusive positions.
                            Yeah it's more ironic than hypocritical.

Now, had she denounced the U.S. itself, that would be different.

Comment

Biden spoke with her wife: President Biden speaks to wife of Brittney Griner, drafts letter to send WNBA star detained in Russia

Jason Whitlock, who has bounced between ESPN and Fox Sports for several years and is now at Blaze Media, wrote something regarding some of the coverage about her (self-inflicted) ordeal, but unfortunately brings in, IMHBAO, an unnecessary contrasting to J6 at the end[1]

After describing how seeing various movies where Americans broke the law overseas and suffered terrible consequences, and how that reinforced in him a commitment never to break the law in a foreign country...

I bring all this up to make a point about Brittney Griner, the WNBA player jailed in Russia for possessing a small amount of hashish at a Russian airport. She’s suffering in a "Wokedown Palace." I don’t make the reference to vilify Griner. Who knows whether she really broke the law? I certainly don’t.

Brittney Griner got arrested in the absolute wrong place at the absolute wrong time.

It baffles me that the American media are attempting to make what’s happening to Griner an example of American racism. The Los Angeles Times recently published a piece by the great Bill Plaschke that vilified America for what’s happening to Brittney Griner in Russia. The piece argues that American racism is the reason Griner isn’t at home safe, sound, and spending the millions she earned playing basketball in Russia.

Plaschke wrote: “She’s black. She’s covered in tattoos. She has dreadlocks. She’s gay. She doesn’t fit America’s image of the ideal female athlete, so America is pretty much shrugging. If this had been Brady, we’d be going to war right now.”

Plaschke quoted Griner’s WNBA coach Vanessa Nygaard making this allegation: “If it was LeBron James, he’d be home, right? It’s a statement about the value of women, it’s a statement about the value of a black person. It’s a statement about the value of a gay person – all those things. We know it and so that’s what hurts a little more.”

Russia locks up a 6-foot-8 black woman for a tiny amount of hash, and it’s America’s fault. Really? What’s the matter with us? Are we really filled with this much self-hate?

I have experience in dealing with a foreign country that wrongly incarcerated a black American citizen. In 2016, Chinese police arrested a former Ball State University linebacker, Wendell Brown, for a minor bar altercation. Wendell spent three years locked up inside a Chinese prison. For his release, China’s corrupt criminal justice system required that the alleged “victim” needed to be paid $40,000. I paid it. Wendell came home in September 2019. He’s a great young man.

Chinese culture is hostile toward black people – unless you’re tall and play basketball. LeBron James won’t tell you that. No one associated with the NBA will state this obvious fact. Money is their ruler, not truth.

Like LeBron James, Brittney Griner is a globalist. She’ll go anywhere and say anything for the paycheck. Dissatisfied with her WNBA salary, Griner traveled to Russia to earn her millions. There’s a cost to the global agenda – a loss of American rights, customs, and freedom.

Griner earns approximately $221,000 a season in the WNBA. That’s a more than fair salary for a league that loses millions of dollars each year and is basically a charity financed by the NBA. WNBA players and their supporters disagree. American sexism is why WNBA players don’t earn millions playing a game virtually no one in America will pay to watch. According to the globalists, America is always the bad guy. America is always evil.

Griner is getting a taste of Russian oppression. It tastes like 1800s America, a time Griner knows nothing about. We can only hope that when she does return to America, she’ll muster the courage to sing this country’s praises.

This week, she wrote President Joe Biden a letter begging him to secure her release. WNBA and NBA players have spent the last five years demonizing America. Griner refused to stand for the national anthem. LeBron James and the NBA swallowed the entire Black Lives Matter agenda. Sitting in a Russian jail, Griner has rediscovered her patriotism.

[...]

The knowing not to break the law in other countries was why my friend had little sympathy for her as he played over there and had a career ending accident while in Eastern Europe. He mentioned how one of his friends brought him some hashish (cannabis resin) when he got out of the hospital and how paranoid he was when he was smoking it, in the bathroom under the ceiling vent van. His point was, she knew what she was risking. And I'll add taking it on a plane wasn't the smartest move.

All that said... 10 years?

1. The title as well, but that might have been an editor or someone else's decision.

Comment