Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

4th of July parade erupts into chaos...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post

Well....270 is a Winchester round, of course Remington makes rifles chambered in it but, It's not a .270 Remington Cartridge. There is a .30 Remington though that can be chambered in an AR-15...maybe that's the one you were thinking of. The .270 Winchester is a necked down 30.06 neither of which would have a snowballs chance in the hot place of chambering in a AR-15 action. AR-15 is a relatively short action, chambering shorter bullets which of course, (obviously) as you pointed out, results in a lower power cartridge.

Yeah, a lot of people forget about the AR-10's. Their not nearly as popular but...they still look like an AR-15 but can be chambered in some pretty high powered rounds.
    I'm pleading pain killers which is my story and I'm sticking to it.

I injured my big toe around the end of last month and managed to really do a number on it July 5th.

I've broken that toe twice before.

I've broken several bones, but this one is up there on the pain scale. It was raw nearly incessant pain the whole day. The next morning was better but there were on again off again periods throughout the day.

So having a good deal of experience with broken bones and knowing what a doctor can do for them and what they can't, I took some OxyContin.

Doing much better today (no pain killers, not even OTC so far). A lot like it was two days after the initial injury.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      The stuff simply laying about the house (particularly, kitchens, bathrooms and garages) and what could be made from it could shock you. And I'm not talking about needing a machine shop or a chemists degree.
      Like say a 9v battery and a bit of wire?
      We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by alaskazimm View Post

I think a rail gun would need a bit more than that - but I could be wrong. Of course I've only seen one (and then only on TV), the Tokiwadai Railgun, but it seems they are scarily effective.
        Last edited by tabibito; 07-07-2022, 01:22 PM.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

I think a rail gun would need a bit more than that - but I could be wrong.
          It's a great fire-starter. :)

Comment

Originally posted by alaskazimm View Post

Jumper cables have been shown to be effective. Wanna demo?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

I think a rail gun would need a bit more than that - but I could be wrong. Of course I've only seen one (and then only on TV), the Tokiwadai Railgun, but it seems they are scarily effective.
              12 volt for the El Cheapo Home-made, Improvised stripped down basic model

Comment

Jumper cables have been shown to be effective. Wanna demo?
                Lemme put on my Gumby suit!

gumby.jpg

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Lemme put on my Gumby suit!

gumby.jpg
                  Nose and lips it is.

Comment

The stuff simply laying about the house (particularly, kitchens, bathrooms and garages) and what could be made from it could shock you. And I'm not talking about needing a machine shop or a chemists degree.
                    I'm hesitant to post the name of it, but a book of "recipes" for things like bombs and other weapons used to be readily available at bookstores. I doubt you could find it now, and searching for the title of it online will probably get you flagged by law enforcement.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I'm hesitant to post the name of it, but a book of "recipes" for things like bombs and other weapons used to be readily available at bookstores. I doubt you could find it now, and searching for the title of it online will probably get you flagged by law enforcement.
                      If you're referring to something that revolutionary anarchists have been using to cook stuff up, the the thing is possibly more dangerous to those using it than their proposed targets. Aside from the handling and transportation advice (which IIRC came from military manuals) there is a lot of dangerous advice in it.

Comment

If you're referring to something that revolutionary anarchists have been using to cook stuff up, the the thing is possibly more dangerous to those using it than their proposed targets. Aside from the handling and transportation advice (which IIRC came from military manuals) there is a lot of dangerous advice in it.
                        It was still enough to give people a starting point.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It was still enough to give people a starting point.
                          My strong advice would be to keep the front portion (on methods for safe storing, handing and transporting of explosives) and use the rest for kindling.

Comment

Nearby Chicago had more shooting deaths and injuries on the 4th of July weekend than this mass shooting in the Highland Park suburb.

8 dead and 68 injured in Chicago itself. 7 killed, 46 injured in the Highland Park mass shooting.

Kamala Harris, Tammy Duckworth, the Illinois Governor all came to visit Highland Park and the families/victims after the shooting. None of them went the 45 minute drive south into Chicago to visit those victims and their families.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/09/us/ch...eaj/index.html
                            Last edited by Gondwanaland; 07-09-2022, 11:35 AM.

Comment

We already know liberals don't care if black people kill each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                                Nearby Chicago had more shooting deaths and injuries on the 4th of July weekend than this mass shooting in the Highland Park suburb.

8 dead and 68 injured in Chicago itself. 7 killed, 46 injured in the Highland Park mass shooting.

Kamala Harris, Tammy Duckworth, the Illinois Governor all came to visit Highland Park and the families/victims after the shooting. None of them went the 45 minute drive south into Chicago to visit those victims and their families.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/09/us/ch...eaj/index.html
                                That cannot be exploited to push an agenda so it gets ignored for the most part.

Comment