Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mass Shooting at Denmark Shopping Center - Multiple Injured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass Shooting at Denmark Shopping Center - Multiple Injured

No reports of deaths so far but multiple have been injured in the Capitol city of Copenhagen. Going by the current MSM definition, this fits as a mass shooting even if (hopefully) no one dies.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tre-say-police

https://www.foxnews.com/world/denmar...-concert-venue

Denmark has one of the strictest sets of gun control laws in the entirety of Europe. You can only own an air-powered BB gun (and only of a certain small caliber) without a license. Even many airsoft gas propelled "guns" require a license.

Latest reports are that several were killed.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...hagen-denmark/

I don't think this is going to sway anybody in the gun control debate. Those against gun control will hold this up as an example of the worthlessness of gun control legislation, and those in favor of gun control will point out how rare this sort of thing is in a country like Denmark compared to the United States.

All we can really do is pray for the victims and their families that God will give them comfort.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

CNN is also reporting there are "several dead"

Let's not try to score political points on this, okay

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Three confirmed dead, four wounded.

Police said that the suspect is "known among psychiatric services."

The 22 year old man will be charged with manslaughter with police saying it wasn't terrorist-related because he seemed to pick random victims.

The gunman accused of fatally shooting three people at a mall in Copenhagen this weekend most likely did not have a terrorist motive and was known to the mental health services in Denmark, the authorities said on Monday.

“Our assessment is that these are random victims,” Soren Thomassen, chief inspector of the Copenhagen police, said a day after the shootings shocked a country where such attacks are rare. “There is no evidence to support a terrorist act,” he added.

Excuse me, but how does that automatically make it not terrorist-related?

CNN reported that Reuters has identified the man, who is simply referred to as a "22 year old Dutch man" in all reports, as Omar Hussein, a gang member who served time in jail after "being convicted of a knife attack aboard a commuter train" -- but I can't find anything on the interwebz, even after putting the quote in the search bar.
        About a 2015 Copenhagen shooting
        Last edited by rogue06; 07-04-2022, 06:56 AM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

The 22 year old man will be charged with manslaughter with police saying it wasn't terrorist-related because he seemed to pick random victims.

The gunman accused of fatally shooting three people at a mall in Copenhagen this weekend most likely did not have a terrorist motive and was known to the mental health services in Denmark, the authorities said on Monday.

“Our assessment is that these are random victims,” Soren Thomassen, chief inspector of the Copenhagen police, said a day after the shootings shocked a country where such attacks are rare. “There is no evidence to support a terrorist act,” he added.

CNN reported that Reuters has identified the man, who is simply referred to as a "22 year old Dutch man" in all reports, as Omar Hussein, a gang member who served time in jail after "being convicted of a knife attack aboard a commuter train" -- but I can't find anything on the interwebz, even after putting the quote in the search bar.
          "There is no evidence to support a terrorist attack" tends to indicate that no links to terrorists have been found. Even more so with known gang connections being evident, but further investigation might reveal things that are not yet known.

The nationality of the shooter is quite clear - "Omar Hussein" is so obviously a long known traditional name originating in the Netherlands, after all. Well, except that people occasionally change their names when they convert to Islam.
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Lol guess 9/11 wasn't a terrorist attack because the victims were random.

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

"There is no evidence to support a terrorist attack" tends to indicate that no links to terrorists have been found. Even more so with known gang connections being evident, but further investigation might reveal things that are not yet known.

The nationality of the shooter is quite clear - "Omar Hussein" is so obviously a long known traditional name originating in the Netherlands, after all. Well, except that people occasionally change their names when they convert to Islam.
              The CNN report is one from 2015 not the one from a few days ago. Police indicate the shooter was an "ethnic Dane."

Comment

The CNN report is one from 2015 not the one from a few days ago. Police indicate the shooter was an "ethnic Dane."
                Ah - carelessness on my part. Thanks.
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Ah - carelessness on my part. Thanks.
                  Not nearly as much as on mine.

Just glad I caught it before someone else did.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Lol guess 9/11 wasn't a terrorist attack because the victims were random.
                    I would not interpret his comments as "it was not a terrorist attack because the victims were random."

Comment