Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Happy Independence Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Independence Day!

291647837_549345570003867_8312153305099513231_n.jpg
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Good guys with guns fighting the Baddies!

(unless, of course, WE are the baddies )
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

happy treason day.jpg

Just kidding. Have a wonderful celebration of your country's independence from tyranny! May it be so for all of us who live under oppression now!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Good guys with guns fighting the Baddies!

(unless, of course, WE are the baddies )

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            happy treason day.jpg

Just kidding. Have a wonderful celebration of your country's independence from tyranny! May it be so for all of us who live under oppression now!
            There is a cartoon that represents the countries as flag-painted balls where Britain is hoping that
            maybe this year things will be different, that the U.S. won't go overboard celebrating,
            but I cannot find it anywhere. So this will have to do for now

691ge5hq1s851.jpg

Comment

Country envy...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Country envy...
                Not these days.........

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

One of the houses I was delivering to this weekend put up a large Canadian flag.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

"...almost that That day again"?

At least this thread calls it by the correct name.
                    When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      One of the houses I was delivering to this weekend put up a large Canadian flag.
                      Why?

Comment

Why?
                        I can't know for sure but I have a good guess. It was put up the day before Fourth of July in a radically liberal town that is furious over Roe v Wade. At least it wasn't there the last time I drove past the house.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I can't know for sure but I have a good guess. It was put up the day before Fourth of July in a radically liberal town that is furious over Roe v Wade. At least it wasn't there the last time I drove past the house.
                          Yup. That would explain it, ok. Because, Trudeau.

Comment

Yup. That would explain it, ok. Because, Trudeau.
                            I forgot it's Canada Day around now so in fairness they could just be Canadian.

The trope of Canada being better was around long before anyone had ever heard of Justin Trudeau, though. Most Americans probably don't even know who he is.

Comment

I forgot it's Canada Day around now so in fairness they could just be Canadian.

The trope of Canada being better was around long before anyone had ever heard of Justin Trudeau, though. Most Americans probably don't even know who he is.
                              Yeah. Dominion Day (I refuse to call it Canada Day, my granddaughter could have come up with a better name when she was 5) was on Friday.

And I'm sure a lot more Americans know about Trudeau now than they did a year ago. After the Freedom Convoy arrests and Emergency Act being enforced in February, the whole world knows a lot more about him than they probably ever wanted to.

Comment