Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Seattle Preacher Arrested For Reading The Bible in Public...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Hmmmm.... demonic... why would that be? (Romans 1:28)
    That judgment is not coming. It is already here. We have been given over to depraved minds.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Well, lemme splain to you where you're wrong about that. You see... um.... black conservatives... uh.... Uncle Toms to the left.....

OK, you're right.
      In fact, he probably would have been treated with even more aggression by the cops had he been a black man reading a bible. They might not have even given him ultimatums before his head was slammed into the concrete.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

In fact, he probably would have been treated with even more aggression by the cops had he been a black man reading a bible. They might not have even given him ultimatums before his head was slammed into the concrete.
        Yes, sir - dem black folk need to stays on the plantation and be proper....

It really does amaze me, still, how racist the left is.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I am not so sure how accurate I should necessarily consider the article to be. Daily Wire is hardly a neutral source. Further, looking at the article, it seems like the entire account is taken from the preacher himself--or, at least, I see no other attribution for anything else in it.

Oftentimes, stories like this end up having some kind of important contextual information that's lacking that ends up making things make more sense. That could be the case here. Certainly I'd want verification of his claims by someone other than just him (e.g. "A Seattle street preacher says he was arrested for simply reading his Bible at a public park near a Seattle Gay Pride event" is attributed specifically to him, but not without apparent verification from anyone else)

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
            I am not so sure how accurate I should necessarily consider the article to be. Daily Wire is hardly a neutral source. Further, looking at the article, it seems like the entire account is taken from the preacher himself--or, at least, I see no other attribution for anything else in it.

Oftentimes, stories like this end up having some kind of important contextual information that's lacking that ends up making things make more sense. That could be the case here. Certainly I'd want verification of his claims by someone other than just him (e.g. "A Seattle street preacher says he was arrested for simply reading his Bible at a public park near a Seattle Gay Pride event" is attributed specifically to him, but not without apparent verification from anyone else)
            Well, I saw a video purporting to be an account of this, and it's unmistakable that they are tearing pages out of a Bible, and multiple such pages are on the ground with people kicking them (the pages) and a torn up Bible, and they're yelling things that cause me not to be able to post the video because it's got the F-bomb prominently throughout.

What I cannot attest to from that video is that he was arrested for this.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well, I saw a video purporting to be an account of this, and it's unmistakable that they are tearing pages out of a Bible, and multiple such pages are on the ground with people kicking them (the pages) and a torn up Bible, and they're yelling things that cause me not to be able to post the video because it's got the F-bomb prominently throughout.

What I cannot attest to from that video is that he was arrested for this.
              OK, here is the video where he is actually being arrested. The video backs up his account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtGME3jKxks

Comment

I've found several reports of the incident, none by "unbiased" sources, and AFAICT, all relying on the preacher's own accounts of the incident.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                  I've found several reports of the incident, none by "unbiased" sources, and AFAICT, all relying on the preacher's own accounts of the incident.
                  Maybe we crossposted - I put forth a youtube video which backs up his claims.

Comment

Maybe we crossposted - I put forth a youtube video which backs up his claims.
                    I might have accidentally missed it. My computer-readin' glasses broke and I'm making do with wearing two stacked pairs of "other" glasses. Not going well.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

I might have accidentally missed it. My computer-readin' glasses broke and I'm making do with wearing two stacked pairs of "other" glasses. Not going well.
                      All is well. And I've been to Pennsylvania a time or two for the gas compression company for whom I worked -- round about Jeannette.

Comment