Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Seattle Preacher Arrested For Reading The Bible in Public...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle Preacher Arrested For Reading The Bible in Public...

Seattle Preacher Arrested During Pride Event Says ‘Crime’ Was Reading Bible In Park

A Seattle street preacher says he was arrested for simply reading his Bible at a public park near a Seattle Gay Pride event.

Matthew Meinecke was surrounded by Seattle police officers and taken to the police station, where he was fingerprinted before being released.

“So at this point we can no longer stand by,” a police officer told Meinecke as he arrested him. “The risk that you pose for public safety by remaining here can be mitigated if you leave, it’s your last chance.”

“I don’t want to leave because I’m not in danger,” Meinecke responded.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/seatt...mpaign=dwbrand

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Did the police even bother to specify a crime? Why exactly was he arrested? Just for exercising his First Amendment rights?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So, he's reading the Bible, and a bunch of "gay pride" persons assault him with F-word laden verbal attacks.

It really shows what a bunch of foul-mouthed hate-filled vile people they are --- H_A should be so very proud!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        So, he's reading the Bible, and a bunch of "gay pride" persons assault him with F-word laden verbal attacks.

It really shows what a bunch of foul-mouthed hate-filled vile people they are --- H_A should be so very proud!
        The men parading naked in front of children should have been arrested for indecent exposure. Instead, it's the pastor peacefully reading his Bible.

Comment

Why are we shocked and surprised?

We should be expecting this, more and more.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.”
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I am neither shocked nor surprised. I'm just sad to see it come to this. Our Founding Fathers would be appalled if they could see what has happened to the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The men parading naked in front of children should have been arrested for indecent exposure. Instead, it's the pastor peacefully reading his Bible.

Absolutely, but GLBTQX++ running around naked and simulating sex acts are a protected class - a white man reading his Bible is not. We are protecting sin and debauchery and prosecuting righteousness.

Scripture Verse: Isaiah 5:20

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

© Copyright Original Source

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Did the police even bother to specify a crime? Why exactly was he arrested? Just for exercising his First Amendment rights?
                  "The risk that you pose for public safety by remaining here can be mitigated if you leave, it’s your last chance."

The last I heard, a speaker has the right to say controversial things but as long as he isn't instigating anything the duty of the police is to maintain order not arrest the speaker.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

"The risk that you pose for public safety by remaining here can be mitigated if you leave, it’s your last chance."

The last I heard, a speaker has the right to say controversial things but as long as he isn't instigating anything the duty of the police is to maintain order not arrest the speaker.
                    I was actually a bit surprised by how morally vile and aggressive the left was here - almost demonic...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

I was actually a bit surprised by how morally vile and aggressive the left was here - almost demonic...
                      When they're in their own element we see how they behave.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        When they're in their own element we see how they behave.
                        Do these people think they could run a country? A Business? Heck, they couldn't run a lemonade stand...

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Absolutely, but GLBTQX++ running around naked and simulating sex acts are a protected class - a white man reading his Bible is not. We are protecting sin and debauchery and prosecuting righteousness.

Scripture Verse: Isaiah 5:20

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

© Copyright Original Source

I suspect if it had been a black man reading a bible, he would have gotten the same reaction. After all, black conservatives are attacked by the left just the same.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Hmmmm.... demonic... why would that be? (Romans 1:28)

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I suspect if it had been a black man reading a bible, he would have gotten the same reaction. After all, black conservatives are attacked by the left just the same.
                              Well, lemme splain to you where you're wrong about that. You see... um.... black conservatives... uh.... Uncle Toms to the left.....

OK, you're right.

Comment