Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Manchin, Sinema Dash Biden Hopes for Filibuster Change on Abortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by seanD View Post

We would have to assume he was going off script. Being that our domestic issues are none of Europe's business (abortion having absolutely no consequence to Europe's interests), to me it looks like he's expressing to a foreign ally how he's going to defeat his political enemies back in America. That kind of looks bizarre.

I guess I would have to see the presser itself to get a good gauge of the context. Maybe he was asked the question.
    You've seen Biden - he could have been asked "Do you think Russia will press beyond Ukraine" and Biden could go off on a "our economy is the strongest in the world, and inflation is lower than any other country in the universe, and the Supreme Court is a corrupt organization that needs to...."

I actually saw the Presser wasn't paying much attention, so I don't recall how it actually evolved.

In response to a question asking him about what he would tell people, including other world leaders who think America is “going in the wrong direction,” Biden laid hefty blame on the Supreme Court’s monumental decision.

In a video – posted to Twitter by NewsBusters managing editor Curtis Houck – Biden responded, stating, “The one thing that has been destabilizing is the outrageous behavior of the Supreme Court of the United States in overruling not only Roe v. Wade, but essentially challenging the right to privacy.”

“We’ve been a leader in the world in terms of personal rights and privacy rights, and it is a mistake in my view for the Supreme Court to do what it did,” he declared.

Actually, here's the question, and Biden's bird-brained response, filled with demonstrably false claims...

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You are asking the kinds of questions one would ask of a cogent human being, my friend.

I think he's just trying so hard to get somebody to approve of him, and he's pretty well narrowed that down to the extreme loony left.

Heck, he's even lost Starlight!
    Picklemegrandmother!

Do tell.

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied

You are asking the kinds of questions one would ask of a cogent human being, my friend.

I think he's just trying so hard to get somebody to approve of him, and he's pretty well narrowed that down to the extreme loony left.

We would have to assume he was going off script. Being that our domestic issues are none of Europe's business (abortion having absolutely no consequence to Europe's interests), to me it looks like he's expressing to a foreign ally how he's going to defeat his political enemies back in America. That kind of looks bizarre.

I guess I would have to see the presser itself to get a good gauge of the context. Maybe he was asked the question.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

Win back the base in Europe?

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied

I think he's just desperate to win back the base, so he's hammering the abortion thing -- what else has he got?
    Win back the base in Europe?

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

I think he's just desperate to win back the base, so he's hammering the abortion thing -- what else has he got?
    Reminding everyone that he thinks we are in the midst of the greatest "economic recovery America has ever experienced."

Or maybe, how he "outperformed" as president his first year.

Or maybe how the humiliating Afghan bugout was "an outstanding success."

LET'S GO BRANDON!

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Mr PoopyPants is trying SO HARD to be relevant. But it's disgusting that he would march around on stage on foreign soil attacking our own government.
    Especially given how he condemned Trump for attacking the judicial system.

At least Trump didn't go to another country to whine.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

I agree with you, it's odd. I was trying to mull over some reasons why he did that.

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I'm not saying that abortion is necessarily of concern to globalists, simply commenting on why Joe would think to bring up the Supreme Court decision at an international conference when it is otherwise of no relevance to other countries.
    I agree with you, it's odd. I was trying to mull over some reasons why he did that.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

It's odd being that WEF globalists, other than overpopulation fearmongering they used to shove down our throats (though that seems to have waned ever since new data debunked that view), abortion never seemed to be a big part of their agenda. Unless, of course, abortion is part of population control. Either that, or they see it as a device for sowing division and discord in western nation states.
    I'm not saying that abortion is necessarily of concern to globalists, simply commenting on why Joe would think to bring up the Supreme Court decision at an international conference when it is otherwise of no relevance to other countries.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Biden defended the filibuster back when the Republicans brought up getting rid of it.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

I'm wondering why Mr. Braindead feels compelled to spout this off at a NATO conference, as if it's their business what we do in our own country.

And don't a lot of EU countries have even stricter abortion laws than we do, including Germany?
    Yes, but he may not be lying. He may simply be reading the lies handed to him on his "say this" note cards and he's too 'out of it' to even do his own fact checking. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually believed all that horsiepoo was true.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

I'm wondering why Mr. Braindead feels compelled to spout this off at a NATO conference, as if it's their business what we do in our own country.

And don't a lot of EU countries have even stricter abortion laws than we do, including Germany?
    Mr PoopyPants is trying SO HARD to be relevant. But it's disgusting that he would march around on stage on foreign soil attacking our own government.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Did you see his press conference?

It was Putin! Putin! Putin! when asked about inflation, continuing to lie about how our rate of inflation is lower than everyone else's (quite the opposite) all of which kept getting sidetracked into abortion.

It was like listening to Grandpa getting all worked up about the Kaiser.

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It's all part of globalism.
    It's odd being that WEF globalists, other than overpopulation fearmongering they used to shove down our throats (though that seems to have waned ever since new data debunked that view), abortion never seemed to be a big part of their agenda. Unless, of course, abortion is part of population control. Either that, or they see it as a device for sowing division and discord in western nation states.

Leave a comment: