Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Supreme Court: Are You Tired Of Winning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Average tree produces 200 lb of oxygen per year. Average car produces 10141 lb of carbon dioxide per year.
    But Carbon Dioxide is 2/3 Oxygen!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
      Expressing an opinion is not quite the same thing as providing supporting evidence to substantiate that opinion.

While the following paper is specific to India, the problems and issues not confined to that sub-continent.

https://link.springer.com/article/10...01-022-01652-0

Abstract

Groundwater is the second largest store of freshwater in the world. The sustainability of the ecosystem is largely dependent on groundwater availability, and groundwater has already been under tremendous pressure to fulfill human needs owing to anthropogenic activities around various parts of the world. The footprints of human activities can be witnessed in terms of looming climate change, water pollution, and changes in available water resources. This paper provides a comprehensive view of the linkage between groundwater, climate system, and anthropogenic activities, with a focus on the Indian region. The significant prior works addressing the groundwater-induced response on the climatic system and the impacts of climate on groundwater through natural and human-instigated processes are reviewed. The condition of groundwater quality in India with respect to various physicochemical, heavy metal and biological contamination is discussed. The utility of remote sensing and GIS in groundwater-related studies is discussed, focusing on Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE) applications over the Indian region. GRACE-based estimates of terrestrial water storage have been instrumental in numerous groundwater studies in recent times. Based on the literature review, the sustainable practices adopted for optimum utilization of groundwater for different purposes and the possible groundwater-based adaptation strategies for climate change are also enunciated.

[...]Further, the impacts of climate change and variabilities have risen as challenging issues to the present generation, which are likely to worsen in the future due to anthropogenic interventions with nature (Guptha et al. 2021 and 2022; Swain et al. 2022a, b).

The public water supply is likely to be more dependent on groundwater in the future due to population growth and looming climatic variability (Li et al. 2016 and 2017). Recently, groundwater pollution has become a major concern due to possible impacts on human and animal health and ecological consequences. Several studies have reported deterioration in groundwater quality, mainly caused by the application of pesticides and fertilizers (Adimalla et al. 2018a; Adimalla et al. 2020; Gupta 2020; Gupta and Sharma 2019; Khalaj et al. 2019; Li et al. 2014; Zaveri et al. 2016). This leads to nitrate contamination of groundwater, causing fatal diseases in human beings. Not only for human beings, but all the living species that depend on groundwater are also affected by the harmful effects of groundwater quality changes (Morsy et al. 2017).

Furthermore, I suspect this is a discipline that neither of us is actually qualified to comment upon..

As a point of information this earlier contention of yours is not strictly correct.

From here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics...nd-climatology

Atmospheric science encompasses the main subfields of meteorology and climatology that are similar in the scientific principles and phenomena being examined, but usually differ by approach, time scale, and application. Meteorology is the study of the atmosphere and motions within the atmosphere on short-time scales (minutes to weeks). Commonly known as ‘weather,’ meteorology focuses on the atmospheric variables (e.g., temperature, precipitation) related to weather forecasting and current or near-future conditions. Alternatively, climatology is the study of climates or long-term mean atmospheric conditions over a particular place as well as the extremes. Climatology focuses on the processes that create climate patterns and variability. In comparison with meteorology, climatology often has a stronger emphasis on interactions within the earth–atmosphere system that includes the following ‘spheres’: the atmosphere, the thin envelope of gases surrounding the earth and held by gravitational force; the hydrosphere and cryosphere, all terrestrial and atmospheric water and ice sources; the biosphere and anthrosphere, general living organisms and human beings and their activities; and the lithosphere, the terrestrial crust and upper mantle. Meteorology concentrates on processes within the atmosphere and the energy interactions with the surface that affect those processes.

So let me ask you again, what evidence do you have with regard to the anthropogenic influence on climate change that led you to write this:

That actually is in dispute

Why do you resort to hostile language when you are asked to substantiate your opinions?
      Translation: I can't argue fairly so I'll just dump crap and hope she gives up.

FYI: if neither of us is qualified you just disqualified yourself. Completely. It's not your field so how do you know any of the things you cite have actual merit? You don't. they are just word salads to make you look as if you won. You didn't. You now have to support the citations themselves.

But don't bother - nothing you posted refuted my point at all. Now, why do you dodge instead of just arguing your point?

Back to the important question: why do you troll?
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Translation: I can't argue fairly so I'll just dump crap and hope she gives up.

FYI: if neither of us is qualified you just disqualified yourself. Completely. It's not your field so how do you know any of the things you cite have actual merit? You don't. they are just word salads to make you look as if you won. You didn't. You now have to support the citations themselves.

But don't bother - nothing you posted refuted my point at all. Now, why do you dodge instead of just arguing your point?

Back to the important question: why do you troll?
        You have been asked to provide evidence to substantiate your comment that the anthropogenic influences on climate change .

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        That actually is in dispute

So far you have failed to do so.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

But Carbon Dioxide is 2/3 Oxygen!
          I can't believe I never used that line.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment