Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are Some Germans Taking Their Cue From Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    That little difference makes all the difference and demonstrates why comparisons of those things to the Holocaust are worthless.

What's next, that tree is just like a car except for...
    It is hardly a "little difference" given that when I first posted the article I highlighted those sentences - here they are again

Rees-Mogg was right on one point: the concentration camps didn’t have the same aims as Adolf Hitler’s extermination camps during the Second World War. The aim in South Africa wasn’t systematic murder.

You clearly did not read that article when I posted it otherwise you would not come straight back with this:

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Are you trying to say that the Nazis got the idea for concentration camps from the Boer War? I've heard Nazi apologists also cite the reservation system for Native Americans as being the inspiration.

But these are more like ghettos that the Jews were forcibly moved into than concentration camps.

The whole systemized factory-like death machine that were the camps are a German innovation.

You then went off on a side-track about the Rome ghetto and made a claim about it being the first "official" ghetto that was demonstrated to be incorrect.

This thread was really something of a non-starter given that the OP question about Germans taking their cue from Iran - re capital punishment [i.e. beheadings] was not correct in its implication, but in fact was based on a case whereby the body of one homeless man was decapitated by another homeless man who then left the head of the corpse near the court building in Bonn.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

This thread was really something of a non-starter given that the OP question about Germans taking their cue from Iran - re capital punishment [i.e. beheadings] was not correct in its implication, but in fact was based on a case whereby the body of one homeless man was decapitated by another homeless man who then left the head of the corpse near the court building in Bonn.
      Again, that was the point of the thread. You are able to see the problem here with this thrwad but somehow are blind wrt your own thread, which this thread is a analogous parody of.

Comment