Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Rasmussen Poll: 50 Percent Support SCOTUS Abortion Ruling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete dingbat. SCOTUS ruling "unconstitutional."

If brains were dynamite, she wouldn't have enough to blow her nose.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Goodness, I had forgot about that.

With Newt the centaur constantly yelling "Herc! Herc!" Daedalus was the villain, and Hercules put on a magic ring to gain his strength.
      And... a little minotaur with a flute?
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        And I pointed out that you were wrong. You are still wrong. We had protests even in the South where evangelicals far outnumber Catholics.
        At what period? Pre 1973? In 1973? Or later? If so, how much later?

Apart from your prodigious awareness at the tender age of nine concerning a SCOTUS ruling you have not provided an iota of evidence that refutes what I wrote that:

And the issue was considered by many evangelicals to be a "Catholic concern". Yes there was disquietude among some when the abortion rate rose rapidly after 1973 but it was not a main-stream issue for evangelicals until the late 1970s and into the 1980s.

Feel free to keep doing what you condemn in others.

"It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

And... a little minotaur with a flute?
          IIRC that was a faun. And of course Hercules' blonde girlfriend who's only purpose was to be the damsel in distress.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Apart from your prodigious awareness at the tender age of nine concerning a SCOTUS ruling you have not provided an iota of evidence that refutes what I wrote that:

And the issue was considered by many evangelicals to be a "Catholic concern". Yes there was disquietude among some when the abortion rate rose rapidly after 1973 but it was not a main-stream issue for evangelicals until the late 1970s and into the 1980s.

If you are talking about protesting Roe why would you ask if they were pre-1973?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If you are talking about protesting Roe why would you ask if they were pre-1973?
              No I was referring to general concerns about abortion, given that prior to 1973, and despite it being illegal, such operations were still being performed.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                Complete dingbat. SCOTUS ruling "unconstitutional."

If brains were dynamite, she wouldn't have enough to blow her nose.
                Well she is a press secretary. Her job is to just read her notes and look pretty. Not think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Well she is a press secretary. Her job is to just read her notes and look pretty. Not think.
                  I think it's becoming ever more clear that she was put in that position because she checked multiple boxes, not because of her qualifications or abilities.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I think it's becoming ever more clear that she was put in that position because she checked multiple boxes, not because of her qualifications or abilities.
                    Cute, Black, Gay, Liberal, Can read.

Comment

No I was referring to general concerns about abortion, given that prior to 1973, and despite it being illegal, such operations were still being performed.
                      So were all sorts of crimes. Should there have been protests against arson? Kidnapping?

That there were none and still aren't any mean that there isn't much opposition to those activities?

Do you ever think before you type?

Comment

So were all sorts of crimes. Should there have been protests against arson? Kidnapping?

That there were none and still aren't any mean that there isn't much opposition to those activities?

Do you ever think before you type?
                        Given that lawyers filed a law suit on behalf of McCorvey in 1970 and in the same year a Texas district court ruled that the state’s abortion ban was illegal because it violated a constitutional right to privacy, the comment:

We had protests even in the South

Might be a reference to that period and possible protests against any possibility of making abortion a legal right.
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Given that lawyers filed a law suit on behalf of McCorvey in 1970 and in the same year a Texas district court ruled that the state’s abortion ban was illegal because it violated a constitutional right to privacy, the comment:

We had protests even in the South

Might be a reference to that period and possible protests against any possibility of making abortion a legal right.
                          District Court decisions rarely got much attention back then, not like now when various news outlets will cite them as if writ large in stone if they push a certain agenda.

Comment

Aww, I'm sowwy - you lost the argument again, huh?
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Aww, I'm sowwy - you lost the argument again, huh?
                              Teallaura I do believe you are trolling me!

Do remember the words of Matthew chapter twenty three, verse three.

"It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment