Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Promiscuity: The real reason for Roe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    When I lived in Huntsville, we did prison ministry at "The Walls Unit" - where the executions take place. Just about every convict I counseled with, including those on Death Row, had two things in common....

A) They were absolutely innocent, and had been framed*
    2) They claimed to be Christian or Evangelical Christian.

The Church should stop saying crime and murder is wrong because of that.

*the most notable was the guy who was a barber in the prison barber shop where I got my haircut. One day, while he was shaving me (with the obligatory strait razor) I asked him, "So, what are you in here for".
    He paused a minute, gave me a cold hard stare, and slowly drawled, "I kilt my wife and kids wid a razor knife".
    Last shave you ever get there?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Last shave you ever get there?
      No, he was a really big African American who enjoyed joking around -- after he told me that, he waited for my reaction, then busted out laughing and said, "OK, maybe not!".
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, he was a really big African American who enjoyed joking around -- after he told me that, he waited for my reaction, then busted out laughing and said, "OK, maybe not!".
        Kinda figured there was more to the story given they trusted him with placing a razor against throats.

Reminds me of the Roman (?) leader who was so paranoid of getting his throat slit that he was shaved with hot coals. I assume they burnt it down to a stubble or short beard.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

OK, we've made a little progress.... so now let's see if you can actually turn that into some kind of point.
          I'm wondering if it would be appropriate to point out that there are also a number of women who self identify as men.
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Another pop tart I've never heard of is angry at people who use exceptions like rape to argue for abortion, saying, "Most people, including myself, just didn't want to have a [expletive] baby. AND THAT IS REASON ENOUGH! WE DON'T HAVE TO JUSTIFY IT." Emphasis is in her original post (note: the source is not censored):

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...reason-enough/

It's interesting to see what liberals do now that they have to actually argue in favor of abortion instead of hiding behind "It's my Constitutionally protected right, so shut up!" They're finally saying the quiet parts out loud, and, in this case, openly admitting that abortion kills a baby.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

And I have been referring to the women in that report.
              Yes, you've endlessly been babbling about the women, but you have yet to make a cogent point.

My guess is that even YOU know it'd be a really dump "point".
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                I do not condemn any woman for having an abortion. I leave that behaviour to others.

However, the survey clearly shows that of the women surveyed a large percentage identified as Christian and they availed themselves of a legal right that many of their fellow Christians were campaigning to remove.

And?
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Another pop tart I've never heard of is angry at people who use exceptions like rape to argue for abortion, saying, "Most people, including myself, just didn't want to have a [expletive] baby. AND THAT IS REASON ENOUGH! WE DON'T HAVE TO JUSTIFY IT." Emphasis is in her original post (note: the source is not censored):

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...reason-enough/

It's interesting to see what liberals do now that they have to actually argue in favor of abortion instead of hiding behind "It's my Constitutionally protected right, so shut up!" They're finally saying the quiet parts out loud, and, in this case, openly admitting that abortion kills a baby.
                  Interesting piece about how the case for abortion is contingent upon believing that the value of someone is solely dependent on how much they are wanted, and a warning that the "clump of cells" argument is returning.

Source: The Self-Hate Of Abortion Advocates

"Electrical activity in a group of organizing cells is not a heartbeat"

In the days since the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, I’ve seen a fair number of hysterical posts and tweets, ranging from silly to wildly ignorant. But none of them hold a candle to the post I first quoted, alleging that there is in fact no baby at all, just a group of cells with “electrical activity.”

Far be it from me to point out that that definition applies to every human being, as we are all composed of clumps of cells that function due to electrical activity. Of course, this is not a medical term. Indeed, it was created by a few spin doctors to counter the messaging of the heartbeat bills passing at the state level. Clearly the point here, as in every attempt to dehumanize a category of humanity in order to justify their termination, is to render the unborn child “less than.” It’s quite hard to admit that you’re fine stopping a baby’s heart. Make that baby just a group of cells with electrical activity and suddenly you’re just doing a little mechanical work, not murdering a little one.

Of course, none of us would ever actually use these terms in real life. Earlier this year, when my husband and I were told that our little one had passed away in utero, my doctor did not say, “Oh well, the electrical activity in that group of cells has ceased.” She said she was sorry, but my baby had died. Granted, my doctor is pro-life, but in good faith I’ll assume that even the most rabidly pro-abortion OB-GYN would refrain from “electrical activity” jargon when talking to a grieving mother who just lost her baby. Further, I assume that even my pro-abortion friends and family, who have posted many things similar to what I quoted above in the past days and weeks, would express sympathy if told of my loss, and their sympathy would be sincere.

But here we come to the crux of what it means to be pro-choice. In the eyes of those clamoring for a “woman’s right to choose,” my baby was only worth mourning because I wanted her. Had I wanted to end her life, they would have cheered that it was my right, that she meant nothing, just a clump of cells with electrical activity. I know few pro-abortion individuals who would state that as plainly as I just wrote it. Instead, they would hide behind the variety of one-liners that have dominated the online world since the Dobbs opinion was leaked in May.

They would probably recite some lines about being concerned for women, and I have little doubt their concern is real. Instead of bemoaning all the poor women now forced to continue their pregnancies, however, they could ask if maybe these women don’t actually want to kill their children. Perhaps they want the support and resources they need to welcome their little one—support, it’s worth pointing out, that thousands of pregnancy centers have been providing for decades.

They might rattle off something about ectopic pregnancies (or for that matter septic uteruses, miscarriages, and molar pregnancies), but in doing so would only betray their own ignorance of how those medical situations are handled. These procedures have nothing to do with abortion as it is legally defined and are untouched by any pro-life laws. Others would talk of bodily autonomy and the death of democracy, but without adequately explaining how removing the authority of nine unelected officials over this issue and returning it to the people’s elected representatives at the state level undermines our democracy.

I have worked and volunteered in the pro-life movement for over a decade and am familiar with every single heartbreaking hypothetical. I have met women who have lived out these situations, some of them choosing life and some not. Yet as real and terrible and difficult as many of these situations are, behind all of them lies the truth pro-abortion advocates try so frequently to euphemize: Their movement can only exist if you believe that a person’s value is dependent on how much they are wanted, or how much their mother can afford to keep them. It requires a dizzying cognitive dissonance to live out this ideology. How else can you celebrate your friends’ baby showers and coo over their ultrasound photos but claim the little one in the belly of a scared unwed mother in college is suddenly not a baby, just an unwanted clump of cells?

It’s this euphemized truth that is hinted at by the tweets and posts I see now, asking, “Who will pay for the unwanted babies?” The ghastly logic therein being that rather than setting about the arduous task of reforming our nation’s adoption and foster care systems, we should simply kill those children before they pose such a burden. After all, no one wants them, so how much could they be worth?

I would argue that there is something more heartbreaking than poor logic at play here. There is a devastating level of self-hatred embedded in the pro-choice movement. Pope Benedict XVI wrote: “Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary.” You and I do not exist because of a fluke or simple twist of fate. We exist because we were created out of love for a distinct purpose. This bears true for every human being that has ever been called to life since the dawn of time, regardless of how long they lived, or even if they lived outside of the womb.

The pro-choice individual cannot accept this truth. I have heard it said that the March for Life is striking because it is the only protest where the attendees are protesting on behalf of another group. A pro-abortion rally is striking for the opposite reason. The people attending are conceding they had no right to live. It is why I always am saddened when I see mothers at pro-abortion protests with their daughters. They are chanting for the right to have their grandchildren killed. (Presumably they would not call the children their daughters chose to abort their grandchildren. Those little ones would just be the cell clumps that came about at the wrong time. Their “real grandchildren” would be the ones that come at the right time, in the appropriate circumstances.)

Even sadder, I look at the daughters standing beside their mothers, admitting, whether they intend to or not, that they believe their mother should have had the right to kill them. When yet another female celebrity credits her current success and family to the children she aborted earlier, I always wonder if her living children feel survivor’s guilt. Or maybe they are just grateful that they came to be when their mom felt comfortable enough in her career to let them live.

I write none of this with animosity, but I find it to be one of the greatest tragedies to come out of that great tragedy that beset our nation in 1973. We now have generations of people who do not even know their own worth enough to know that they were deserving of life, even when they were vulnerable, and even if they were unwanted or came from poverty.

Roe v. Wade is dead, after a bloody reign of 49 years that saw the deaths of 63 million innocent children. This is a great victory, but the work of the pro-life movement is far from over. The thousands of pregnancy centers in our nation will need greater support (and protection) to meet the need that will grow exponentially as states’ pro-life laws go into effect. Pro-life lobbyists and legislators, who have been working for decades to increase access to resources and financial assistance for low-income pregnant women will need to fight all the harder, to say nothing of the state-level fight to pass pro-life legislation.

The fight cannot end, however, in simply protecting babies and their mothers from the scourge of abortion. For years, we have prayed for this day, and prayers are still needed. Prayers not just that all babies will be protected by law (in all 50 states), but that those who stand for the culture of death, who believe life is expendable, even their own, would realize how great a deception they have been told.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

When I lived in Huntsville, we did prison ministry at "The Walls Unit" - where the executions take place. Just about every convict I counseled with, including those on Death Row, had two things in common....

A) They were absolutely innocent, and had been framed*
                    2) They claimed to be Christian or Evangelical Christian.
                    Having done prison ministry for a number of years I can vouch for this...

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

Having done prison ministry for a number of years I can vouch for this...
                      There was, of course, the rare exception --- one man told me

"I did what I was accused of doing - I took the lives of innocent people, and I deserve to die - I have accepted Christ as my Savior, not to 'get out of jail sooner', because I know I will never leave this facility. I have accepted His forgiveness, but that doesn't take away the penalty here on earth, and I look forward to seeing Him face to face some day soon".

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

You do realize that we have a better chance if we can get the liberals to move to Canada and let the Canadian conservatives move here.
                        Sure - but I don't think liberals (at least not the loonies) are actually as numerous as polling would suggest. We're about to find out.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Sure - but I don't think liberals (at least not the loonies) are actually as numerous as polling would suggest. We're about to find out.
                          I'm not sure even polling shows they're that numerous. They've been the tail wagging the dog of the Democratic Party. And shaking that dog quite vigorously at that.

Comment