Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The last few hours at one US abortion clinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

He did attempt to attract her and he did apparently refer to it as a "medical center".

We encourage each expectant mother to choose life by introducing her to her unborn child through a free ultrasound and by counseling her on the life choices available.

Some might consider that to be applying emotional pressure to vulnerable women.
    Yes, how dare anybody try to offer pregnant women comfort, hope, and the support they need for themselves and their babies to succeed instead of simply snuffing out an innocent human life without an ounce of compassion.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Yes, how dare anybody try to offer pregnant women comfort, hope, and the support they need for themselves and their babies to succeed instead of simply snuffing out an innocent human life without an ounce of compassion.
      Maybe the bus didn't have air conditioning!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

She should have just killed one or two of the other children. Then she could have the new one and no one would care.
        If only there was some way she could avoid becoming pregnant.

Comment

Abstinence has only failed one time in all of history, but that turned out OK.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Indeed.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

You do realise that women voluntarily went to abortion clinics they were not enticed there by predatory abortionists with blue [or any other colour] buses?
              "It ain't necessarily so
              The things that you're liable
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life
              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Some pregnancies are accidents, some foetuses are also malformed. Some women are abused. I read of a historic event where an eleven year old was incestuously impregnated by her father. Under the system currently extant in many US states she would now be denied an abortion.
                "It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Since you forgot to include a link, I'll be happy to provide one...

Roe’s Final Hours in One of America’s Largest Abortion Clinics

roe died.jpg
                  The women would all be more than welcome at a crisis pregnancy center and receive all kinds of help and support.

Scrolled through that article. So disturbing to see the staff so upset and crying about no longer being able to kill babies.

Comment

“We’ll see more babies in the dumpsters "
                    As a matter of fact we'll see less babies in dumpsters. The ones putting enormous amounts there are clinics like these.

Comment

You do realise that women voluntarily went to abortion clinics they were not enticed there by predatory abortionists with blue [or any other colour] buses?
                      Oh, so now someone who offers hope to pregnant women is "predatory".

Some pregnancies are accidents, some foetuses are also malformed. Some women are abused. I read of a historic event where an eleven year old was incestuously impregnated by her father. Under the system currently extant in many US states she would now be denied an abortion.
                      There's no such thing as an "accidental pregnancy" since the act leading up to it was quite deliberate. "I didn't mean to get pregnant!" Yeah, but you didn't exactly go out of your way to avoid it, either.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "malformed" fetus. If you mean nonviable that's a different matter. Or are you arguing like that evil woman on CNN who defended abortion by referring to her relative with Down syndrome?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/roe-v-...ndit-abortions

And, yes, some women are abused, but as I've said before, the evil of her abuse does not justify the even greater evil of murdering an innocent human life. An 11 year old impregnated by her father is a bad situation, but murder is not the solution.

Comment

Oh, so now someone who offers hope to pregnant women is "predatory".
                        Applying emotional pressure to vulnerable women is highly questionable

There's no such thing as an "accidental pregnancy" since the act leading up to it was quite deliberate. "I didn't mean to get pregnant!" Yeah, but you didn't exactly go out of your way to avoid it, either.

And, yes, some women are abused, .
                        Interesting logic. The latter statement contradicts the first one.

but as I've said before the evil of her abuse does not justify the even greater evil of murdering an innocent human life. An 11 year old impregnated by her father is a bad situation, but murder is not the solution.
                        Even if giving birth at such a young age could lead to physical damage that could prevent her having a child in the future? That is not unknown. Just because a young girl can become pregnant it does not follow that she can safely give birth. Firstly, the pelvis does not fully widen until the late teens and secondly if she does have a vaginal delivery she risks damage to her vagina, her rectum and her bladder,

"It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I wonder if any 'journalists' like this (I've seen a couple of these sorts of articles the last three days) have spent any time at a Crisis Pregnancy Center or even went to report on their response on the day this decision came down. Somehow I doubt it.

I haven't seen any sort of detailed reporting like this on them.

Let alone detailed reporting on, say, the crisis pregnancy center that got set on fire after the Roe decision this weekend here in Colorado. Or the one that had its windows busted in in Virginia this weekend.
                          Last edited by Gondwanaland; 06-27-2022, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Sometimes, out of desperation, people even do things like attempt suicide. You really don't think we should just stand by and allow them, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

The women would all be more than welcome at a crisis pregnancy center and receive all kinds of help and support.

Scrolled through that article. So disturbing to see the staff so upset and crying about no longer being able to kill babies.
                              Yup, we've already seen an uptick in the visits to our local pregnancy center, and some of has been because they've heard the State of Texas is stepping up available assistance!

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                                I wonder if any 'journalists' like this (I've seen a couple of these sorts of articles the last three days) have spent any time at a Crisis Pregnancy Center or even went to report on their response on the day this decision came down. Somehow I doubt it.

I haven't seen any sort of detailed reporting like this on them.

Let alone detailed reporting on, say, the crisis pregnancy center that got set on fire after the Roe decision this weekend here in Colorado. Or the one that had its windows busted in in Virginia this weekend.
                                Don't worry, AG Garland is on it like a sleeping dog on a burglar!

Comment