Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Win For Religious Liberty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

now THAT I will agree is indeed wrong.
    You're the first! Good to hear.

But him praying in public or private is his constitutional right. Heck even if he were a complete hypocrite and praying in public to Satan himself, it would still be his constitutional right. Him being a Christian has nothing to do with it.
    Again, I stated in my VERY FIRST POST agreement that it is his constitutional right and that the decision by SCOTUS was the right decision. It's interesting though, to see Christians' immediate response to criticism of his behavior being an assumption that somehow that criticism means I don't think he has the right to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

For what purpose? To be seen kneeling praying in front of the SCOTUS building.
      Are you saying that you judge him without knowing his intent? Surely not.

Again, I stated in my VERY FIRST POST agreement that it is his constitutional right and that the decision by SCOTUS was the right decision. It's interesting though, to see Christians' immediate response to criticism of his behavior being an assumption that somehow that criticism means I don't think he has the right to do it.
      But saying that a Christian is violating the requirements of Scripture is a denial that he has any right to do it - laws of the land notwithstanding.
      Last edited by tabibito; 06-28-2022, 09:08 AM.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Bruh, he literally is going around doing photo ops.
        To be honest, I found the image of him before the SCOTUS as being in bad taste -- which I understand is entirely subjective.

It just seemed to be unnecessary gloating.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Are you saying that you judge him without knowing his intent? Surely not.
          By his fruit we know him.

But saying that a Christian is violating the requirements of Scripture is a denial that he has any right to do it - laws of the land notwithstanding.
          No, it is not. What sort of twisted logic are you using?

Comment

No, it is not. What sort of twisted logic are you using?
            What kind of twisted logic is involved in claiming that a Christian has the right to violate scriptural requirement?

1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

What kind of twisted logic is involved in claiming that a Christian has the right to violate scriptural requirement?
              A christian has the right to do whatever they want, just like any other person with free will, and they regularly violate scripture.

Comment

A christian has the right to do whatever they want, just like any other person with free will, and they regularly violate scripture.
                What a person does is often at odds with what the person has the right to do.
                The outcome of your argument would have it that a person has the right to an abortion if that's what they want, or to go on a killing spree.
                The Christian has the right either to assent to scriptural requirements or to lay down his "badge," with due acknowledgement that there are times when the person fails in the responsibility to follow through on the assent.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

What a person does is often at odds with what the person has the right to do.
                  The outcome of your argument would have it that a person has the right to an abortion if that's what they want, or to go on a killing spree.
                  The Christian has the right either to assent to scriptural requirements or to lay down his "badge," with due acknowledgement that there are times when the person fails in the responsibility to follow through on the assent.
                  I'm unsure what you are having a meltdown over.

Christians regularly violate scriptural requirements. Sometimes daily.

I'll repeat my post:

I'm unsure what you're rambling about here or what windmill you've decided to tilt at.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    To be honest, I found the image of him before the SCOTUS as being in bad taste -- which I understand is entirely subjective.

It just seemed to be unnecessary gloating.
                    I personally thought the picture made a very powerful statement about showing humble reverence to God no matter who tries to silence you, but I can see how it might be interpreted other ways.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I personally thought the picture made a very powerful statement about showing humble reverence to God no matter who tries to silence you, but I can see how it might be interpreted other ways.
                      Yeah, I cut him some slack because he's a football coach, he thinks in terms of life being a "game of struggle", and he sees the SCOTUS case as a "touchdown".

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                        Cos religions that teach Death to the Infidels are bad because of it, but those that teach eternal hellfire for the infidels are good?
                        No, because it's unseemly to make that sort of thing part of a public prayer. If the infidel prays it quietly, it would not be an issue.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Good to hear at least some are willing to be consistent

Again, Matt 5 is about good deeds not about publicly praying to be seen or making photo ops.
                          We disagree about the variety of things that fall under "good deeds."
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment