Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Any thoughts on Justice Thomas' opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I think it has become increasingly obvious - and I mean this with all due respect - that she really doesn't understand how our system of government works.
    It seems I might as well cease exchanges with you as well.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
      It seems I might as well cease exchanges with you as well.
      Yes, because that's so much easier than actually learning facts about that which you wish to argue.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Any thoughts on Justice Thomas' opinion?

My opinion is that he has sound opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
          [/B]

My opinion is that he has sound opinions.
          But that's just your opinion.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

But that's just your opinion.
            My opinion is that your opinion about my opinions is subjective.

Comment

My opinion is that your opinion about my opinions is subjective.
              That does it. I have changed my opinion and I'm not telling you what it is. You'll just have to assume.

Comment

That does it. I have changed my opinion and I'm not telling you what it is. You'll just have to assume.
                If you don't share an opinion, it fails to become an opinion and remains only a thought. That's what I think. I mean... that's my opinion.

Comment

If you don't share an opinion, it fails to become an opinion and remains only a thought. That's what I think. I mean... that's my opinion.
                  Lemme think about that.

Comment

Given that you have ignored replying to my question it seems you are equally guilty.

However, as you [yet again] cannot engage without personal comments there is no point in any further exchanges.
                    I did reply to your question. You quotemined out the reply, as I stated.

You're welcome to run away from the rest of the post you just snipped out, which answered your question. I probably would run away too if I used the word 'adjudicated' and thought it meant introducing legislation.

Here, for the very slim chance that you possibly might educate yourself for once:

adjudicate
                    verb [ I or T ]

us
                    /əˈdʒuː.də.keɪt/ uk
                    /əˈdʒuː.dɪ.keɪt/

to act as judge in a competition or argument, or to make a formal decision about something
                    Literally nothing to do with introducing legislation.

Last edited by Gondwanaland; 06-27-2022, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Yes, because that's so much easier than actually learning facts about that which you wish to argue.
                      Looks like Hypatia_Alexandria is upset that she got caught misusing using a word she didn't know the meaning of.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                        I did reply to your question. You quotemined out the reply, as I stated.

You're welcome to run away from the rest of the post you just snipped out, which answered your question. I probably would run away too if I used the word 'adjudicated' and thought it meant introducing legislation.
                        Same thing when she got the 'vapours' over me using the word "debate" like so many of us here use it, as opposed to her "correspondent" which nobody here uses.

I really do think we have a language barrier. It's like people who want to interact with Mexicans, so they learn Spanish from one of those apps, but it's SPAIN Spanish instead of Mexican Spanish, and the Mexicans have a hay day snickering.

Comment

Same thing when she got the 'vapours' over me using the word "debate" like so many of us here use it, as opposed to her "correspondent" which nobody here uses.

I really do think we have a language barrier. It's like people who want to interact with Mexicans, so they learn Spanish from one of those apps, but it's SPAIN Spanish instead of Mexican Spanish, and the Mexicans have a hay day snickering.
                          I don't know if it's a language barrier so much as a mental barrier. She has a very high opinion of herself and has tremendous difficulty conceding her ignorance, admitting error, or accepting when she's just plain wrong.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I don't know if it's a language barrier so much as a mental barrier. She has a very high opinion of herself and has tremendous difficulty conceding her ignorance, admitting error, or accepting when she's just plain wrong.
                            Does it have to be either / or?

Comment

Given Thomas' opinion does the possibility of rulings on contraception and SSM raise any concerns?
                              The constitution does not mention homosexuality or contraception either and the SSM ruling at least was just as bad of a legal abomination as Roe vs Wade was.

There isn't much desire to ban contraception except among radical Catholics (even run of the mill Catholics use them regularly).

Some states might delegalize gay marriage again (I don't want to say "ban" because it wasn't really banned before as far as I know), which I hope happens but given how spineless conservatives are I would be surprised if nothing happens here either, like with contraception.
                              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                                There isn't much desire to ban contraception except among radical Catholics (even run of the mill Catholics use them regularly).
                                Do not forget that it was a former "radical Catholic" that introduced the abortion issue to many evangelicals back in the 1970s. Prior to that many Protestants considered abortion a strictly Catholic concern.

Last edited by Hypatia_Alexandria; 06-27-2022, 05:58 PM.
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                The things that you're liable
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life
                                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment