Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

America in a Single Word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    "unnamed source"
    I know, but seeing how loopy Joe is on the regular, and how actively his staff protects him (such as the infamous Easter bunny, or the one time on a foreign trip when Joe was asked a question by a reporter, and Jill runs over and coaxes him to follow her like she's talking to a child), it's really not hard to believe
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I know, but seeing how loopy Joe is on the regular, and how actively his staff protects him (such as the infamous Easter bunny, or the one time on a foreign trip when Joe was asked a question by a reporter, and Jill runs over and coaxes him to follow her like she's talking to a child), it's really not hard to believe
      Yeahbut... that story sounds too much like a "too good to be true" one. It's telling you what you suspect is true. That doesn't automatically mean that it is false, but should be seen as proceed with extreme caution

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Yeahbut... that story sounds too much like a "too good to be true" one. It's telling you what you suspect is true. That doesn't automatically mean that it is false, but should be seen as proceed with extreme caution
        Yeah, I tend to believe it, but Tucker declares it with *way* too much certainty.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Yeah, I tend to believe it, but Tucker declares it with *way* too much certainty.
          In retrospect, unless NZT-48 has suddenly become real, what "pill" could have that kind of effect?
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

In retrospect, unless NZT-48 has suddenly become real, what "pill" could have that kind of effect?
            I'm thinking it is an exaggeration of a fact. They probably do give him something, maybe only ginseng, before he goes out in public. But there's probably not a whole lot of difference from what we see and what we don't. I mean, if the public Biden is the empowered one, yikes.

Comment

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Alpha-GPC, EGCG, huperzine-a, 5-HTP, and maltodextrin (causes bloating, gas -- apparently Eric Swallwell also uses it)

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I'm thinking it is an exaggeration of a fact. They probably do give him something, maybe only ginseng, before he goes out in public. But there's probably not a whole lot of difference from what we see and what we don't. I mean, if the public Biden is the empowered one, yikes.
                  It would be a HUGE exaggeration. The "source" claims that without the magic pill, Joe communicates on a "childlike" level.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

You are falling into the same trap as the liberals of believing something is true because it confirms what you already believe.

I too believe Biden is demented, but I won't believe the story about the pills unless there is evidence. Sound too convenient a story. And I don't know of any pills that can transform someone from a drooling idiot to almost normal in a short time. If there were such a medication then they would be on it all the time. From what I see, Joe is still in the early stages of dementia. Medication might help, but not make THAT much of a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

You are falling into the same trap as the liberals of believing something is true because it confirms what you already believe.

I too believe Biden is demented, but I won't believe the story about the pills unless there is evidence. Sound too convenient a story. And I don't know of any pills that can transform someone from a drooling idiot to almost normal in a short time. If there were such a medication then they would be on it all the time. From what I see, Joe is still in the early stages of dementia. Medication might help, but not make THAT much of a difference.
                      There are medications that can provide a small temporary boost to cognitive abilities for some people in decline, but their effectiveness is short-lived with the more you take it the less it works. By this stage I would think Joe would have swallowed a truckload of the stuff by now and at best it would have a placebo effect.

More likely old Joe was sitting their concentrating on what he was told to say, rehearsing the lines in his head not wanting yet another gaffe or two.

Comment

Except I'm not accepting Tucker's comment as proof in and of itself that Joe is cognitively challenged. We already know he's cognitively challenged, and it's not something that can be reasonably disputed. Even if we dismiss this one piece of anecdotal evidence, the case against Joe remains just as strong.

How liberals operate is that there would be zero evidence outside of "sources say" anecdotes, but they would insist that the facts are indisputable and damning.

Comment

Except I'm not accepting Tucker's comment as proof in and of itself that Joe is cognitively challenged.
                          I never said that. I was responding to your comment that you believed the story about the pills and think you believe that because it "fits" with the belief that you (and I) have that he is demented. I am just saying that the story of the pills seems too convenient. I am not prepared to believe the story of the pills without actual corroboration.

Comment

I never said that. I was responding to your comment that you believed the story about the pills and think you believe that because it "fits" with the belief that you (and I) have that he is demented. I am just saying that the story of the pills seems too convenient. I am not prepared to believe the story of the pills without actual corroboration.
                            I never said I believed it and clearly identified it as coming from an unnamed source for a reason. I only said that based on everything else we know about Joe's mental capacity, the story is not hard to believe.

Comment

• Hey wait!!! "America" is already a single word!!!

Comment

Hey wait!!! "America" is already a single word!!!
                                Abbreviated from Biden's announcement, "I can define America in a single word ... mrphenzembalopbumbia ... "

Comment