Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why do liberals love ugliness so much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do liberals love ugliness so much

It's hard not to notice that society looks more and more like the mutant hicks from "The Hills Have Eyes" or other post-apocalyptic 80s movies, and it's almost entirely due to progressive and progressive-adjacent fashion choices:

fat acceptance
    unshaved female legs and arm pits
    earrings that stretch out the ear lobes
    ugly hipster beards
    nose rings
    wearing indoor clothing outside (IE: yoga pants)
    colorful accessories that accentuate disgustingly fat body parts and people with enough piercings to be mistaken with Naruto cosplays
    ugly low effort transsexuals
    etc.

TV shows used to recruit good looking actors because people saw good looking and well dressed people as inspirational. Now they go out of their way to recruit ugly people to meet diversity quotas.

I mean it's not like conservatives are any better (IE: people of Walmart) but at least they don't go out of their way to accentuate their ugliness the way liberals do
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

The artist is the creator of beautiful things. To reveal art and conceal the artist is art's aim. The critic is he who can translate into another manner or a new material his impression of beautiful things.

The highest, as the lowest, form of criticism is a mode of autobiography. Those who find ugly meanings in beautiful things are corrupt without being charming. This is a fault.

Those who find beautiful meanings in beautiful things are the cultivated. For these there is hope. They are the elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty.

There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all.

The nineteenth-century dislike of Realism is the rage of Caliban seeing his own face in a glass.

The nineteenth-century dislike of Romanticism is the rage of Caliban not seeing his own face in a glass.

The moral life of man forms part of the subject matter of the artist, but the morality of art consists in the perfect use of an imperfect medium. No artist desires to prove anything. Even things that are true can be be proved.

No artist has ethical sympathies. An ethical sympathy in an artist is an unpardonable mannerism of style. No artist is ever morbid.

The artist can express everything. Thought and language are to the artist instruments of an art. Vice and virtue are to the artist materials for an art. From the point of view of form, the type of all the arts is the art of the musician. From the point of view of feeling, the actor's craft is the type.

All art is at once surface and symbol. Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. Those who read the symbol do so at their peril.

It is the spectator, and not life, that art really mirrors. Diversity of opinion about a work of art shows that the work is new, complex, and vital.

When critics disagree the artist is in accord with himself.

We can forgive a man for making a useful thing as long as he does not admire it. The only excuse for making a useless thing is that one admires it intensely.

All art is quite useless.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

I must admit, there are some women I don't mind seeing in yoga pants.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I thought this was going to be yet another attempt to defend Roger Scruton's arguments for objective beauty.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          I must admit, there are some women I don't mind seeing in yoga pants.
          I'm a pig and proud of it so I can concur.

As for the , OP -- just a thought.

Could they be trying to match the ugliness inside?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            I'm a pig and proud of it so I can concur.

As for the , OP -- just a thought.

Could they be trying to match the ugliness inside?
            Embrace superficial diversity in exchange for uniformity in thought.

Comment