Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

To the Biden supporters and defenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoic View Post
    Yep.
    Single copy - single purpose - even told him what room to be in.

I'd say it was photographic evidence.
    There's VIDEO of it.

And I think you are reading more into it than is there.
    Perhaps you're still on the "Sally, Dick and Jane" series?

Leave a comment:

• Stoic
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The back of what? The professionally printed cheat sheet?
    Yep.

Video evidence, my friend - it was a cheat sheet written for somebody with the apparent mental capability of a child. We actually saw it.
    I'd say it was photographic evidence. And I think you are reading more into it than is there.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Or... maybe he decided to use the back of it to scribble some notes about something that he really needed to remember.
    The back of what? The professionally printed cheat sheet?

Gee, it's fun speculating on insufficient information, isn't it?
    Video evidence, my friend - it was a cheat sheet written for somebody with the apparent mental capability of a child. We actually saw it.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Or... maybe he decided to use the back of it to scribble some notes about something that he really needed to remember.

Almost as much fun as making up a scenario that there just isn't any evidence for.

Old Joe has been getting cheat sheets at least since he's been president. But so had every other president and most politicians. But if you get a glimpse of theirs (and old Joe's) it mostly highlighting a few names and bullet points. But as time went on, Joe's got dumbed down but I really had no idea just how far that process has gone until now.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

This isn't the first time we've seen Joe with cheat sheets that look like they were written for a child. The question is, why do "they" think he needs them? Why does his own wife feel the need to give him verbal stage instructions when they appear together? It's not exactly a mystery.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    If it were just someone getting carried away and old Joe didn't need such reminders, Biden would have stuffed it in his pocket and ignored it as unnecessary

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
    I wouldn't consider myself a Biden supporter/defender, but it seems a possible explanation is simply that whoever put it together got carried away with specifics (heck, for all I know this kind of weird specific might be commonplace in presidential reminders and we just don't see them), and the emphasis on "you" just being a way to make it stand out so you'd see what applies to you with a quick glance.

Whether these explanations are correct I do not know, but "he's so forgetful he needs to be reminded of these things" isn't necessarily the explanation is the point.

Indeed, if he was so forgetful he absolutely needed to be reminded of just everything, it's odd for it to say "You ask Liz Schuler, President, AFL-CIO, a question" without a specification on what that question is. That's something that would be far easier to forget than whether to sit down.
    It's called cumulative of evidence. We all knew (even the left knew this prior to him getting elected) he had dementia based on the stack of clear evidence before this incident. This incident just appears to be the nail in the coffin of any argument against his cognitive decline. At least I thought that was the case. It's to the point now that either his defenders denying this are outright lying, or there's some really powerful cognitive dissonance at play.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Dimbulb View Post
    The question is not if I've "come around", but how brilliantly prescient I was and how much I absolutely nailed it years in advance.
    Like you were the only one saying that Joe had a head full of mush.
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 06-26-2022, 08:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I wouldn't consider myself a Biden supporter/defender, but it seems a possible explanation is simply that whoever put it together got carried away with specifics (heck, for all I know this kind of weird specific might be commonplace in presidential reminders and we just don't see them), and the emphasis on "you" just being a way to make it stand out so you'd see what applies to you with a quick glance.
    Yeah, no. There are no other persons receiving instructions in that cheat sheet.

Whether these explanations are correct I do not know, but "he's so forgetful he needs to be reminded of these things" isn't necessarily the explanation is the point.
    But the simplest explanation is usually the best, no?

Indeed, if he was so forgetful he absolutely needed to be reminded of just everything, it's odd for it to say "You ask Liz Schuler, President, AFL-CIO, a question" without a specification on what that question is. That's something that would be far easier to forget than whether to sit down.
    But he's TERRIBLE at reading -- I would think they had filled him in on what question to ask, and hoped that he could manage that, rather than stumble and mumble through reading something from a card, which would be painfully obvious to everybody.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    This bit gave me a laugh:

As for requiring a neuropsychological test... If you make all the guys in Congress take the test, you’d lose half the Congress.”
    Sounds about right and shows such a test would be a good idea!
    Perhaps we should put a pause on searching for intelligent life on Mars and elsewhere and see if we can find any evidence of it in Washington D.C. first.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied

I might make notes for myself before a news briefing, but it is uniquely odd to see a president with a prepared and professionally printed cheat sheet. It smacks of some sort of well-oiled machine and levers being pulled behind the curtain.

oz.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    Maybe it's you who has Alzheimer's?

Me in Jan 2020, before Biden was the nominee:

Me in June 2020, before Biden was elected:
    I don't read all of your posts and it appears I wasn't involved in those threads. But it's not my imagination that you have been singing his praises for some time.

The question is not if I've "come around", but how brilliantly prescient I was and how much I absolutely nailed it years in advance.
    I'll accept that as sarcasm.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

If it were just someone getting carried away and old Joe didn't need such reminders, Biden would have stuffed it in his pocket and ignored it as unnecessary

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Reagan was clearly in the very early stages, likely before clear detection would have been possible (especially with the much lower understanding of the disease that we had decades ago). Nothing remotely close to Biden's level of decline, but clearly some mental impairment.

Looking back with better info and knowledge, he was clearly suffering with the earliest stages of decline.
    https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...947-story.html

https://www.medicaldaily.com/ronald-...disease-328050

Notice in particular the part about his tend toward relying on crutch words like 'thing'

..... sound like anyone we know? "You know, the thing!"
    I vaguely remember reading about this and IIRC the authors loaded it with caveats cautioning about reading too much into it, which were of course ignored.

Leave a comment:

• Terraceth
    replied

Last edited by Terraceth; 06-26-2022, 03:08 AM.

Leave a comment: